PDA

View Full Version : MSI Lightning Xtreme FULLCOVER BLOCK

NapalmV5
07-23-2011, 01:57 PM
anyone out there that offers fullcover block ?

if not whos going to step up to the plate ?

fullcover blocks for dual gpu cards @ around 150$ id gladly pay that for a lightning xtreme fullcover block

does ek/dangerden/swiftech/koolance/others do custom orders ?

lowfat
07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I'd probably be in for one of these. The stock blue fans clash w/ the colour scheme that I want to do. :p:

Toolius
07-23-2011, 04:57 PM
And can we also add the Asus Direct CUII cards to that list of cards that await a WB please ?
We dont get any reference 580 cards here in India anymore :(
cheers and kind regards :)

TJ TRICHEESE
07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Not going to happen, too small niche market

EDIT: but whether a manufacturer would take custom orders I don't know. But one thing is certain, for several custom blocks the price would be a lot higher than $150

Utnorris
07-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Bei Fei already makes one for the DierctCUII card and I am sure he can make one for the other, just PM him.

tiborrr
07-24-2011, 12:01 AM
And can we also add the Asus Direct CUII cards to that list of cards that await a WB please ?
We dont get any reference 580 cards here in India anymore :(
cheers and kind regards :)
DCII FCs are in the making at EK, MSI Lighting Xtreme unfortunatelly not.

NapalmV5
07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Not going to happen, too small niche market

EDIT: but whether a manufacturer would take custom orders I don't know. But one thing is certain, for several custom blocks the price would be a lot higher than $150

come on TJ arent dual gpus a tiny niche market ? and yet most if not all offer fullcover blocks

all highend cards put together and its still a small niche market

oh they could offer fullcover blocks for all these custom cards @ around 150$ they just dont want to put the effort into it

all they go by is popularity/numbers sold

DCII FCs are in the making at EK, MSI Lighting Xtreme unfortunatelly not.

will asus offer 3gb dcII ???

reason i didnt buy the msi lightning xtreme yet is because there is no fullcover block for it

dont you think if you build it they will come ??

ahh forget it who am i trying to convince..

Waterlogged
07-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, popular cards get blocks because it becomes cheaper to make those blocks, it's called "Economies of scale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale)" and is something any first year business student learns about (if they didn't know it already from pre Uni schooling). If ppl were willing to pay roughly 30-50% markup to cover the development and production costs of such a limited run, then someone would likely try to make the effort.

NapalmV5
07-25-2011, 02:21 AM
lol @ Toolius thanks to Waterlogged.. too funny

Yes, popular cards get blocks because it becomes cheaper to make those blocks, it's called "Economies of scale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale)" and is something any first year business student learns about (if they didn't know it already from pre Uni schooling). If ppl were willing to pay roughly 30-50% markup to cover the development and production costs of such a limited run, then someone would likely try to make the effort.

i didnt start this thread to talk about stupid arse economics.. but if you want to talk economics.. as ive mentioned above the small number of dual gpu cards sold the small percentage that is liquid cooled the smaller percentage that goes to ek/dangerden/swiftech/you name it.. you would have to be one real stupid sob to put any time/money/effort to come up with a block.. and yet all these guys offer fullcover blocks.. because theres market and business for it.. economies of scale hard at work huh ?

where do we stop ? forget cooling dual cards should exist then.. no highend cards should exist then.. one gpu one cpu one pc for all humankind.. XS shouldnt exist then.. shall i go on..

just an example.. we can go to cars/etc anything every product out there

guys i saw this coming a mile away please keep your economics 101 to yourselves/start your own threads and knock yourselves out

i guess someone has to talk economics on xs otherwise the universe would be out of balance

Kyprioth
07-25-2011, 02:44 AM
i didnt start this thread to talk about stupid arse economics.. but if you want to talk economics.. as ive mentioned above the small number of dual gpu cards sold the small percentage that is liquid cooled the smaller percentage that goes to ek/dangerden/swiftech/you name it.. you would have to be one real stupid sob to put any time/money/effort to come up with a block.. and yet all these guys offer fullcover blocks.. because theres market and business for it.. economies of scale hard at work huh ?

where do we stop ? forget cooling dual cards should exist then.. no highend cards should exist then.. one gpu one cpu one pc for all humankind.. XS shouldnt exist then.. shall i go on..

guys i saw this coming a mile away please keep your economics 101 to yourselves/start your own threads and knock yourselves out

i guess someone has to talk economics on xs otherwise the universe would be out of balance

I don't think waterlogged was implying in any way shape or form that if something isn't popular it shouldn't have any existing market. Also keep in mind that a small percentage is not always the same thing as a small number. What he said made sense to me, companies will be more likely to develop one product to complement another if the demand for it, or some other incentive such as a customer base willing to pay more, is sufficient to make it worth their time.

Why did you start this thread? Not to listen to anybody trying to explain why they don't think the product you're after will be created, obviously.

As for my own input, I don't think it's impossible that a full cover block will be made. I just don't see it happening any time soon, there a remarkably few people asking for them from what I've seen.

NapalmV5
07-25-2011, 03:01 AM
:shakes:

Bei Fei already makes one for the DierctCUII card and I am sure he can make one for the other, just PM him.

would love to see some of his work

Utnorris
07-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Shoot him a PM and he can send you a link of the Direct CUII block he made for a guy in Europe.

Waterlogged
07-25-2011, 07:37 AM
lol @ Toolius thanks to Waterlogged.. too funny

...but economics is what it boils down to. Why would EK, Koolance, or any other block maker for that matter, make a block for a card where they will sell 1 (MSI Lightning) for every 10 (Ref EVGA 580) or so of something much more popular.

Liquid cooling is a niche itself, GPU LC'ing is a niche within a niche, what your asking for is a niche inside a niche inside a niche. That slice of the pie just isn't profitable enough without some very serious markup that ppl aren't wiling to pay, sorry to say.