PDA

View Full Version : MCP655 Help!!!!

bodyrocka03
05-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello, i am new to the forums and would ike to ask a few questions. I decided to do a new loop for my rig. The loop consists of (MCP655 in XSPC Dual bay res)-->(GTS 240 Rad)--> (GTX590 Hydrocopper)-->(GTS 360 Rad)-->(CPU:Apogee HD for i7 920)--->(Pump/RES) in that order. All in 1/2"ID 3/4"OD tubing. I guess first off, would this be a wise loop order for my components for both stock speeds ad overclock speeds. Secondly, i am haveing somewhat of a problem with the flow. It seems as if the flow is less than ideal. I have tried multiple loop orders, but no matter what there is alway at least one or two components that has a big void in the liqiud coming from the oulet. There is a small strem of water coming out, not a full tubes worth like is should be. Particularly from the GPU and the 360 RAD but not limited to them. I have somewhat ruled out the components blocks and rads individually as i have made a closed loop with each of them alone and the flow seems fine. Is it because the pump is insufficient for this setup? Should i consider going to a dual loop system? I have already requested and RMA for the pump to rule out the possibllity of a defective pump. Any help would be great! Thanks!

defect9
05-27-2012, 01:11 PM
a picture is going to be the most help in this case.

without a picture, I'd say it's most likely you've either swapped an inlet and outlet on the res/pump combo, or you have a ton of air in both radiators. Other than making sure the pump is drawing from the res, there's almost no loop-order impact on temps unless you're really overloading a loop with heat (which you aren't).

that pump is more than enough for that loop, assuming the pump works properly.

bodyrocka03
05-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Ok, well I have already taken my loop apart. I'll be puttung everything back together once I get my new pump in and post an update. By having air in the radiators you you mean from the pump moving air into the rads? Or is there some other way for that to happen?

bodyrocka03
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
OK, got the problem solved, just had a lot of air in the top rad. Used the same pump so it turns out there was no problem with it. Now for the over clock lol! Thanks for the help!