PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Bleeding Koolance RP-452X2 (not the normal problem)

crazy1323
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I have a Koolance RP-452X2 and I have the bleed kit for it. My problem seems to be getting air in the impeller.

Hooked up to the reservoir are two 450S pumps. The left side is connected to the CPU blocks. There are no problems with that side.

The right side however, P1 side, has problems. In line with that side of the pump are an EK 120mm radiator, Bitspower SR-2 block, and two EK Dominator RAM blocks. I have the bleed kit installed and can't seem to get the air out. The is all mounted in a Mountain Mods Ascension case with the reservoir in the top 5.25" bays.

When I tilt the case back about 45 degrees I get the air out of the pump. However, whenever I lay that case back to normal I get air in the pump. I can hear the sound of air in the impeller. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this from happening or what might be causing it?

Cannyone
08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I had something almost like this earlier today. It was with an old Koolance Exos system I was setting up, again, for a friend. I could see a huge old bubble in one section of the block. And it was doing exactly like you describe... When I laid the system down sideways it would look like it went away, but then it would come back as soon as I set the system up it would reappear. Eventually I dismounted the block and turned it. And that's when I saw that I was just moving it wrong (In my case I needed to move the bubble through the block).

So what I suggest is that you try moving the parts in different directions. Sadly since I don't have the same system I can't really visualize how to try and turn it... Still one of the other things that might help is to dismount some of the other blocks its mounted to (this may, or may not, be possible) so you can get enough tubing free to pull the unit out of the bay. If you can do that you might be able to turn it in a way that helps that bubble rise back up into the reservoir portion of the unit.

Jytra
08-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Are you running the pumps with a speed controller, or just at stock voltages? If you do a quick search, you'll see a few people having problems with air bubbles in the 452X2 (myself included). One trick that might work is to take the pumps out of the res, remove the impeller head (since it's magnetic), clean the well out and fill it with a tiny bit of whatever coolant you're using, and then reattach the head.