PDA

View Full Version : Having some res issues.....

Slayer2k3
09-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Well, it's been quite some time since I was last on here, and, damn, things, they've changed hehehe. Especially this new theme....weird...

Anyway, I had taken a break with my water loop for the most part of a year, got tired of it, drained, cleaned, and packed it all away in my closet...until last weekend when the itch returned...

So, I dig out my box-o-goodies, start laying things out and taking inventory, when I come to this rattling box. What the, what's in here I thought. I open it up, and it's my Ek multires, the tube in 4 er 5 pieces. Now, this stuff has been in a dark, dry, very out of reach corner of my closet, as said for the better part of a year without human interaction, sealed in its own box, and yet its broken. At first I was confused, then frustrated because this little bastard was not cheap.

Is this a common problem with these things? I did some digging, and came upon a thread with some sort of RMA situation going on, and the issue being blamed on PT-Nuke, and additives...but those threads didn't really fit my case. The only thing I have run in this loop are distilled water and maybe 4 drops of Dawn. It's a sealed case, no window, never had any growth issues so I never needed additives.

I know it has been quite some time, and this is probably a waste of effort, but am I SOL on this, or, what ever became of this issue? Was there a solution as to what caused it? I noticed people saying it might be from over tightening, and, I do remember since day one, the tube had little hairline fractures all around the edges of it, I asked about it and was wold it was fine, that it was just because of how the tubing was cut(I think, that was like 3 years ago...)?

matari
09-16-2011, 08:11 PM
What version of the reservoir do you have? X2 had some issues. However, it's possible for any tube res made from enc. acrylic to crack. Shoot them an email, they might replace it.