PDA

View Full Version : Im out...

IFMU
01-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Ok, this cards caused nothing but issues for me since I received it.
Not only with the last thread I created, but now, after a fresh format/install, it did the same thing. Not that big of a deal really. But, I went to pull it, and it ripped a god da**ed capacitor off of the motherboard.
F*** the card.... Sorry guys, I know its not the cards fualt, but god da**it, its getting blaimed for it. That things given me nothing but headaches.... Now I need to buy a new F***ING BOARD.

I am no good at soldering and all that even though I can tell it shouldnt be too hard to put on... f...^%$$**%#$^&

So, if anyone was wanting in on this competition, gimmie a PM and we will work something out.

IFMU

saaya
01-25-2004, 09:07 AM
sorry to hear that ifmu... :(

good luck with your board! should be no problem to repair it, if you dont feel like soldering it on yourself ask somebody from the forum who lives close to you... :)

is it the msi? damn...

Jeff
01-25-2004, 09:14 AM
:( Bummer... I know how you feel about the Xabre200. I honestly hate my card(even though it's probably done nothing wrong).

If you were closer, I'd offer to solder the cap. back on for you but it probably wouldn't make sense to send it to New York just for a 2 minute touch up. ;)

IFMU
01-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks, well I figured fugg it, whats the worst that could happen? Kill the 2 chips that are in it? Not like they could be used anyways... :rolleyes:

I went ahead and took a shot and got it back on! Presently updating the OS and all that crap right now. Due to fresh install and all.......

Well, looks like the board will work at least for a bit, but I still wont deal with that card again, that sucker just didnt want to come out and that is what caused the peice to get ripped off. So, if anyone knows of anyone that wants in on this contest, tell them to send me a PM.