PDA

View Full Version : New FW crucial m4 010g

flopper
09-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Recomended manual update for uefi user.
Updated, disk a little faster in boot.

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 09/25/2012

Firmware for the Crucial m4 2.5” SSD is being updated from version 000F to 010G.

The m4 is updatable to this new firmware starting from any previous version in a single step.

Do NOT use any other m4 firmware update for your 2.5” SSD such as the 01MG firmware for the mSATA form factor.

Version 010G includes the following changes:

Improved Trim response time
Improved power-on-to-ready time (known as POR, or TTR for Time-to-ready)
Improved resume-time from low power modes, and improved reliability of warm reboot
Improved power consumption by disabling HIPM (Host Initiated Power Management)

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide

Nizzen
09-29-2012, 05:46 AM
This firmware is just epic fail. It does not work with UEFI Motherboards... Read on Crucial forums...

This firmware update does not support UEFI. If you are using a UEFI based system please do not download this Firmware. As soon as we have a Firmware Update that will work in these applications we will release it.

And this is not Xtreme Storage either.. This is just sad news :p

flopper
09-29-2012, 06:52 AM
This firmware is just epic fail. It does not work with UEFI Motherboards... Read on Crucial forums...

And this is not Xtreme Storage either.. This is just sad news :p

it works just not the updater.
use manual update burn to iso.

I use a uefi board ad far I know.

Computurd
09-29-2012, 07:37 AM
interesting...i havent had the time to update but will soon :) Nice of crucial to keep giving out updates...now where is their next gen dammit?

Highendtoys
09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
interesting...i havent had the time to update but will soon :) Nice of crucial to keep giving out updates...now where is their next gen dammit?

At IDF I was told we'll see it at CES.

Computurd
09-30-2012, 05:47 PM
cool cant wait, will be interesting to see what controller they go with.

Alex-Ro
09-30-2012, 10:29 PM
At IDF I was told we'll see it at CES.

CES in January 2013?Oh boy...little late i think,samsung will have sold a boatload of 840 and 840 pro till then...

Highendtoys
10-01-2012, 12:52 AM
I think everyone will get a surprise soon on the 840 when they get tested for performance at 50% of the capacity taken up by data. We'll see though.