PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls General

ExodusC
10-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Anyone else have it?

I have been totally swamped with work lately, but I did start it last week, and it seems to be an improvement over Demon's Souls so far. I love the open-world environments, and some of the enemies have been pretty tough.

I'm hoping to play some more this weekend and next, but I'll have to see what happens.

Miwo
10-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Loving it. I had the most trouble with the Bell Gargoyles but haven't gotten too far in the game because i keep deciding to roll new characters.
PvP system is a bit weird. If you dont want to PvP, just dont be in human form. I really dont know what the advantage of being in Human Form is other than being able to summon Coop help if you need help to clear a boss or an area.

ExodusC
10-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I played a bit earlier, I ended up hitting the Undead Burg and Undead Parish first. This game is rough. I guess I thought Demon's Souls wasn't as hard as people had made it out to be (at least most of it), but Dark Souls is just giving me a tough time.

What class did you decide to go?

I started Knight, I've been using a Longsword I found, mainly so I could get the strong attack stab for piercing damage.

Edit: Played more, spent hours dying to the giant boar before I realized I missed a merchant, so I bought a huge stack of firebombs and after dying numerous times trying to get to the vantage point, I eventually rained down fire and killed it... and only got 500 souls.

Miwo
10-16-2011, 04:03 AM
The game is rough. Patience is key ..... once i got fed up and tried to run back without killing much to get my corpse back only to get slaughtered. Once you 'figure out' an area, its not too bad to clear it again.
in Undead Burg/Parish, the Black Knights gave me the hardest time. There is one in undead burg , and another one up the stairs before you encounter the boar.

One trick that i used to kill the giant boar (after many many deaths) was to take the stairs on the right before the boar, then loop around above it. Kill the two crossbow guys on the overpass, then drop down to the ground to face the boar without distractions. I stood right next to the Fire and the boar pretty much killed itself by running into the fire. Out of my four different characters, one time the boar dropped a pretty badass helmet. The tougher monsters dont respawn, so if it doesnt drop you might get it later in the game. btw, more humanity = higher item drop rate, and you can farm humanity off of rats

ExodusC
10-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I just reached the Bell Gargoyles, and got utterly destroyed.

I've started using a halberd that I reinforced some, after finding the blacksmith. Having the reach of the piercing attack, and the arc of the slashing attack really helps for both individual enemies as well as groups.

Since I'm Knight, I think I can learn the Homeward miracle with little/no investment, which I'm going to get to recall to my bonfire after grabbing my souls from the Bell Gargoyles- I had quite a few Humanity on me when I died.

I also explored down in Darkroot Garden and Darkroot Basin, and found a set of leather armor and a hidden bonfire. Still using my heavy knight armor though.

Miwo
10-31-2011, 08:26 AM
omfggg i lost 99k and 7 humanitiy souls in Blightfire..... low fps spike and i fell off an edge twice! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

I dont know if i've outleveled myself for my area, things havnt been as difficult, maybe im just better geared and have a better handle of things now. PvP seems kind of dumb with some stuff needing to be badly balanced. For now, my main build is Endurance/VIT guy running around with Stone Armor and a Raw Zweihander +5. I'm at Sen's fortress right now

ExodusC
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
The patch that is launching soon is supposed to address several issues (Ring of Fog, Tranquil Walk of Peace, weapon stat scaling, etc), which I'm excited for.

I'm at Soul Level 58 I think, and I've stopped leveling, just to wait for the patch to see where my character should go.

I've dumped over 50 hours into this game already! I'm going to head to the Catacombs next. I went Warrior of Sunlight and have been helping other players out, which is fun.