PDA

View Full Version : VBScript automation for monthly file transfer.

himaro
04-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Hello all
I need to make a script to automate copying data from a file directory in C to a file directory in E and then delete the original files. i'm going to jam this in scheduled tasks on said server to run once a month at some point in the night
i havent touched VB let alone VBScript since 2007 - 2008 when i did it at college for 1 year so my knowledge is limited to say the least.:shrug:
Thanks in advance

s1nykuL
04-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Hello all
I need to make a script to automate copying data from a file directory in C to a file directory in E and then delete the original files. i'm going to jam this in scheduled tasks on said server to run once a month at some point in the night
i havent touched VB let alone VBScript since 2007 - 2008 when i did it at college for 1 year so my knowledge is limited to say the least.:shrug:
Thanks in advance

I don't use VBscript. I have windows scripting host disabled for security purposes. I would use either Robocopy or if you want a nice gui Richcopy.... Dogpile is your friend... I don't do Google.

However this might help if you really want to go the VB route... Took me thirty seconds to find this thread using Dogpile. ;)

http://www.visualbasicscript.com/Copy-Files-Using-VbScript-m43169.aspx

HuffPCair
04-12-2012, 04:50 AM
^rebel