PDA

View Full Version : 90 Degree on reservoir inlet

FrostyPanda
04-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I know 90 degrees on pump inlets is bad, but what bout on a pump combo reservoir like the XSPC D5 Tank Reservoir (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27997)? Normally I'd be fine with a 90 before a res, but this res has a tube on the inside which directs incoming water to the 655's inlet, making me suspicious of putting a 90 right before it.

lowfat
04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Flow doesn't have a big impact on CPU or GPU temperatures anyways. If it is going to make routing easier I say do it.

Conumdrum
04-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Agreed. Flow science says never restrict flow into a pump. In some instances yes. I wouldn't put a 90 at the entry to a rocket pump that pumps 300000 gallons of liquid oxygen a minute into a rocket motor.

But a WC loop? Most of us have enough flow rate and the pump outlet is restricted by the CPU block so much over the uninpeded flow rates (Martins charts) you won't starve the pump.

Do it. Ohh I do BTW, a 90 into my 35x, see my sig. No worries.

Waterlogged
04-23-2012, 12:09 AM
As long as there is a straight section that is 1½ times the diameter of your tubing between the elbow and the pump inlet, your fine. In your case, your more than fine because of the acrylic tubing in the res.