PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes: is this the Elinin effect? is there worse to come?

OldChap
08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
As title I wonder what your views are about the chances of things getting worse than mankind has ever known?

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/68304/elinin_the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly/

Further searching will find more on this. Can you find the scientific among the dross?

STEvil
08-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Not seeing much science there, just dross, but I gave up about the time he started talking about the earth getting pinched (never mind that several huge planets were two to three times closer to earth.. at minimum) between the asteroid/comet and the sun..

Origin_Unknown
08-26-2011, 04:06 AM
it is almost 2012 :p:

Stewie007
08-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I just love bad science.... You can tell that the people that come up with these conspiracy theories are completely uneducated. How does a long period comet that comes no closer than 21,000,000 miles pose a threat or even cause us to notice that it is there without seeing it? OOooohhh, its a big givernment conspiracy! Its top secret! Yet everybody knows about it....... Its out there, nobody can hide it, any one with access to the proper equipment can observe it...

The bloody thing could graze our atmosphere and we'd barely notice it. A 2-3 kilometer ball of ice is not going to even ruffle our feathers.....especially not from 21Milllion.

Judaeus Apella
08-26-2011, 01:59 PM
You know I have heard recently from a few different sources that the plates around North America and Upper South America have been more active lately... makes you think. If something did happen I seriously doubt it would be THAT bad. Cali is overdue for a big one though, to be honest I would get the f*** out of there if I still lived there, and they're saying its going to be bigger than the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. Personally, I think its going to bankrupt Cali. They're already in debt up to their eyeballs and they can't afford the fallout from anything larger than Loma Prieta. It would be billions in damages. Their water supply is dwindling which is what keeps that state alive, I think a bad earthquake would be the blow that sends the state into a downward spiral. They'd have to find a new Hollywood.... and I hope its NO WHERE near where I live. No thanks.

EniGmA1987
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
lol. California isnt that bad. There are plenty of states that are worse to live in than here. California is a huge state, its not like an earthquake, even a 10.0 would destroy the whole state completely. Yes we are overdue, and pretty much the only place along this plate that didnt get a massive quake yet, so it will happen. Yes we are almost out of water, but we have been that way for MANY years. It is because we have so many people moving here and building all these houses and such, without piping in more water and building power plants. Government is just retarded cause they dont think of things like that. We will be in a bad spot for a couple years, but the federal government will just bail us out of anything as thats what they do anywhere in the country there is a major disaster. It would be really great is those movie stars would help fund relief efforts, and Im sure a few will to a small extent to gain plublicity but for the most part I doubt they will help. It will be the government that puts up nearly all the money.

But yes, I think quakes around the world will get worse most likely, not from some comet or anything being a huge amount of miles away lol. But I tend to think that simply because the severity of earthquakes around the world actually have been getting larger and larger as years go by, especially in the past 3 years. Its just a phase the earth is going through right now.

Stewie007
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Some people will feed off of fear and hysteria and they will get people to come to their site, their ads will get views, and they will get money. ;) Whether or not they believe their theories is anybody's guess.

Judaeus Apella
08-26-2011, 09:37 PM
The movie stars help.... but that would me selling some of their quarter million dollar cars they never drive cause they got bored of them after a month, for heaven sakes, we can't have that!!! :eek: How many does Paris have... like twenty? I hate that #$#%.

I didn't even look at the site he linked up top. Probably some nut job.

Origin_Unknown
08-27-2011, 02:41 AM
I stopped watching that video after he said a brown dwarf is about to invade

Sparky
08-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I think a bad earthquake would be the blow that sends the state into a downward spiral.

I thought it already was :p:

Stewie007
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.spaceweather.com/

Top headline for 8/30/2011.... :p:

STEvil
08-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Nobody jumping up and down about YU55.. much.. lol

nn_step
08-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Sounds a bunch like the loon that said we should sterilize all of the people on the planet so that our android creations can take humanity's place.

Stewie007
08-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Nobody jumping up and down about YU55.. much.. lol

I am sure someone will lock on to that one. The thing about YU55 is that it can't possibly hit us. Its orbital plane never intersects ours. :)

badatgames18
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Most people forget there is a supervolcano in yellowstone national park that will obliterate half of the state when it goes boom (which it will... since it is cyclic)

STEvil
08-30-2011, 11:16 PM
I am sure someone will lock on to that one. The thing about YU55 is that it can't possibly hit us. Its orbital plane never intersects ours. :)

Its less than the distance to the moon from earth (307,520km vs 384,401km) on November 8th. It may not "intersect" with the orbit of the earth, but thats a pretty near pass for a 175km wide rock as far as i'm concerned :p

Although apophis was only roughtly 38,000 miles roughly

Judaeus Apella
08-31-2011, 12:23 AM
Most people forget there is a super volcano in Yellowstone national park that will obliterate half of the state when it goes boom (which it will... since it is cyclic)

Yeah, I remember seeing that on Science Channel. I also saw a show on the same channel that had scientists talking about how there's a major fault running through the middle of the US, and when it goes its REALLY gonna go and not only take a lot of people with it but could actually change the map of central US. I don't remember much about it... I saw it over a year ago. :(

Stewie007
08-31-2011, 06:03 AM
Its less than the distance to the moon from earth (307,520km vs 384,401km) on November 8th. It may not "intersect" with the orbit of the earth, but thats a pretty near pass for a 175km wide rock as far as i'm concerned :p

Although apophis was only roughtly 38,000 miles roughly

Yu55 is 400 meters wide, not 175km. I was just pointing out that there is no danger of it hitting us. :)

As far as Apophis is concerned, in 2013 it'll pass within 9 million miles or so and that will enable better estimates of its future trajectory.

CrazyNutz
08-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Here is a discussion with an actual scientist
http://news.discovery.com/space/comet-elenin-wont-kill-us-says-nasa-110817.html

This guy is a lunatic and/or a terrorist. An immediate giveaway is when he tries to mix a faux Scientific explanation with biblical overtones:rofl:
http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi..._and_the_ugly/

Stewie007
08-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Another thing that people forget is that a 3-4km comet is not the same as a 3-4km asteroid. Comets are not densely packed, and mostly consist of ice and dirt rather than iron and rock.

chispy
08-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I blame it to HAARP :p:

STEvil
08-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Yu55 is 400 meters wide, not 175km. I was just pointing out that there is no danger of it hitting us. :)

As far as Apophis is concerned, in 2013 it'll pass within 9 million miles or so and that will enable better estimates of its future trajectory.

This lists it as 175km? http://www.spaceweather.com/