PDA

View Full Version : Problemer med GTX 680

HrCookie
08-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,

My PC has been behaving a little strangely after I had installed water cooling (cpu & gfx only). First I had no DVI signal when I started the PC. It seemed not to work with HDMI either, but to replace DVI Dual Link cable with a Single Link, and it worked.

Then it said that it could not find BOOT Device, but it started fine if I chose to reboot from my M4 in the BIOS. This i have to do every time I turne on the PC, because it gives me the same message every time.

When i got pass the boot, the pc worked perfectly, temps were good, not over 30 degrees and 50 foul-load, that is fine temperatures. But then yesterday I got the green lines all over the screen and then crashed it. I can easily start it again, but just when the Asus logo commes, before Windows, the green lines appeares all over again.

I just removed the GFX blok and think it looks like there has been good contact everywhere between chips and cooling pads. But as seen in the picture there is a place that looks strange with some green stuff.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg838/scaled.php?server=838&filename=imagekpqz.jpg&res=landing

Is my 680 dead? Or what does your experience you?

HrCookie
08-21-2012, 08:43 AM
No one with some input?

cowie
08-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Is the green stuff corrosion? is your water green?
cleaned it and still same?
is the vrm there loose and or baked?

CrazyNutz
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
What color was the thermal pads from the stock heatsink? If the thermal pads are that color then I would say it was residue. If thats not the case then It does look like you coolant may have leaked on it.

Also did you try the card with the stock heatsink before installing the water block? Rule of thumb: Always stress test the card with stock heatsink before installing waterblocks

HrCookie
08-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I Dont know what the green stuff is, but my water is clear, and the thermal pads are gray.
Nothing is loose, or looks baked.
And yes, I had my card for months before i got the waterblock, and it worked fine.

WeaponX
08-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Although your water is clear, it still may come from a leak in your cooling system. It looks like coolant exposed to air to be honest, I've seen it before in my previous setup, I'm almost 99% sure to say that you have a leak somewhere in your setup.

HrCookie
08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, it sounds likely, and i have disasebled the system now. But what about the card? Is it just to throw into the dumpster or what do you say?