PDA

View Full Version : A question about MS office 2000

berries
02-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I have a legal copy of MS office 2000, and I want to use that on my new computer. Problem is I dont have the CD anymore. I found the COA that has the serial number on it, and a CD2, but the CD1 which has all the programs on it is missing. CD2 only has optional stuff for excel, words etc, the programs themselfs are on CD1. Does anyone know where I can get another CD? Office 2000 still costs like $200, and I dont want to throw away that much, since I have a legal copy, I just lost a CD.

When I was shopping for windows xp pro, I saw several companies selling CD's of win xp pro, without licence for under $10. They were called the "Win XP Preinstallation CD for System Builder" and it allowed you to install windows XP before you sell the new computer. I could not find any CD's like that for office though. Do such CDs exist? Where can I find them? Or does anyone have any other ideas on where I can get replacement CDs?

Please dont post stuff like borrrow from someone or burn from warez site, etc etc.

Dr.Demonic69
02-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I think you entered a wrong forum my friend.

berries
02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
SO far, every question I asked on these forums, I got an answer for it. So I think I am in the right place.

saaya
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
call ms and give them your serial and maybe they can help ya... or just get openoffice. switched to openoffice and i really like it.

DrDemonic
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
how bout i kick you and you entire family in their pussies for asking such an ignorant wrongly asked question. Do us all a favor and at least castrate yourself to rid your mutated genes of this planet, so the allele frequency of all chromosomes in your gametes is reduced to 0.

PyroTeknik
02-03-2004, 07:12 PM
no reason to be feisty about it..... by the way berries... ygpm

berries
02-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DrDemonic
how bout i kick you and you entire family in their pussies for asking such an ignorant wrongly asked question. Do us all a favor and at least castrate yourself to rid your mutated genes of this planet, so the allele frequency of all chromosomes in your gametes is reduced to 0.

http://zoloft.com/images/common/zoloft_logo.gif (http://www.zoloft.com)

saaya
02-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by DrDemonic

woa dude what did ya have for breakfast? :eek:

dim3z
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
berries just install office 2000 from someone elses CD or a burnt one and quit youre whineing, if you got ure own CD key and youre own license for the product youre in the clear ok? that or go cry to ure mummy about it, maybe she can buy you a new one

faruquehabib
02-03-2004, 07:41 PM
what is openoffice and where can i get it??

saaya
02-03-2004, 07:42 PM
www.openoffice.org

its an open-source officexp ripp-off...err similar looking office app :D

it can read and write all diferent file types.
its has a few little bugs i think and installing plaug ins is pretty complicated but it runs just fine. i dont use office very much anyways so its great for me. no license or bad conscience because of the absence of it and i support some nice n friendly programmers :D

faruquehabib
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by saaya
www.openoffice.org

its an open-source officexp ripp-off...err similar looking office app :D

it can read and write all diferent file types.
its has a few little bugs i think and installing plaug ins is pretty complicated but it runs just fine. i dont use office very much anyways so its great for me. no license or bad conscience because of the absence of it and i support some nice n friendly programmers :D

:toast: thanks, saaya

isp
02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
I would think Microsoft could resolve something like this...

sjohnson
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Find someone nearby you who'll loan you their legit copy and use your key to install from their CD.

Another vote for OpenOffice BTW. My only regret is that it uses an interpreter (java) instead of being compiled. Fine on a fast rig but it can be slow on a less-optimal machine.