PDA

View Full Version : questions about the bitcoin application and mining?

god_43
08-14-2011, 09:06 AM
when i receive a transaction it waits for confirmations....ok i get that part. but now i have 20+ received transactions that keep receiving confirmations? i mean dont these things go away? the bitcoin program now takes up 100mb of ram???? my second question is about mining? why does each gpu need its own worker? i mean why cant multiple gpus be on the same worker? i see some workers that do 8gh/s, and there is no card out there that can do that speed alone?

thanks.

CJ145
08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
There are clients like Diablo Miner that creates 1 "worker" and binds all of your GPU's in the system to that one worker. Some pools allow multiple clients to send to the same worker as well. Really there is no benefit to either way, other than it's harder to track GPU performance without multiple workers. Transaction confirms will continue to climb as long as blocks are being solved. You do not need to leave bitcoin open, in fact, it is much less secure than encrypting the wallet.dat and only opening it when you need to.

god_43
08-18-2011, 07:30 AM
ok thanks.

shoota
08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I've got a question. Why does the hash rate seem higher when i view directly in GUIminer than it does when i view in my account on BTC Guild? BTC Guild reports each of my five cards hash rates at about 15-30 m/h slower. Which one is correct?

OldChap
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Some sites mention this on the page somewhere. Site figures are often not accurate. Your mining software figures will be better. There may be some weight in the idea that what the sites calculate takes into consideration time to send the finished share but having seen my cards reported as anything between 350 and 475 when mining full speed I just treat the site figures as a means of seeing (remotely) that my cards are running.

acebmxer
08-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Some sites mention this on the page somewhere. Site figures are often not accurate. Your mining software figures will be better. There may be some weight in the idea that what the sites calculate takes into consideration time to send the finished share but having seen my cards reported as anything between 350 and 475 when mining full speed I just treat the site figures as a means of seeing (remotely) that my cards are running.

+1 also some sites look at what work your workers have done in 10-15 min so this number will be a average and not a actual value.

MadHacker
08-21-2011, 12:50 PM
myself i use cgminer. 1 account for all GPU's as CJ145 said

my question i have about confirmations. what are all these confirmations?
verification that teh computed block is correct? so computed multiple times?