PDA

View Full Version : question about warrenty

amd2400user
01-25-2004, 09:48 PM
ok i bios flashed to the modded d10, and i replaced the thermal paste on the nb with as3: basically my warrenty is done right? well now i need to rma to abit cuz its dead i oc'ed it too much. will they notice the changes? or can i just ship as is.? wat do i need to do in order to still have the board "under-warranty"?

Tedinde
01-25-2004, 10:21 PM
You said you killed the board, do you think abit or where ever you bought it from should pay for it?? Im sure they will notice thermal paste. But that's nothing that would cause a warranty problem.

What is exactly wrong with it do you know, Maybe just a bad bios flash??

If i remember they will fix stuff for not very much though.

I've got a collection of probably 10 boards in my dead Box. all brands i've personally killed. And cpu's lined up on top of my monitor.

sjohnson
01-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Agree with Tedinde.

I have a Fortron PSU, it was less than 24 hours old from Newegg when I broke one of the trim pots.

Plan to RMA it? No way, I broke it. I'll either fix it myself or pay to have it repaired. Newegg doesn't pay for my mistakes.

amd2400user
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
well true but like i know im selfish in a way but i was kinda hoping that they would replace it u know? this was a big upgrade since i m poor... i dun wanna throw away.

i dun think it was a bad bios flash cuz i was able to use the comp. for a while after the flash (like couple weeks).. ok i think i can explain a lil more.... i was adjusting my pot on my psu while the computer was on... but my screw driver slipped and accidently went into like i mean touched some other inner parts of the psu. then bam the screen went off.. the computer shut off and then now when i try i just gives me beeps and sometimes it doesnt give me those beeps but just wont turn on.

wat are ways possibly to make the board "alive" again... maybe hot flashin? suggestions plz?

Tedinde
01-27-2004, 07:38 PM
If it happened like you said. Slipped the screwdriver turned off, It's dead.

As i remember i slipped a screw driver twice on putting on those Monster clamp stock AMD heatsinks back in the day. And tore up 2 motherboards, beyond any RMA. Brand new one's!!!

No hot flashing is going to help you.

Have you tried a different PS with it??

ABIT Marketing
01-28-2004, 01:30 PM
All I can say is that apply for an RMA online and we will let you know if the warranty is still valid or not. Here is a hint, how do we ever know that a dead board is caused by Overclocking too much or wrong flash with a Modded BIOS.. unless it has physical damage on the board.

texuspete00
02-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Well, that was about as polite as it gets :)