PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech Apogee HD reviews?

aln688
02-11-2012, 12:36 PM
When was the Apogee HD released? I ask because I'm trying to find reviews of it, but so far only found one on OCIA. I'm trying to justify buying the Apogee HD over the XSPC Raystorm, of which there are quite a few reviews. Even on YouTube, the Apogee HD only has a couple of videos. It's amazing, such a high-end block and hardly any reviews of it.

cartago2202
02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
coming next week from me :yepp:

aln688
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
cooming next week from me :yepp:

I look forward to that! Great news. If possible, include some information on it's compatibility with LGA 2011.

stephenswiftech
02-13-2012, 09:02 AM
I look forward to that! Great news. If possible, include some information on it's compatibility with LGA 2011.
All socket 2011 motherboards come with a M4 back plate.
The apogee HD comes with a set of 4 screws/springs to replace the ones that already pre-installed. Just replace the the screws/springs and use the ones labeled "Socket 2011". You now have a socket 2011 water block, it's that easy. Just put some thermal paste on your CPU and tighten all 4 screws. The install is as easy as any other intel socket.

Khaotic
02-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I ordered the Apogee HD a couple of weeks ago from FrozenCPU and it came with the replacement screws/springs/lockwashers.
However, I haven't been able to put it all together yet.
<Fistshake at Intel and the current state of 3930K availability>

aln688
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
All socket 2011 motherboards come with a M4 back plate.
The apogee HD comes with a set of 4 screws/springs to replace the ones that already pre-installed. Just replace the the screws/springs and use the ones labeled "Socket 2011". You now have a socket 2011 water block, it's that easy. Just put some thermal paste on your CPU and tighten all 4 screws. The install is as easy as any other intel socket.

I like the fact the Swiftech kit has LGA 2011 screws of the correct length that don't stick out above the thumbscrew once installed, it looks more professional to me. Thanks for the information Stephen.

I ordered the Apogee HD a couple of weeks ago from FrozenCPU and it came with the replacement screws/springs/lockwashers.
However, I haven't been able to put it all together yet.
<Fistshake at Intel and the current state of 3930K availability>

Let me know how it works out. I'm still looking at waterblocks right now, and radiators. I still can't decide on what size tubing to get either. Yes, the 3930K availability is outrageous, it's almost as if they didn't want to release it, but did anyway. Some of the X79 M/B reviews I read on Newegg don't look to favourable.

Khaotic
02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I went with the Asus Sabertooth X79. I'll put a conservative 24/7 overclock on whichever processor I finally go with. I still think 3930K availability is a conspiracy to sell more 3960Xs. Either way, I'm really considering going the 3960X route because I'm getting a little anxious to hear this thing POST the first time. I'm also in the 'considering a rad' crowd. IN another thread I talked about fan to use with a BI Stealth and the originator of this thread said stay with it, but I"m not sure I want to do that now....
I'll jump off my soap box now so I don't get shot in the face with rock salt for thread jacking :doh:

aln688
02-13-2012, 10:07 AM
I went with the Asus Sabertooth X79. I'll put a conservative 24/7 overclock on whichever processor I finally go with. I still think 3930K availability is a conspiracy to sell more 3960Xs. Either way, I'm really considering going the 3960X route because I'm getting a little anxious to hear this thing POST the first time. I'm also in the 'considering a rad' crowd. IN another thread I talked about fan to use with a BI Stealth and the originator of this thread said stay with it, but I"m not sure I want to do that now....
I'll jump off my soap box now so I don't get shot in the face with rock salt for thread jacking :doh:

I'm going with either the XSPC RX120 or BI SR1 120, haven't decided. Both are low FPI for use with slow-speed fans. My fan will likely be a Sanyo Denki 9S1212F401. For board I am looking at the Asus X79 Deluxe, but almost half the feedback on Newegg complain of random error codes, random rebooting and such. I'm seriously considering running with the 2700K setup, it seems more common and "tested".

cartago2202
02-20-2012, 01:29 PM

coming next week from me :yepp:

is online : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279192-User-Review-ApogeeHD-vs.-RAYSTORM-vs.Kryos-vs.-SupremeHF-in-Cartago%B4s-Review

zeropluszero
02-22-2012, 03:54 PM
review? its a cheap piece of plastic shi.t.
i know i'll be replacing it as soon as i can.

needs a brass top, the stock delrin is far too easy to thread having changed any of the fittings.

coolings fine, when its not leaking.