PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Viewsonic VX2025WM (MVA) with Asus VH238H (TN) for Gaming? Better Choices?

Salahuddin
09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm interested in buying a new 1920x1080 widescreen display for gaming around 23-25 inches.

When I bought my Viewsonic (8ms MVA), its response time was as good as the TN panels out there. But now, it seems that TN panels have become more responsive while MVA and IPS panels have lagged behind. As such, I was thinking of buying the Asus VH238H which is a 23" 2ms TN panel with LED backlighting. Apparently, the larger ASUS panels have a problem with ghosting due to their Overdrive technology, but this model seems unaffected and generally has good reviews. The LCD version of this monitor (VH236H) was used at EVO, so I figure it is a safe bet. I know I will be sacrificing colour accuracy and viewing angles, but I was hoping the ASUS would be better for gaming.

Does this seem like a good upgrade? Would you suggest any better choices? I figure if I am buying a TN panel, I did not want to really spend more than $200.