PDA

View Full Version : Good MP3 player for the laptop

Nohto
01-28-2004, 01:08 PM
I just recently installed a mobile desktop mount in my truck. I figured that since I had my laptop right next to my Kenwood head unit, I might as well take advantage of it and play MP3's off of the laptop. What MP3 player software do you guys recommend? I want something that is simple and has a easy interface since I will driving down the road and don't want to have to use pinpoint mouse movements. I Might as well be able to play DVD also if it is an option. If not I can use Win DVD or Media player. I just started using Media Player Classic. I like it a lot better than anything I have tried. Plays just about every format you can think of and you can play as many movies/videos as you pc can handle. I had 12 playing at the same time before it wouldn't start anymore. Thanks in advance,
Nate

I posted this in the truck section, but thought I might get a few more hits in here. Mods move it if this is a problem.

Nohto
01-29-2004, 03:32 AM

Smizack
01-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Winamp (http://www.winamp.com). There is none better!;)

wimpie007
01-31-2004, 03:53 AM
So true :)
Use the 2.8x or 2.9x versions as they are most stable...
Version 3.xx includes display of movies, but uses a lot of system resources
And I honestly don't know about version 5.xx :)

Kurupt
03-16-2004, 09:47 PM
5.x is the best... I was really scared to give it a try since the last upgrade was a waste of life. But all is good in the land of 5.0

Soulburner
03-16-2004, 09:49 PM
I agree but my MMD3 skin doesn't work properly in it :(.

Smizack
03-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Kurupt
5.x is the best... I was really scared to give it a try since the last upgrade was a waste of life. But all is good in the land of 5.0

Yup, 5 works great. It's never failed me.