PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

rayzen02
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Hello guys,

I am really interested into entering to the wc world.

Back in 2010 I built a rig based on x58 platform and I intend to build a x79 and z77 rigs later. I've added a soundcard some times ago and I bought a 2nd gtx 480.

I want to watercool that for the moment :

i7 930
gigabyte ud7 x58
haf-x
6gb corsair dominator gt 2000mhz cl8
SLI gtx480
psu 1200w
asus xonar essence st
crucial c300
hdd 2tb
bluray

I did some research, and that's what I am thinking to buy :

black ice sr1 360 + scythe gt ap15
black ice sr1 240 + scythe gt ap15
wb cpu370
wb gpu ek (2)
pump mpc35x + top acetal koolance/ek or top plexi xspc
reservoir ek res x2 150 advanced
tubing primoflex 13/19mm
nozzles 13/19mm
sli connectors : bitspower
fan controler : nzxt or lamptron

Cooling gpu and cpu only.

I really want a silent rig. The sr1 rad have very low fpi (9fpi), so it would work well coupled with scythe GTs.

I've some questions :

Are 600mm of low fpi rad enough to cool 2 OCed gtx 480 and one OCed i7 930 ?
Is this pump enough ?
What are the best top for this pump ?
I really want a silent pump, is the mpc35x a good choice ?
Is a 150mm reservoir enough ? Or do I need 250mm or 400mm for a loop like that ?
To finish : Do I have forgotten something ?

Thank you very much for your help.

defect9
04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
its enough, though extra radiator will allow you to run your fans a little slower under load (during idle they can be almost off and you're still fine).
the pump is fine, and thanks to the pwm can be made really quiet when not under heavy load. the 35x stock top is also just fine as is.
a 150mm res is fine. it's for bleeding primarily and won't affect the final stablized temps.
if you forgot anything it'd be more bling.

some might suggest a different cpu block, but it'd be minor differences anyway.

rayzen02
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you very much.

NickF
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Looks good, though I'd suggest picking up a XSPC Raystorm block, which is really the BEST bang for buck right now. If you want to save a few bucks, picking up some Yate D12SL's might be a viable option.

Makymaco
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
What are the best top for this pump ?
I do not like xspc tops, i had quality problems with one of them in the past. And acetal is more robust than plexi.
I recommend EK

I really want a silent pump, is the mpc35x a good choice ?
You have to isolate the pump vibrations from the case, on foam or rubber for example.

You don't have to take 13/19 tubes. 10/13 (or 10/16) is sufficient (no performance loss) and is easier to work with.

Are 600mm of low fpi rad enough to cool 2 OCed gtx 480 and one OCed i7 930 ?
If i remember correctly 2*480 gtx generate lot of heat. The water temp may suffer at 600 rpm.
You can buy an aquaero to have automatic fan power adjustment in function of water temp (with a water temp sensor).
All of this depends on your overclocking target.

PS : Sorry for my english

rayzen02
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Thank you NickF and Makymaco.

The 13/19 is only for aesthetic reason...;)

I am going to look into the xspc raystorm.

Concerning the temps...I will bought ap15 with fan controler : If I need to, I can put the fans to 1800rpm :).

By the way...Aquaero vs sentry lxe vs lamptron touch vs lamptron fc8. I don't know if the latter will fit in the nzxt phantom with a closed front door... (I have one, I will put the whole system on it, I find it more aesthetic than my haf-x).

Aquaero system seems really good, but can I set it in order to auto regulate 5 fans or more ?
Sentry lxe is a pretty nice concept too : External touch lcd with a card inside the case. Up to 6 fans.
Lamptron touch lcd : Up to 5 fans
Lamptron fc-8 : Up to 8 fans. Will it prevent me from closing the front door panel on the phantom ?

PS : Don't apologize for your english. It seems very good. I am french myself so...;)

Makymaco
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Je suis français moi aussi ;)

I continue in english to be understood by the others.

Aquaero system seems really good, but can I set it in order to auto regulate 5 fans or more ?
I don't have an Aquaero but i think it support more than one fan per chanel. To plug the fans you can use Y like this :
http://www.docmicro.com/pieces/news-BitFenix-Adaptateur-3-Pins-vers-3x3-Pins-60cm-Gainee-ROUGE-NOIR_9950.html
http://www.docmicro.com/pieces/DocMicro-Doubleur-d-alimentation-Molex-3-pins-Gaine-Rouge-Reactif-aux-UV_9797.html