PDA

View Full Version : Aquaero PA2 Cooling

jcrouse
01-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I have three Aquaero PA2's bolted to the associated face plate and mounted in a 5 1/4 bay directly above my AE5 XT. I wish to passively cool the PA2's. I will have eight GT 1850s on one of the PS2s and am expecting some heat. I am thinking about fabricating a bracket and putting three 40mm fans on it. Most of the 40mm fans seem to be about 3.4 to 5 CFM and the ones at that speed are ~15dB. Will this help the temps of the PA2s (which I don't know at this point, still building) or is it not enough air movement to make a difference? I know some of you are doing this with similar ram coolers and what not.

Thanks,
John

Church
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Imho even with weak fans airflow wise it should be more then sufficient. Passive cooling is THAT much worse even vs weak active cooling.

frank anderson
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes, any air flow over the PA2 will help it a lot, especially if you plan to tone down that voltage, the lower the voltage goes, the hotter they are.. I have seen my PA2 hit low to high 60s with no air (upper 40s w/ fan), I use a Antec Spot Cool, easy peesy.. :)