PDA

View Full Version : A Big Hello from Lian Li

Lian Li Tech
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone.

Lian Li is excited to have a forum on XtremeSystems. In the past Lian Li has not really reached out to the public much, and we want to take this opportunity to talk with Lian Li fans and DIY builders.

Additionally, Lian Li will be showing off new products, holding contest and asking the community what you may like and dislike about Lian Li so to make the best cases possible.

So if you have questions about Lian Li products, want tech support or just want to say hi please do so. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Movieman
09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
WELL OMG! I am in shock.. A Lian Li rep here on XS!:clap:
Looks around the room:
PC30
PC70
PC65
G70
V2000
PC76 ( THE best case ever made IMHO)
HMM..No 343B
Can I send you my address?:rofl:
Welcome!:up:

HuffPCair
09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Same here this is awesome, I only use Lian Li case. Welcome to the forum.

Movieman
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Same here this is awesome, I only use Lian Li case. Welcome to the forum.
I think I bought my first Lian Li case back in August 2005, the PC70, still use it, has a 2600K in it now.
The PC76 is one I searched for over 2 years to find. Finally found it on ebay.
Immense case, EATX, 4x80mm front,2x80 rear and 120 blowhole and also a good inch wider than most cases made back then.
2 racks for up to 12 drives front bottom.
I think I figured one day that adding in the 5.25" bay units you could stick 19 drives in it
I mean it when I say it has no flaws.

Lian Li Tech
09-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Movieman. Quite a collection you got there. :)

Movieman
09-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Movieman. Quite a collection you got there. :)
To me Lian Li is like the Hallmark card company: When you only want the very best.
Don't thank me, let me thank your company for making excellent products.:up:

HuffPCair
09-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I currently own the A05NB and PC-Q16B, both great cases.

But I have owned at least five that I can think of right off the bat.

Only thing Id change on either of the cases I have now is the feet on the Q16, would rather have some kind of rubber footing rather than the metal ones on it now.

Lian Li Tech
09-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I currently own the A05NB and PC-Q16B, both great cases.

But I have owned at least five that I can think of right off the bat.

Only thing Id change on either of the cases I have now is the feet on the Q16, would rather have some kind of rubber footing rather than the metal ones on it now.

Thanks HuffPCair. I will carry this message on to the designers.

And just as a sneak peek, the next few models to be released will have rubber feet.

Mydog
09-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello Lian Li good to see you here :)
I got a little collection myself here,
PC80B
P50B Scand
Two PC-V1200 PLUS II
One standard PC343B "Cube Case"

I'm currently building in a "PC343B Extended" for E-ATX and HPTX.
Sorry for the bad picture
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7574/011otn.jpg

mav2000
09-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Awesome and great to see you guys reaching out I the users. One thing I would love to have on a full tower case from you guys is the radiator mount options. Rather than making them optional or DIY I think you guys need to include them on the case straight off. Also black interiors if the price permits.

Overall one of the bet case makers around and love the innovations that you guys have managed over the years, specially the tool less bits

Lian Li Tech
09-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Awesome and great to see you guys reaching out I the users. One thing I would love to have on a full tower case from you guys is the radiator mount options. Rather than making them optional or DIY I think you guys need to include them on the case straight off. Also black interiors if the price permits.

Overall one of the bet case makers around and love the innovations that you guys have managed over the years, specially the tool less bits

Hi mav2000. I know that not having an all black interior on a lot of cases always gets a lot of gripes. Lian Li has taken note of this, and will be implementing all black interiors on their next batch of new cases. This may not be the case for every new chassis that is released in the future, but it is something that Lian Li is working on.

As for the radiator mount options, I will send word to the designers. :)

Lian Li Tech
09-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Hello Lian Li good to see you here :)
I got a little collection myself here,
PC80B
P50B Scand
Two PC-V1200 PLUS II
One standard PC343B "Cube Case"

I'm currently building in a "PC343B Extended" for E-ATX and HPTX.
Sorry for the bad picture
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7574/011otn.jpg

Cool pic! Not bad at all. ;)

mav2000
09-03-2012, 11:55 PM
And can we have the cube cases back. Just love them and can never find them

Lian Li Tech
09-04-2012, 12:19 AM
And can we have the cube cases back. Just love them and can never find them

If you are talking about the big cube cases, Lian Li did show off this big boy (http://uk.hardware.info/news/28415/lian-li-shows-enormous-pc-d8000-chassis) at Computex.

Should be coming out later this year.

Mydog
09-04-2012, 12:55 AM
If you are talking about the big cube cases, Lian Li did show off this big boy (http://uk.hardware.info/news/28415/lian-li-shows-enormous-pc-d8000-chassis) at Computex.

That's the case I've got here now and getting another one when my friend drives up here :D
I guess you know him :)

HuffPCair
09-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks HuffPCair. I will carry this message on to the designers.

And just as a sneak peek, the next few models to be released will have rubber feet.

Awesome! Yeah cause while I love my little case, I was mad when it scratched my expensive entertainment center hahaha, but still a great case.

chinaguy
09-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Does this mean we can get a discount???

T1 and Q09 owner here, becoming a bit of an ITX fanboy.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279623-Ant-Build-Lian-Li-Pitstop-T1&highlight=

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?274477-My-New-Baby-Mini-Q09FB-Build.&highlight=

Buckeye
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the XtremeSystems Lian Li :)

I have not yet owned or worked on a Lian Li case but I hear many good things about them.

OldChap
09-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I only just got on the Lian Li trail and have to say I love the workmanship of this PC-90B......as much as I like the lateral thinking with this case

Best news of all though is that we can throw Ideas at you guys for consideration in future designs.

Really pleased to see you here

Movieman
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM

PC-D8000 I think I just wetted myself and thats embarrassing when your 60..:rofl:

EniGmA1987
09-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I love Lian Li cases. Thanks for reaching out onto this forum :D

Lian Li Tech
09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Does this mean we can get a discount???

T1 and Q09 owner here, becoming a bit of an ITX fanboy.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279623-Ant-Build-Lian-Li-Pitstop-T1&highlight=

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?274477-My-New-Baby-Mini-Q09FB-Build.&highlight=

Love your T1 (spider) pics. :clap:

I guess it is only fair to ask for discounts. :) We might do some promotions in the near future. Stay tuned.

Lian Li Tech
09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I only just got on the Lian Li trail and have to say I love the workmanship of this PC-90B......as much as I like the lateral thinking with this case

Best news of all though is that we can throw Ideas at you guys for consideration in future designs.

Really pleased to see you here

Glad to be here!

n00b 0f l337
09-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Welcome Lian Li,
Other than listing a collection I'll admit that I have twenty something V2000 cases and extra sets of wheels still in boxes in my workshop.
Because I haven't found a case I like to build vapor phase units in more.

Glad to see you here and I hope this is the start of something good.

Lian Li Tech
09-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Welcome Lian Li,
Other than listing a collection I'll admit that I have twenty something V2000 cases and extra sets of wheels still in boxes in my workshop.

20 something! :shocked: That is impressive.

n00b 0f l337
09-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Haha that and some "Rocketfish" cases too.
It's good to have good inventory.

Michalius
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Awesome to see you guys reaching out. There are so many cases that have been so very close to absolute brilliance but just missed the mark. I hope the feedback you get here helps to really make some new designs the go-to cases for enthusiasts. They already are for me, but there's a number of people out there who just don't understand the level of craftsmanship that goes into Lian Li products.

zalbard
09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Fantastic to see you around, indeed! Lian Li is by far my favourite case brand as well, so it's nice to stay in touch. :)

Lian Li Tech
09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Awesome to see you guys reaching out. There are so many cases that have been so very close to absolute brilliance but just missed the mark. I hope the feedback you get here helps to really make some new designs the go-to cases for enthusiasts. They already are for me, but there's a number of people out there who just don't understand the level of craftsmanship that goes into Lian Li products.

Fantastic to see you around, indeed! Lian Li is by far my favourite case brand as well, so it's nice to stay in touch. :)

Thanks guys. If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

OldChap
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
LLT. The HDD mounting system on the pc90 would be even better in my book if it were behind the motherboard tray :up:

desnudopenguino
10-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Whatever happened to the official lian li forums @ the lian li website?

Lian Li Tech
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Whatever happened to the official lian li forums @ the lian li website?

Well, a couple things happened, but basically there was a great period of time in which the forum was neglected and eventually just done away with.

Just consider this as their official forum now. :)

desnudopenguino
10-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Sounds good to me! I've missed that forum. Let's have some fun!

csimon
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
I would like to request another V-series case, along the lines of a modernized PC-V2000, and pc-V2010 for big radiator options. Something like a larger pc-V1020. Perhaps the pc-V2020???
If this is in the near future you can count me in again as always.

Thanks,
Chris

Eeeaugheeeaugh!
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, I love em (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277590-Project-Poison-Ivy-(Lian-Li-PC-P50))! The aluminum ones that is...I'm not much on the SECC/plastic cases they've been offering lately (Bleah).

Lian Li Tech
11-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Well, I love em (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?277590-Project-Poison-Ivy-(Lian-Li-PC-P50))! The aluminum ones that is...I'm not much on the SECC/plastic cases they've been offering lately (Bleah).

The cases that are made with steel and some plastic are under the Lancool brand. Lian Li cases are almost exclusively made with aluminum.

squick3n
01-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't know if this thread is still monitored, but what I want is a nice mATX case than has more room behind the motherboard tray. I've owned an A04, A05, and PC90. But my dream case would be Lian Li's design sensibilities and attention to detail meshed with what Silverstone did with the TJ08-E

Lian Li Tech
01-18-2013, 12:30 AM
Yes, still monitored. :D

More room for cable management aside, what else did you find in the TJ08-E that you find lacking in Lian Li mATX cases? Or anything else you just look for in a mATX case?

squick3n
01-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Not to be all negative towards your other mATX cases, something I really appreciate is the ease of installing PSU, HDDs, ODDs. With the TJ08-E, something I don't like is the big mesh area in the front that inevitably ends up with a ring of dust, or at least the faint outline. The TJ08-E is very poor in this area. The easily removable front panel and dust filters of the PC90 are a much better look and setup. The inverted layout is okay, but it doesn't matter to me either way.

As far as what else I like with the TJ08-E, the top mounted PSU with an intake isolated from the system is also a great touch. The single large fan for cooling is also a great idea. Less noise than smaller, faster fans. Removable motherboard tray is always welcome. But that would really be it. The main thing is really is all the space behind the motherboard. As much as I love the PC90 and it's wonderful hard drive mounting system, not having a way to route the 24 pin, USB3, front panel cables, and 8pin cable just makes the whole thing a mess

Another thing, and I don't know if this is b/c of the thin aluminum, but there really aren't resonance issues with the TJ08-E that there can be with your smaller cases. Both the A05 and the A04 could be quite annoying with HDDs becoming quite loud. Appreciate you taking time to at least read my thoughts. I look forward to seeing what more your company has to offer!

tiro_uspsss
05-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Welcome Lian Li,

faaaaaar out! :eek: & I thought I had..'issues'..with owning 9 diff LL cases.. but you.. you take the cake with 20 -& all V2000 - really??! :p: :up: :cool: