on completing it and i get an error i have tryed to goggle it but i

come up empty, and i know this error has to do with the overclocking

of the card but i need to know what the error mean so i can see what

i can do to fix it anywho here is the screenshot of this retarded error

Thanks Roger

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/Roger6297/Untitled-3.png

halofanman
08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm Getting the same error as well, It happens when I clock the core over 1000Mhz, furmark and crysis bench fine but Heaven crashes.
I'm Using MSI afterburner, after crashing in heaven my clocks go back to stock. I thought it was just the limitations of the card but maybe its a driver/ software issue.

core volt 1.087
core clock 1003
shader clock 2006
memory clock 2255 (4510)

XRogerX
08-14-2011, 12:16 AM
im no where near those clocks you got ,im only @ core 960 and that all im touching untill
i get more info on this error and i dont get on anything else but Heaven and my clocks
dont downclock im using the 275.33, anyone that can help us out wit this error

Thanks Roger

Hondacity
08-14-2011, 12:18 AM
gpu just fails and re-initializes, it could be core or memory.

halofanman
08-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm running the PNY oc2 model, 900core 1800shader stock overclock, I played the witcher 2 maxed out for 2+ hours with 1000Mhz core and did not experience any problems whatsoever.
maybe the unigine is just very stressful, I don't think it plays well with the higher memory clocks either

CrazyNutz
08-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Bring it back down to stock. If the problem goes away then your OC was unstable.

Different apps stress your video card in different ways, it's not just that one is more stressful that the other.
To determine stability you have to have no errors in an array of programs. My magic combo is, OCCT, 3d mark 11, 3d mark vantage, heaven, and Battlefield Bad company 2.
If I can run all these for a period of time, I know I am stable.

XRogerX
08-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Bring it back down to stock. If the problem goes away then your OC was unstable.

Different apps stress your video card in different ways, it's not just that one is more stressful that the other.
To determine stability you have to have no errors in an array of programs. My magic combo is, OCCT, 3d mark 11, 3d mark vantage, heaven, and Battlefield Bad company 2.
If I can run all these for a period of time, I know I am stable.

Hey crazy i used the program that you use and let me tell you that was great advice
i havent gotten no errors from heaven no more and can run all the benchmarks

Im clocked @ 970 and i have been folding over 24hrs and havent lose one WU
should i mess with the Memory ,will i see any diffrence or just leave it alone
anyways this is what i got now

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/e5774/

CrazyNutz
08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Hey crazy i used the program that you use and let me tell you that was great advice
i havent gotten no errors from heaven no more and can run all the benchmarks

Nice. Glad I could help:)

Im clocked @ 970 and i have been folding over 24hrs and havent lose one WU
should i mess with the Memory ,will i see any diffrence or just leave it alone
anyways this is what i got now

OC'ing the mem should show some gains, however not nearly as much as the core/shaders. One caveat with OC'ing the memory is, it can limit and/or destabilize your core/shader OC if you push it to hard. So If you choose to OC the mem (most everyone does) you'll need to run it through stability testing again.

Also if later you find the card acting up, drop the mem OC down 100-200mhz.

XRogerX
08-16-2011, 08:01 AM
wow that messed up i been up all night and tell me what you think about this

when i clock my GPU to 1000 core Heaven crashes so i thught to myself Hey Roger
try it with folding and i have been running it at 1000core for about 9hrs and nothing
has happen and havent loss no WU

so why does it crash on Heaven and not folding, i thought folding puts more
Stress on a card then anything else, guess im wrong about that

mguisoli
08-18-2011, 10:36 AM
wow that messed up i been up all night and tell me what you think about this

when i clock my GPU to 1000 core Heaven crashes so i thught to myself Hey Roger
try it with folding and i have been running it at 1000core for about 9hrs and nothing
has happen and havent loss no WU

seems like the geforce 560 ti does not like very much 1ghz, i got the msi hawk and cant clock it to 1ghz stable whatever vcore i put on it, beside i can clock it 980 with sock volts...

CrazyNutz
08-18-2011, 11:39 AM

A GPU is a very complex beast! It has units/sections that do different things, and these units will respond differently to the OC. One app may seem more stressful than another, however the the more stressful app may only stress certain areas/units in the GPU, while the other app may make more use of the area of the GPU that is less stable.

In short "There is no ONE single stress test" that will allow you to determine stability. You have to use several different stress apps/test to determine stability, If any one fails your OC is not stable!

BTW my nephew has the MSI 560ti hawk, and we cant get it to do 1ghz fully stable either.