PDA

View Full Version : Building a test system.

mlwood37
03-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Were building a test system that we can use the get the best measurement on performance from blocks and rads.

What are the "best" in line temperature sensors you can get to monitor the in and out of water. We would like it as accurate as possible. All so if possible we would like to link it to a program that can monitor this as well via software. possibly a laptop or some thing along them lines.

Any ideas please.

Kayin
03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Dallas one-wires, and the Crystalfontz setup can take them natively. Arduino can as well, but you'd have to make that setup yourself and then program it.

mlwood37
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Would need links mate. there to much info to sift though on google and getting lost with it all.

Kayin
03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?6179-Immersed-Dallas-One-Wire-Water-Temperature-Sensors A how-to to set up one-wires on a Crystalfontz for logging-it explains everything but the software. If I'm not mistaken, there's a way to output that to a spreadsheet style program. Let me go hunt for a bit...

mlwood37
03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?6179-Immersed-Dallas-One-Wire-Water-Temperature-Sensors A how-to to set up one-wires on a Crystalfontz for logging-it explains everything but the software. If I'm not mistaken, there's a way to output that to a spreadsheet style program. Let me go hunt for a bit...

thank you.

mlwood37
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Managed to get a Crystalfontz CFA633 LCD for £15.00 and ordered the rest of the parts in (scab). Just awaiting the arrival for it all. The Dallas DS18B20 one-wire (DOW) temperature sensors are on there way as well and had a read though the white papers to increase there accuracy.

Programmed a little app to work with the Crystalfontz for logging all the temp sensors and time (done every min / hour). It all logs to txt file which can easily be converted across to charts it needs must. Just need to get a decent accurate flow meter and data logger. I may try and connect it all up though the Raspberry Pi if i can get some Linux software for the LCD then it can be fully independent. All i need now are some in-line water heaters or a hot plate and we can go from there.

I dont know yet if ill just strip down a old case for mounting the whole test kit or build one up from scratch.