PDA

View Full Version : Loop order serial / parallel

Edward88
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi there.

Im about to build my new loop and i need some advice.

The hard ill use is: asus maximus 4 gene-z/gen3 with a 2500k and a gtx580

The 2500k will be under a HK 3.0 and the gtx580 will be under a Swiftech MCW82 with the heatsink.

The rads ill be using are magicool slim 2x120 (two of those) with 4 sflex @ 800 rpm and the pumps are two d5 with the ek serial top. Res is a ek multiport. BP compressions, silver coils and thats about it.

Also some aquacomputer sensors (temp and flow) with an aquaro (old one).

Which of this setups will have better noise/performance ratio.

All serial

1) Res -> Pumps -> Rad 1 -> Rad2 -> Cpu -> Gpu -> Res

2) Res -> Pumps -> Cpu -> Gpu -> Rad 1 -> Rad2 -> Res

Parallel (Y = Thisfitting (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bishsiywitri.html))

3) Res -> Pumps Y -> Cpu -> Rad 1 -> Y Res
-------------------------> Gpu -> Rad 2 ->

4) Res -> Pumps Y -> Rad 1 -> Cpu -> Y Res
-------------------------> Rad 2 -> Gpu ->

5) Res -> Pumps Y -> Rad 1 -> Y Cpu -> Gpu -> Res
-------------------------> Rad 2 ->

6) Res -> Pumps -> Cpu -> Gpu Y -> Rad 1 -> Y -> Res
--------------------------------------------> Rad 2 ->

I have thos Y fittings and wanted to use them. All this is going to be inside a Lian Li v351 so less tubbing = better.

Also using parallel loops i could use the pumps with lower setting (both on two instead of 3 for example) = quiet system.

Im going to oc the 2500k but not much. Temps are not ment to be ultra low, my main priority is to have a ultra quiet systems with good temps.

Which loop would be better?

Thanks all

Morgoth
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
The best way is the simplest, straightest way with the least tubing.
Make the loop in the best order of minimising tube length and bends, there is no better way, plus the order almost doesn't matter(as long as res is above pump)

kolombo
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
always serial

Martinm210
03-15-2012, 07:44 PM
IMO, parallel does have merit in the right places, but I wouldn't suggest ever going parallel on the CPU or on rads unless they were higher restriction types. Parallel is good for gpus and other much more complex loops like motherboard/chipset/ram etc. For simple CPU or CPU + one GPU, may as well stick with series. If you grab another video card and GPU block or decide to cool the MB etc, then a different story.