PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good program to watch tv from a pc?

berries
01-25-2004, 09:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a tv card, an ati tv-wonder-ve, and its a decent card and all except the software that came with it sucks. I have at 9800 pro as well and the whole ati media center is just terrible IMO. I want to get rid of it, but I dont know of any other program that plays tv feed. What other programs are available?

Tedinde
01-25-2004, 10:15 PM
What TV card. Im using a Leadtek winfast Expert, nice remote. I never liked ATI's.

Get a leadtek tv card , deluxe $50 or Expert $60. You'll never use the ATI again.

Burns straight to DIVX, or straight to a DVD on the fly.

And none of that ATI Dropped frames with software encoding. Mpeg encoder built on the card, Low CPU usage.

eva2000
01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Leadtek Winfast 2000XP Deluxe here :)

Tedinde
01-25-2004, 10:40 PM
The Expert just came out for a few $$ 's more, Sold my deluxe, 10 bit instead of 8bit, but the main thing is the Sound hookups are internal now. to your soundcard on MB AUX in. remote's the same.

Watching it right now. HTPC shuttle on my desk. DVD rig/tv rig to a LCD.

berries
01-25-2004, 11:13 PM
Hmm I think I'll buy leadtek then. Good thing I bought the tv-wonder from best-buy so I can return easy.

texuspete00
01-25-2004, 11:57 PM
So are you going to voltmod and OC that TV wonder? I think mufu has a bios that adds a few channels... :hehe: Now that would belong in xtreme overclocking.

Tedinde
01-26-2004, 12:08 AM
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=47&manufactory=1280&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

the expert version has internal sound connectors and is smaller.

the deluxe you have to run a cable from the card sound out to your sound card sound it. If your running say onboard nforce2 audio and using all 3 plugs for 5.1 sound, your best be is to get the expert for a few $$'s more.

Only TV card i've ever bought with no driver problems. and loves every OS!!

I was using a MSI TV@nywhere, that was a nightmare, then the creative TVsomthing???And ATI before that.

Nice remote with them. FM tuner works fine also.

Tedinde
01-26-2004, 12:15 AM
And Berries quit posting all your topics in XtremeOverclocking, This isnt the forum, i just noticed that. Not picking on you. It just makes it easier on all of us

Choose here first

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php?s=

General hardware seems good.

berries
01-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but most people don't check the other forums all that often, the extreme overclocking is the main forums, and its the one that gets all the views and posts. How about if I post something like that again, you just let it stay for like a day or so and then you can delete the thread when someone answers the question, so it doesn't clatter it up, I think that would be fair. If I post somewhere else I'll get few views/replys/opinions, the extremeOverclocking is where all the visitors are.