PDA

View Full Version : Attention Prometeia / vapochill owners

BigBadger
09-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Prometeia / Vapochill owner? or maybe just an electronics whizz kid...i need your help.:help:
I'm building a R404A refrigeration system. While I'm confident with building the refrigeration system itself I would also like to make up a control system to operate the PC and refrigeration from 'one-button', unfortunately electronics is not my strong suit.
The system would need to start the PC only when the evaporator temp got down to a certain point. Vapochill and Prometeia have such control systems built in so I was wondering if some nice nice person would help me out and do me a circuit diagram based on their system, or maybe someone could design a system from scratch? If some one could build me a controller even better (I would pay of course)
i've allready tried contacting vapochill and chip-con but they got all excited about 'trade-secrets' (not unreasonable i guess).

Any help you can provide would be gratefully accepted: bigbadger@btinternet.com :thumbsup:

Here's some pics of the system so far:

http://www.steve.bage.btinternet.co.uk/RefCase1.jpg

http://www.steve.bage.btinternet.co.uk/RefCase2.jpg

|PuNiSh3R|
09-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Heh.. I couldn't really help you to much here.. but I did pick up a Sporlan Catch-All filter/dryer today :) Along with my new .028 cap tube.. w00t

PMM
09-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Think the prometeia only keeps the reset in a closed state
and releases when the PC is at temp, need a Prometeia owner
to confirm.

Vapochill use reset plus also you slice the 12v line on the PSU's
motherboard connector(Yellow Wire) and the chill control cuts
12v as well.

As for making a circuit, well thats for someone else with a bit
of skill but some sort of circuit along the lines of connecting to
a thermal probe to a circuit that senses when the thermal probe
has hit a certain resistance on hitting that switch from an off state
to a on state that enables the PC to boot, somesort of flipflop IC switch, then you need the circuit to change its opperating state
so if the temp then raises above that switch on state it does
not then switch itself off until the temp reaches such a temperature that it is required to switch off.

Does not help much but might give you or someone else an idea
to carry further.

dmitriyaz
09-05-2002, 01:23 PM
BigBadger,
i am pretty confident that i can do what you want,
and i have a lot of free time on my hands lately.
besides, i am going to follow in your footsteps and build something like that myself :hehe:
it would take time figuring this stuff out, but the main question is...how much are you willing to pay for the finished product? :comp10:

BigBadger
09-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
BigBadger,
i am pretty confident that i can do what you want,
and i have a lot of free time on my hands lately.
besides, i am going to follow in your footsteps and build something like that myself :hehe:
it would take time figuring this stuff out, but the main question is...how much are you willing to pay for the finished product? :comp10:

Drop me an email with some details of what you have in mind, I'm sure we could work out a price.......Or maybe better still if you're interested in building a system similar to my rig, we could do some kind of information exchange or i could maybe trade you some of my spare bits and pieces like copper cappilary tube and bits and pieces.
Shipping cost may be a problem if we are trading actual hardware as I'm in the UK.

BigBadger
09-06-2002, 10:30 AM
I think I've found the very thing right under my nose at Maplin's. Follow the link:link (http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.php?targetmodule=3267)

dmitriyaz
09-06-2002, 11:11 AM
great find! :toast:
just make sure that the temperature range is acceptable.