PDA

View Full Version : about using mutiple user's........

mr. Charles
01-28-2004, 12:26 AM
.................Is it possible and if so, HOW do i setup a game for multiple users behind a NAT firewall??? :confused: :slobber: :eek:

...much appreciate any help of and advice and also thx in advance.............

IFMU
01-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Is totally lost on what exactly your wanting to do here? Mind a little more of an explination?

Teus
01-28-2004, 06:13 AM
you need to forward the port of the game to the IP of the server

Peckers
01-28-2004, 06:14 AM
you want to setup a game server?
In most cases you'll need to use "portforwarding", consult your manual It will show you how to use this

mr. Charles
01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
....Sorry, if i was not quite clear of previous posting's: Basically my son and i would like to try and be playin an online game >>> in the same room>>> maybe even on the same team if possible; and this is going thru my Linksys router then onto my Cable modem hookup........ my question is this feasible to do or do i need to add or ?? something before we attempt to do such ??? {and, yes, we both have Legal, legit.... gaming CD's, & key's, when using } ............again, thx in advance for help and suggestion's of.............

PyroTeknik
01-28-2004, 10:18 AM
if you both have internet connections you should be able to just get on the servers and play.....

mr. Charles
01-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by PyroTeknik
if you both have internet connections you should be able to just get on the servers and play.....

....i can understand that; but i not too sure that is feasable since we both would be on the same IP address. correct me if i'm wrong for this thought of............. i know that going to "home" or "coordinated" type Lan parties, they don't worry about such, mainly they are setup as "the" one Gaming room, and Not online............... that's why i am a bit concerned about getting ONLINE-gaming with NOT just me hooked up but other's, if i have them plugged into my router and we all get into the same game and all.............

mr. Charles
01-30-2004, 12:55 AM
....................bump, here..........:rolleyes:

sjohnson
01-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Different games use different technologies for their connections.

I'd start with the game's manufacturer and ask, proceeding to the server admin if that didn't pan out.

The fix may be as easy as simply running the games and letting NAT sort it out, to selecting different ports on each PC, to port-forwarding, to impossible. Not a question we can answer unless someone here has the same game and same goal as you.

Tedinde
01-30-2004, 06:40 AM
I just use the DMZ in the linksys router, Put's one machine outside of the Network exposed to the internet. Do you have that option. Easier than port-forwarding.