PDA

View Full Version : What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Tt Enthusiasts
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future. Thermaltake is here to support the enthusiast community and we would like to address any issues or concerns you have so that your experience with Thermaltake is excellent and our products will improve to better suit your needs. Please feel free to discuss, comment or provide suggestions as we are here for you and we are willing to work directly with you to assist with any issues that may arise. We have opened a Thermaltake support section in the Thermaltake forums so that you have a place to seek assistance or make suggestions on existing Thermaltake products or what you would like to see from Thermaltake.

Thank you
Thermaltake Enthusiasts support :up:

STEvil
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Build better heatsinks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?172660-ThermalTake-Super-Typhoon

... should dig that up and finally get it electro-plated..

stangracin3
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
build some good quality water cooling things so you are no longer the laughing stock of the water cooling community and someone else can take your place.

was that a bit harsh?

mav2000
07-14-2011, 11:03 PM
A nice full tower affordable water cooling case with place for maybe two large rads..

Tt Enthusiasts
07-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Build better heatsinks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?172660-ThermalTake-Super-Typhoon

... should dig that up and finally get it electro-plated..

We are constantly working on innovative new designs to blow away the competition weather it be in style or performance. If you have not done so yet please check out the FRIO OCK.

build some good quality water cooling things so you are no longer the laughing stock of the water cooling community and someone else can take your place.

was that a bit harsh?

Not harsh at all we appreciate any feedback as it lets us know what you want. We are working on some new Liquid cooling systems which were hoping will fit your needs quite nicely.

A nice full tower affordable water cooling case with place for maybe two large rads..

Case design we are working toward usability and aesthetics. I am personally trying to address internal mounting capabilities in future case designs.

Thank you all of you guys for the feedback.

Sorry about the lateness of the replies but I am in Portland hanging out with the gamer crowd at PDXLAN... back to the show.

Buckeye
07-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I really like the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
Will a Swiftech H20-320 fit up in the top of that case ?

BeepBeep2
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Not harsh at all we appreciate any feedback as it lets us know what you want. We are working on some new Liquid cooling systems which were hoping will fit your needs quite nicely.
Things that arent aluminum, pumps that work (or maybe no pumps at all) and blocks that can compete in the high end would nearly be enough to turn things around in itself...

Make kits with Laing pumps, copper rads that perform good enough to work correctly and decent blocks and people would start buying Thermaltake.

STEvil
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
How about a screw-style pump? Literally an auger in a pipe.

FRIO is ok.. but really its just a Megamalams or true or whatever. A tower cooler. Works fine, but not really going for performance.

duron
07-18-2011, 11:15 PM
R&D the best air cooler ever that will go against - or better them - Silver Arrow/ NHD14 BUT won't take half of the mobo's space.
I have a bad experience with water so I'd stick to air for the moment

does TT make PSU's?

badbaker`
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
does TT make PSU's?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the "TOUGHPOWER" series, and "Evo Blue"

Tt Enthusiasts
07-19-2011, 08:07 AM
R&D the best air cooler ever that will go against - or better them - Silver Arrow/ NHD14 BUT won't take half of the mobo's space.
I have a bad experience with water so I'd stick to air for the moment

does TT make PSU's?

does TT make PSU's?

Yes, the "TOUGHPOWER" series, and "Evo Blue"[/QUOTE]

He is correct, we have PSU lines for every level of user from replacement for a prebuilt or basic home/budget gamer builds all the way to extreme enthusiasts with our Toughpower and Toughpower Grand Series.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-19-2011, 08:10 AM
How about a screw-style pump? Literally an auger in a pipe.

FRIO is ok.. but really its just a Megamalams or true or whatever. A tower cooler. Works fine, but not really going for performance.

The auger style pump sounds pretty cool, not sure how it would work in real world usage but I will check that out.

As for the Frio OCK it is one of the top performing air coolers available at this time but as many know I believe we are reaching a tipping point to where air coolers are really reaching their peaks in efficiency and real innovation is the only way to keep from just making coolers bigger and bigger.

Many people compare the Frio OCK to the Megahalems but if you check all tests and reviews out there the Frio OCK Knocks most of the competition out hands down.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Things that arent aluminum, pumps that work (or maybe no pumps at all) and blocks that can compete in the high end would nearly be enough to turn things around in itself...

Make kits with Laing pumps, copper rads that perform good enough to work correctly and decent blocks and people would start buying Thermaltake.

Please feel free to explain your issues with the pump taht we use presently and I will be happy to address it. We are looking into our design of coolers to ensure that inclusion of corrosion inhibiting materials if mixed metals are used otherwise we take every step we can to avoid mixing metals to eliminate the possibility completely.

STEvil
07-19-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.zeusindustrial.com/auger%202.jpg

Like that, in a tube. Use magnetic points to drive it probably. Flighting pitch and length will directly relate to amount of flow or pressure it is capable of producing. Multiple drive motor points would increase reliability if one were to fail.

Also, have you read this thread and associated whitepaper yet? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273086-Sandia-designed-CPU-cooler-lacks-fan-rotates-heatsink-instead

The idea could be applied to water cooling as well.

duron
07-19-2011, 06:24 PM
thanks for the info about those PSU's
but i can't seem to see a lot of those here in Hong Kongs Sham Shui Po computer center
will try to do more searching there

any new HSF in the works?

meanmoe
07-19-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.zeusindustrial.com/auger%202.jpg

Like that, in a tube. Use magnetic points to drive it probably. Flighting pitch and length will directly relate to amount of flow or pressure it is capable of producing. Multiple drive motor points would increase reliability if one were to fail.

Also, have you read this thread and associated whitepaper yet? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273086-Sandia-designed-CPU-cooler-lacks-fan-rotates-heatsink-instead

The idea could be applied to water cooling as well.

Yeah, you don't want to do this. Efficiency will be super low compared to an impeller design. When we start cooling with mud.. or corn.. then maybe consider it. The most efficient pump that I know of is actually built around a perfectly flat plate with high inertia, it's just not very feasible in real applications.

Pcjunkie209
07-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Sorry about the lateness of the replies but I am in Portland hanging out with the gamer crowd at PDXLAN... back to the show.

LOL! I can't imagine who u could be hanging with!!! :)

STEvil
07-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, you don't want to do this. Efficiency will be super low compared to an impeller design. When we start cooling with mud.. or corn.. then maybe consider it. The most efficient pump that I know of is actually built around a perfectly flat plate with high inertia, it's just not very feasible in real applications.

See rest of the text accompanied with the image.

BeepBeep2
07-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Please feel free to explain your issues with the pump taht we use presently and I will be happy to address it. We are looking into our design of coolers to ensure that inclusion of corrosion inhibiting materials if mixed metals are used otherwise we take every step we can to avoid mixing metals to eliminate the possibility completely.
Well, the pump has weird inlet/outlet placements, for example it would not work at all in my look without rotaries. It's 500 lph rating is low, and I doubt it has much pressure behind it to compete with other pumps on the market. It also sells at most etailers for $45, when I could buy a proven reliable and performing Jingway 800 lph pump for the same price.

As far as I know, people are still able to purchase aluminum radiators from you guys as well...someone who doesn't know what they are doing may run a Thermaltake radiator with a copper block and distilled water. ...recipe for disaster.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-20-2011, 08:05 AM
LOL! I can't imagine who u could be hanging with!!! :)

I knew it wouldnt be long until you posted something :)

It was good seeing you man!

Tt Enthusiasts
07-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Well, the pump has weird inlet/outlet placements, for example it would not work at all in my look without rotaries. It's 500 lph rating is low, and I doubt it has much pressure behind it to compete with other pumps on the market. It also sells at most etailers for $45, when I could buy a proven reliable and performing Jingway 800 lph pump for the same price.

As far as I know, people are still able to purchase aluminum radiators from you guys as well...someone who doesn't know what they are doing may run a Thermaltake radiator with a copper block and distilled water. ...recipe for disaster.

I understand what you are saying. Last I checked our design had changed to Copper core tube with Alum fins so that copper is all that the coolant/water is in contact with.

Pcjunkie209
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
I knew it wouldnt be long until you posted something :)

It was good seeing you man!

I'm always checking the forums. Sometimes I just look and read. Lol. It was cool hangin. I'll be incontact soon.

Kayin
07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I'd say better QA on cases-Tt has the dubious distinction of being the only case manufacturer to cause me to need stitches not once but eight times. The most was 18. Other cases have done it too-CM, Apevia, Raidmax-but Tt is the only one I KNOW I'm gonna get cut on.

Had a Tt Shark, nice case. Wish it had come pre-polished. That took forever.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd say better QA on cases-Tt has the dubious distinction of being the only case manufacturer to cause me to need stitches not once but eight times. The most was 18. Other cases have done it too-CM, Apevia, Raidmax-but Tt is the only one I KNOW I'm gonna get cut on.

Had a Tt Shark, nice case. Wish it had come pre-polished. That took forever.

Are you referring to sharp edges?

That unfortunately does happen when you dont have rolled edges on the case which as of recent we have really pushed to have as many rolled or folded edges as possible not only because they are not sharp but because they also make the panel more sturdy.

I wish we had polished that case as well, but the amount of fingerprints that would happen im sure half the community would hunt me down with pitchforks. :)

Kayin
07-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Absolutely referring to sharp edges. ODD bays were the worst offenders.

I've used some of the PSUs in the past and had no issues whatsoever, but I'll echo the statement about the liquid cooling. Even a move to a Jingway pump would be a huge step up in reliability, but the round tube radiators, the strange adapter kits and the dogged insistence of using aluminum and ethylene glycol coolants are all holding you back. Not to mention EG is poisonous to all known forms of life.

I'm eagerly awaiting what you come up with, I reviewed the Tt Shock headset for TBCS and was very happy with it. It goes to show you can come up with great ideas from time to time, it's just making it more consistent. Though being willing to make some of the case designs shows a flair for boldness a few other people ought to look at. It's evident you're trying. I just dunno where you're headed right now.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Absolutely referring to sharp edges. ODD bays were the worst offenders.

I've used some of the PSUs in the past and had no issues whatsoever, but I'll echo the statement about the liquid cooling. Even a move to a Jingway pump would be a huge step up in reliability, but the round tube radiators, the strange adapter kits and the dogged insistence of using aluminum and ethylene glycol coolants are all holding you back. Not to mention EG is poisonous to all known forms of life.

I'm eagerly awaiting what you come up with, I reviewed the Tt Shock headset for TBCS and was very happy with it. It goes to show you can come up with great ideas from time to time, it's just making it more consistent. Though being willing to make some of the case designs shows a flair for boldness a few other people ought to look at. It's evident you're trying. I just dunno where you're headed right now.

EG coolant is no longer used for quite some time now. we now use a propylene glycol coolant. This is found in many things including drink mixes and salad dressings. :)

Now dont get me wrong if your looking for the ultimate performance then your gonna want a fully custom built loop but if your looking for something easy to build and enclosed in a single place thats the area we are trying to fill with the present bigwater coolers.

as said before if you look at our radiators now the cores are copper and only the fins are aluminum which means there is no contact from coolant to mixed metals.

what would be the issue with the P500 pump? I know there are many pumps available out there and i have used many of them in custom loops but I have yet to have an issue with our pump.

Kayin
07-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Went through four in a Kandalf setup, replaced with D5 and it worked admirably until he disassembled the loop.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Went through four in a Kandalf setup, replaced with D5 and it worked admirably until he disassembled the loop.

Hmm,

Well thats odd, what all was in the loop if you still have that info so that I can test this sort of thing in our lab to try and reproduce.

Elmy
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Hey whats up ? Its Elmy from PDXLAN ... The case mod winner ...

So yeah ... Like we talked about ... Make a case to fit a 120 X 4 up top and a 120 X 2 in the bottom or the front. Preferrably the front. Design it so you can use push pull on all the normal sized rads without interfering with the rest of the components. If you include a resevoir that is built in with color changing lights with the touch of a control on the front of the case that would be cool too... Make sure you extensively test it and make sure it doesnt leak....

Waterblocks with interchangeable Delrin colored tops would be cool too. Make them for video cards and CPU as well.

BeepBeep2
07-23-2011, 05:27 PM
At your comment about the Jingway pump -
500 lph (basically EK DCP 2.2 or EOL OCZ HydroPulse 500) is what thermaltake should switch to in my opinion. Jingway make great pumps in my opinion.
I have an (now EOL) OCZ HydroPulse 800 (for the simple fact that it was cheaper than ECP 4.0) and its been running a year and two months strong in my main rig, 24/7 for the last few months and 18 hours a day months before. Water has been replaced once, but the loop hasnt been cleaned since a month in. (I'd hate to see what my HeatKiller LT looks like :eek: )
That HydroPulse 800 was $45...
Surely Tt could sell the 500 lph and reliable Jingway pump and make a profit, no?
To be honest, I have not owned one of the Thermaltake pumps...but its easy to assume how it will perform with its rating compared to well-known, proven and tested pumps, at least pressure wise. The inlet and outlet are not ideal, (for the way the pump sits) as I was stating, either.

All of this aside,
If Thermaltake switched to a 400 lph or 500 lph Jingway pump, I think they would have more sales regardless. They are well known pumps, used by EK and DangerDen and stand up very well to the Laing DDC 3.2 (at least the Jingway 1200 800lph does) at a lower price.

Kayin
07-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Only thing in the loop was the pump w/integrated res, the 3x120 in the door of the Kandalf LCS, and the stock maze style block. Every one of them just gave up the ghost.

zalbard
07-24-2011, 12:59 AM
what would be the issue with the P500 pump? I know there are many pumps available out there and i have used many of them in custom loops but I have yet to have an issue with our pump.
Mine developed rattling noises (within 6 months) that wouldn't go away.
This is a very poor choice of pump. It was clearly the worst component out of the whole Kandalf combo.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback. this is the kind of info we need to improve our products and make them what you guys want. Please keep the feedback coming. elmy, It was cool meeting you and I am still looking at what we can do to meet the design your looking to do but there are some hurdles with such a design as we discussed. :)

Conumdrum
07-24-2011, 03:27 AM
Tt, I'm from another forum mainly, but hang here a lot. Watercooling is the next step and more of a hobby than an end game.
You mention you want easy for users to use, somewhat reliable and cheap. I think you need to follow Corsairs lead here.

But, take that with a grain of salt, many Corsair users realize the weakness and sell the Corsair and spend lots more money to get what they thought a cheap setup would do.

Once the users get past Best Buy knowledge levels (like here in 30 minutes of reading) and learn what options are really out there they bypass Corsair and any other lesser than quality/capable setups very quickly. Some realize that quality air is enough for them even.

Might want to look at the XSPC kits for sale at many WC stores. You beat that and at less cost, you got your foot in the door. Gonna have that to stop selling anything less than that to get any respect from us folks though.

And please, don't say that this rad can cool 1000 watts. At 25 DT temps, which isn't mentioned. That is a big big joke in the WC world. If it's over DT 10C, your doing something wrong.........

http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/ Yep, my words.

And from Tim (Koolance), scroll down. This is what you have to overcome within Koolance itself. Hopefully it's changed.

http://forums.koolance.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1643

zalbard
07-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Kandalf bundle was a good idea, tbh.
It was under 200 EUR for a case with a properly mounted rad (360, could add more since this one was conveniently placed on the door), fans, CPU block, pump, res, all included.
Perhaps you should look into expanding that.
Include a better pump (DDC), a better CPU block, a better rad (similar to Swiftech stuff). Add some space and holes for an additional 240 (or 360) radiator as well.
Get the case powder coated inside. Get rid of all the plastic case parts (unless you absolutely have to use them).
Price accordingly.
Profit! :up:

P.S. You should also think about selling universal GPU blocks.

zanzabar
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
can we get a mechanical keyboard with brown or clear switches instead of black. and if u guys could sell the palm rest seperate for the other people who bought other majestouch rebrands

Tt Enthusiasts
07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
can we get a mechanical keyboard with brown or clear switches instead of black. and if u guys could sell the palm rest seperate for the other people who bought other majestouch rebrands

are you looking for different response? some people like the blues due to the defined click, while alot seem to like the black because of the feedback and the not so "clickyness" of the blues.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Kandalf bundle was a good idea, tbh.
It was under 200 EUR for a case with a properly mounted rad (360, could add more since this one was conveniently placed on the door), fans, CPU block, pump, res, all included.
Perhaps you should look into expanding that.
Include a better pump (DDC), a better CPU block, a better rad (similar to Swiftech stuff). Add some space and holes for an additional 240 (or 360) radiator as well.
Get the case powder coated inside. Get rid of all the plastic case parts (unless you absolutely have to use them).
Price accordingly.
Profit! :up:

P.S. You should also think about selling universal GPU blocks.

Well the Bigwater solutions offered presently are not really in the Xtreme (see what I did there XD ) overclocking cooler category. they are more for those looking to get into water cooling or something a little better than a regular air cooler. for those looking for much higher performance your going to want a 240 mm rad or more to cool a higher heat load. and you never know if there is a demand we may see what we can offer that segment but the design you propose sounds like some custom loops I have built and im sure your pretty well aware that the cost on those parts rise considerably over what we offer.

However I dont want to get too far off base and I love the feedback but when talking liquid cooling we have to make sure the product is right for the market and if I was to come in here and want you to buy our watercooling parts for some Xtreme (I did it again) benching or overclocking I would be bringing something with much higher thermal capacity.

zanzabar
07-25-2011, 12:36 PM
are you looking for different response? some people like the blues due to the defined click, while alot seem to like the black because of the feedback and the not so "clickyness" of the blues.

i dont know of any gamers who like the clicky (blues are used in typist keyboards), and blues are banned from alot of lans (and my house) since they make to much noise. but i would like an option for tactile feedback like the browns or clears, and for the key to reset at the actuation point when it lets off (like blacks, browns, clears and reds) instead of a little above it like the blues.

in the US there is no1 who sells keyboards with browns or clears that is no imported from asia 1st so all those keyboards are vary expensive. TT already charges $40 over SS for a keyboard with blacks and media keys so i dont see why any1 would buy it when the SS is in stock but if u guys had real tactile keys then u would have a defiant advantage.

Well the Bigwater solutions offered presently are not really in the Xtreme (see what I did there XD ) overclocking cooler category. they are more for those looking to get into water cooling or something a little better than a regular air cooler. for those looking for much higher performance your going to want a 240 mm rad or more to cool a higher heat load. and you never know if there is a demand we may see what we can offer that segment but the design you propose sounds like some custom loops I have built and im sure your pretty well aware that the cost on those parts rise considerably over what we offer.

However I dont want to get too far off base and I love the feedback but when talking liquid cooling we have to make sure the product is right for the market and if I was to come in here and want you to buy our watercooling parts for some Xtreme (I did it again) benching or overclocking I would be bringing something with much higher thermal capacity.

what abotu a 1.5x width case with standard spacing for 3 fans next to each other and some space on ether end, that way u could have a door mounted rad of whatever and u guys could make a competative setup for it latter or not but u would have a must have case.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-25-2011, 01:18 PM
i dont know of any gamers who like the clicky (blues are used in typist keyboards), and blues are banned from alot of lans (and my house) since they make to much noise. but i would like an option for tactile feedback like the browns or clears, and for the key to reset at the actuation point when it lets off (like blacks, browns, clears and reds) instead of a little above it like the blues.

in the US there is no1 who sells keyboards with browns or clears that is no imported from asia 1st so all those keyboards are vary expensive. TT already charges $40 over SS for a keyboard with blacks and media keys so i dont see why any1 would buy it when the SS is in stock but if u guys had real tactile keys then u would have a defiant advantage.

what abotu a 1.5x width case with standard spacing for 3 fans next to each other and some space on ether end, that way u could have a door mounted rad of whatever and u guys could make a competative setup for it latter or not but u would have a must have case.

i will check as to what we can do on the alternate model offering for the keyboard. i will check out what we can do on different keyswitch offerings. I agree on blue switches they can be really annoying but you would probably be surprised how many people asked about them after launch of the Meka series. but all in all when we checked demand most all peopel wanted the cherry black keyswitches which is why we went that route to begin with.

not a bad idea on the case, sounds like one I had an idea for awhile back but instead was top mounted to retain ability to remove side panel without a big issue of having hoses attached ;)

I will see what I can do with this idea. Thanks again for the feedback.

RCG_Bex
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Get rid of shoddy acrylic tops that crack under water pressure / fitting barbs / crappy mounting systems
Get rid of those crappy pumps that never survive and always end up failing or clogging up
Get rid of aluminium rads!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/Elemental-Dragon/Thermalsh1te.jpg

Get back to doing good, classy case designs but with decent cable managment and pre-modded for rads to slip in snuggly

Tsunami was gorgeous, shark was suprbly lightweight....

Tt Enthusiasts
07-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Get rid of shoddy acrylic tops that crack under water pressure / fitting barbs / crappy mounting systems
Get rid of those crappy pumps that never survive and always end up failing or clogging up
Get rid of aluminium rads!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/Elemental-Dragon/Thermalsh1te.jpg

Get back to doing good, classy case designs but with decent cable managment and pre-modded for rads to slip in snuggly

Tsunami was gorgeous, shark was suprbly lightweight....

This type pf feedback is awesome. Thank you!

Rads.... now have copper core and only aluminum is the fins... therefore liquid never contacts any metal but copper.
Waterblock: That is a much older design, the top on the new blocks are no longer seeing any leak or cracking issues
Cases, we are working on many case offerings that will allow rad mounting, some even at a nice pricepoint as well. Such as the Thermaltake commander which can fit a Dual fan Rad right in the top no problem.
Pumps: I am investiigating this and will do everything I can to improve pump offering.

STEvil
07-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey, got an idea.

How about generic cases that dont look like a power rangers costume. You can always make "body kits" for them for the flaming fan boys :p

Tt Enthusiasts
07-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey, got an idea.

How about generic cases that dont look like a power rangers costume. You can always make "body kits" for them for the flaming fan boys :p

ok... that scares me a lil tbh

STEvil
07-28-2011, 10:34 PM
but you get the best of both worlds. Practicality and accessories! :p

mav2000
07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
I actually agree with him. Some of us want cases that dont "scream" and are not very in your face. A nice case with very little plastic, maybe aluminium on the outside and steel on the inside? With place for large rads, maybe 2x360....or a 1x360 and a 1x240???

I have looked around the market and the only ones I can find are the Lian li's, but they are very expensive and you need to mod it a lot to get what you actually want from it. The other one I think would fit the bill is the ATCS 840.

LagunaX
07-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I am getting ready to put together another 4.8ghz Sandy Bridge rig with an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.
The heart is cutting edge, but the shell is old school - I'm using an all aluminum Thermaltake Shark!

A newer line of mid and full tower all aluminum cases that actually look good with front USB3, eSATA, case top recessed SATA docking bay, SSD trays, and bottom mounted PSU design.
Additionally, large rear hole for cpu heatsink backplate access and smaller holes for cable management too.
If you are going to put a side window on it then paint or anodize the inside black.
Of course, toolless design.
A good looking black aluminum case like the Corsair Obsidian but with Thermaltake's spin and features.

I used to be a big fan of Thermaltake cases but haven't bought one since the M9 - it actually wasn't that good of a case but I went for the looks - but at least it was lightweight.
But lately the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced has everything I could ask for except for the weight and USB3.

BTW, the FRIO OC does cool decently well but every single review says it is unacceptably loud to achieve the performance.

Thermaltake (as far as the air cooling arena goes) needs to come up with it's own champion heatsink (not a mediocre cloned or licensed from another Asian company) that truly performs and is fairly quiet - using dual 140mm fans like the Thermalright Silver Arrow, Noctua NH-D14, NZXT Havik, etc. It's been a while since I've had a great Thermaltake HSF like the TT Big Typhoon back in the day...

Waterlogged
07-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Wow, so I'm guessing hell has officially frozen solid?

Good to see you guys step up and start taking a visible interest in customer input. :clap: The last TT products I used that I actually liked were my Golden Orb and Hardcano 2...the Hardcano 11 I bought however, made me swear off TT products.

For Liqiuid cooling, most of the "improvements" that can be made have been mentioned, save one. Last time I looked, you guys were using G1/8" threads on your gear, please make it G1/4" and join the rest of the manufacturers universal standard.

For air cooling, most of my builds are small (m-ITX or m-ATX) middle class hardware builds and would love a GFX cooler that was single slot, quiet (possibly fanless) and capable of handling and fitting any middle range card.

Tt Enthusiasts
07-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Wow, so I'm guessing hell has officially frozen solid?

Good to see you guys step up and start taking a visible interest in customer input. :clap: The last TT products I used that I actually liked were my Golden Orb and Hardcano 2...the Hardcano 11 I bought however, made me swear off TT products.

For Liqiuid cooling, most of the "improvements" that can be made have been mentioned, save one. Last time I looked, you guys were using G1/8" threads on your gear, please make it G1/4" and join the rest of the manufacturers universal standard.

For air cooling, most of my builds are small (m-ITX or m-ATX) middle class hardware builds and would love a GFX cooler that was single slot, quiet (possibly fanless) and capable of handling and fitting any middle range card.

We are trying to get involved and see what you guys want. Thats why im here. alot fo your ideas I am seriously looking int, such as G1/4 I know as I build custom loops myself that anything not to that standard likely is rendered unusable as you cannot adapt it to an existing system or build with it.

I will work on improving how I can.

As for air cooling there is only so much you can do for efficiency before you just simply have to place higher airflow through a cooler to get better performance. But we are always looking at any way to get better efficiency and better performance without covering half of the board with the cooler :shocked:

BeepBeep2
07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
This type pf feedback is awesome. Thank you!

Rads.... now have copper core and only aluminum is the fins... therefore liquid never contacts any metal but copper.
Waterblock: That is a much older design, the top on the new blocks are no longer seeing any leak or cracking issues
Cases, we are working on many case offerings that will allow rad mounting, some even at a nice pricepoint as well. Such as the Thermaltake commander which can fit a Dual fan Rad right in the top no problem.
Pumps: I am investiigating this and will do everything I can to improve pump offering.

Haha I can sense the sarcasm at the beginning there.

As for the block issue, just look at Swiftech, Koolance and EK's offerings. Do that. It will offer better performance in your kits and give something for us enthusiasts to buy too. Some of your alu rads are still avail for sale unfortunately, at least I believe so (!) (http://www.directron.com/clw0180.html?gsear=1)...

As for the pumps, again I believe Jingway is your answer, you may make less profit per pump but people know what the pumps look like and I'm sure if you have competitive pricing they will jump on them

Tt Enthusiasts
07-31-2011, 02:47 AM
Haha I can sense the sarcasm at the beginning there.

As for the block issue, just look at Swiftech, Koolance and EK's offerings. Do that. It will offer better performance in your kits and give something for us enthusiasts to buy too. Some of your alu rads are still avail for sale unfortunately, at least I believe so (!) (http://www.directron.com/clw0180.html?gsear=1)...

As for the pumps, again I believe Jingway is your answer, you may make less profit per pump but people know what the pumps look like and I'm sure if you have competitive pricing they will jump on them

Nah no sarcasm at all actually.... We actually do want your feedback otherwise I wouldnt be posting here. But I am part of this community same as you are and I feel that we need your feedback to grow thats why im collecting this info so that I can make it happen.... I mean some of the stuff may not see the light of day but if we never had the info none of it would...

so honestly any feedback is good even if one thing you say gets done then its a success in my book.

I know that all present RAD designs are copper core, however soem shops im sure may still have a couple units of the older style but thats tough to say.

as for the waterblock im very experienced with water cooling and I plan on using all of the knowledge I have in building custom loops to try and make our offerings better.

We dont want to bring a bunch of marketing lingo to you we want the product to speak for itself and in teh near future you will see this I am hoping.

However all I ask is with an all in one kit keep expectations realistic.. if its an all in one with a 120mm Rad chances are its not going to perform even in the same galaxy as a custom loop but its a fair shale better than alot of air coolers. at this point right at this moment we are not competing against the high end water coolers as we just do not have the offering to support that. Will we in the future? well keep your eyes peeled because if we do I will be sure to post some "REAL" performance numbers that I personally tested it and verified :up:

FU1G0R
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
maybe you should change the guy that sells your product in Guatemala, that troll made all the true gamers and overclocking community here hate the brand, arrogant, overpriced and no ethics, the guy doesnt know a clue about anything and also sells machines with dual gpu powered by tr2 430W ? sheeeesh thats NOT GOOD AT ALL, just change the guy and enterprise distributing you here, yeah Im one of the enthusiast here that simply relate the brand with that THIEF

THAT IS WHAT TT CAN DO FOR US, CHOOSE THE RIGHT PEOPLE, WITH ETHICS TO WORK WITH YOU

Tt Enthusiasts
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
maybe you should change the guy that sells your product in Guatemala, that troll made all the true gamers and overclocking community here hate the brand, arrogant, overpriced and no ethics, the guy doesnt know a clue about anything and also sells machines with dual gpu powered by tr2 430W ? sheeeesh thats NOT GOOD AT ALL, just change the guy and enterprise distributing you here, yeah Im one of the enthusiast here that simply relate the brand with that THIEF

THAT IS WHAT TT CAN DO FOR US, CHOOSE THE RIGHT PEOPLE, WITH ETHICS TO WORK WITH YOU

I would like some more information about this. I have sent you a PM so that I can look into this and resolve this issue.

BababooeyHTJ
08-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Class up your cases a bit. I know that a surprising amount of people go for that gamer look but I'm not one of them.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Class up your cases a bit. I know that a surprising amount of people go for that gamer look but I'm not one of them.

we are seriously looking into how we can offer a case line that will more appeal to those who share your same tastes.

Thank you again for the feedback :up:

Tt Enthusiasts
08-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Please keep the suggestions coming guys. This helps us make stuff the way you want it.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Is taht all of the suggestions you guys have? Any quality issues you have seen? issues you are having, anything you would like to see made, or improved or changed?

STEvil
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
build better fans.. Sweep the blades forward so they direct the airflow in a vertical motion rather than out to the sides. This will reduce the "dead spot" at the fan hub and likely create more efficient static pressure or vacuum as well..

Tt Enthusiasts
08-18-2011, 07:55 AM
build better fans.. Sweep the blades forward so they direct the airflow in a vertical motion rather than out to the sides. This will reduce the "dead spot" at the fan hub and likely create more efficient static pressure or vacuum as well..

We are working on improving our complete fan lineup already, this has been a work in progress and I hope to have some improved offerings sooner rather than later.

Waterlogged
08-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Things like this (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13838/ex-wat-178/Thermaltake_Bigwater_A80_All-In-One_Liquid_Cooling_Solution_CLW0214.html) and this (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13839/cst-1128/Thermaltake_Level_10_BigWater_850_GT_LCS_Full_Towe r_Liquid_Cooled_Chassis_VN10031W2N.html#blank) need to go away, in fact, anything with the "Big Water" moniker needs to go away...and when you come out with the new gear that we may actually want to use, drop the "Big Water" moniker, otherwise it'll likely be lumped in with the products of the past that we equate with "DO NOT USE!". ;)

halofanman
08-19-2011, 02:14 AM
make one of these but include a fan and price it around 50 or 60 bucks
remember, PURE copper, no nickel or aluminum :p:
http://www.jclcompany.com/thermalright/cpu_cooling/true_copper_01.jpg
http://www.jclcompany.com/thermalright/cpu_cooling/true_copper_02.jpg

Conumdrum
08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
We don't know much about quality issues with TT watercooling because none of us use it, but we all have seen and read the stories. And helped people get past it with much better watercooling things.

I'm glad your here, but we are a different user base than the 'Best Buy' type of PC user. It's hard for us to relate.

My suggestion is to look at all the WC parts we use here and do it better.

It took Koolance years to quit making junk, now they have a mostly decent lineup. Except their lies on wattage the rads can handle and a few other holdovers. They have top notch CPU and GPU blocks now.

Copy them, get their management staff, engineers, and marketers. Ohh wait, cut the marketing blabber to a minimum, get one straight up marketer with some ethics.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
get one straight up marketer with some ethics.

im here :rofl:

subtec
08-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Change your logo. Seriously. It sucks. Your logo and marketing are super-important in terms of projecting an image to the customer. Change your whole image and focus on quality to make people want to buy your products. Want my opinion? Look at the EK logo/marketing. At least part of the reason they've been as popular as they are is the physical appeal of their products. Off the top of my head, you might look at the the Audi TT logo (http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=audi+tt+logo) for an idea of how to redefine your logo/corporate identity. Not that you should copy it, just as inspiration. Clean, simple, bold, achromatic.

matari
08-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm not interested in using radiators with aluminum fins. All copper/brass
Please. I do not use premix coolants, just distilled + biocide. I want a all copper CPU block that performs well while being easy to mount. I want a reservoir that is functional. I want a case that can hold at least two 120mm rads with 55mm depth.

Conumdrum
08-19-2011, 08:40 PM
And glad your here. Start releasing products for us high end users. Make a case that will fit the bill.

There is room for both sides of the world. The simple Corsair type setups and ones for massive heatload removal. Look at Corsair, with the H50 as the first. In less than two years they have come out with a 120x2 no hassle setup. They changed fast once the reviews came out, stating that the H50 is worse than top air cooling at a cheaper price. Thier discounts are so massive now, because they need to move the old H50's, which anyone with a lick of brains can google and find out how it performs.

Actually, TT is lucky. No reviewer with a lick of common sense and wanting to keep his respectability would review a TT WC setup. Thus few reviews, and most from the wild west days of watercooling.

No much more I can say. Get a CPU block out and a real radiator and ask a top reviewer/tester to test it. Skinneelabs.com is the ultimate trusted tester, so give him a PM and see what he can do for you/us, the future of watercooling. I'd love to have another quality competitor out there.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-22-2011, 08:06 AM
1) And glad your here.
2) Start releasing products for us high end users. Make a case that will fit the bill.

3)No much more I can say. Get a CPU block out and a real radiator and ask a top reviewer/tester to test it. Skinneelabs.com is the ultimate trusted tester, so give him a PM and see what he can do for you/us, the future of watercooling. I'd love to have another quality competitor out there.

1) Glad to be here, we need to focus on what you guys want so we can make stuff you need/want in the future
2) Already working on this :)
3) already working on this as well :D

Conumdrum
08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Okay, we'll decide when it comes out. And tested. We pay NO attention to a marketer/writer that has never owned a PC, only MACs, and was hired to write, not build/design PC's.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Okay, we'll decide when it comes out. And tested. We pay NO attention to a marketer/writer that has never owned a PC, only MACs, and was hired to write, not build/design PC's.

I do build systems/overclock btw :p:

here I am (http://hwbot.org/user/punx223) :D

tiro_uspsss
08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I've always liked TT PSUs.. kudos for the TP875 with lifetime warranty iirc :)
cases... I will consider a low-end TT case for budget builds, but yeah, some of them look a lil 'power ranger kiddy toy'. Some of the bigger / higher end models have nice BFB in regards to fitting EATX mobos & HDDs.. oh & re-price that funky modular case, cant remember what it is called.
never done water-cooling.. but have heard the horror stories, so yeah, quality improvement muchly needed. TTE you have mentioned that the latest rads have CU core, so that no water actually touches Alu.. I would highly recommend getting in contact with re-sellers & pressing them to state this in the item description - I was not aware of the new design so never re-considered ;)

:toast:

Kayin
08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
You should have mentioned who you were, I think we might have taken you a bit more seriously...

I hope that we get some products the equal of the PSU line from Tt. That and the Shock headset, it's the only one my wife will wear.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-23-2011, 07:55 AM
I've always liked TT PSUs.. kudos for the TP875 with lifetime warranty iirc :)
cases... I will consider a low-end TT case for budget builds, but yeah, some of them look a lil 'power ranger kiddy toy'. Some of the bigger / higher end models have nice BFB in regards to fitting EATX mobos & HDDs.. oh & re-price that funky modular case, cant remember what it is called.
never done water-cooling.. but have heard the horror stories, so yeah, quality improvement muchly needed. TTE you have mentioned that the latest rads have CU core, so that no water actually touches Alu.. I would highly recommend getting in contact with re-sellers & pressing them to state this in the item description - I was not aware of the new design so never re-considered ;)

:toast:

since we presently are not aware of what qty resellers may still have in ALU parts we do not want to make such a drastic change yet,

but keep an eye out we are working on making things the way you want the. "better"

Tt Enthusiasts
08-23-2011, 07:57 AM
You should have mentioned who you were, I think we might have taken you a bit more seriously...

I hope that we get some products the equal of the PSU line from Tt. That and the Shock headset, it's the only one my wife will wear.

no worries I try not to mix up personal identifier with business if you know what I mean. :up:

but all in all I am working feverishly to get things on a good course for you guys, and it all comes down to my own ideas along with someo fo yours mixed in to make a product you want :D

matari
08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
If it includes Alu parts it is not better, PERIOD. Most enthusiast do not use an anticorrosive, just plain old distilled water + biocide. That is the number 1 rule of water-cooling.

Tt Enthusiasts
08-24-2011, 12:07 PM
If it includes Alu parts it is not better, PERIOD. Most enthusiast do not use an anticorrosive, just plain old distilled water + biocide. That is the number 1 rule of water-cooling.

no worries on that I am working directly on getting quality of all products more to what you guys are looking for including materials that liquid cooling components are made from.

[XC] Oj101
08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I do build systems/overclock btw :p:

here I am (http://hwbot.org/user/punx223) :D

//looks at your team

Yeah, you may as well be a Mac user :rofl::ROTF:

What I want: Lian Li
What I can afford: Not Lian Li
What I hate due to bad experience with PSUs, CCFLs, fans, cooling...: Thermaltake
What would make me love them long time: Lian Li styling at an affordable price

PLEEEEASE!

Tt Enthusiasts
08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Oj101;4935052']//looks at your team

Yeah, you may as well be a Mac user :rofl::ROTF:

Nothing like a lil rivalry to get this thread moving :p

how is it back there btw?? :rofl:

have fun guys, were collecting the feedback to see what we can implement to get you guys something that you will like.

zalbard
08-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Have a look at what Corsair is doing with their cases.
Not full alu = affordable. But very stylish. No plastic/shiny/glowing/screaming parts. :up:
Using brushed alu front and/or top and side panels is a good idea, though. They look fantastic.

Gomnadz
09-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Hello, glad your on here getting input from everyone.

I actually like your Armor + (http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1226&ID=1409) case very much mainly because it is 90% aluminum, it's big and very lite compare to other steel case's of the same size. The only thing I do not like are 2 little things. Well, the first one I consider a big mistake on who ever design the front filters. In order to clean the bottom 3 or 4 filters, you have take the whole front plastic piece off to be able to clean it real good, unlike where the rest of the filters or like the original Armor case (which I also have) you can just pop them all right off to get them nice and clean in like 5 minutes. I have a 3x120 rad in the front inside so I can not get to it or clean it from the inside. The second one isn't too bad but I personally don't like all the plastic on the bottom of the case but I can live with it.

Tt Enthusiasts
09-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello, glad your on here getting input from everyone.

I actually like your Armor + (http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1226&ID=1409) case very much mainly because it is 90% aluminum, it's big and very lite compare to other steel case's of the same size. The only thing I do not like are 2 little things. Well, the first one I consider a big mistake on who ever design the front filters. In order to clean the bottom 3 or 4 filters, you have take the whole front plastic piece off to be able to clean it real good, unlike where the rest of the filters or like the original Armor case (which I also have) you can just pop them all right off to get them nice and clean in like 5 minutes. I have a 3x120 rad in the front inside so I can not get to it or clean it from the inside. The second one isn't too bad but I personally don't like all the plastic on the bottom of the case but I can live with it.

Thank you for the feedback. Can you possibly get me a picture of the location of the exact filter you have trouble with so I can better discuss this with our design team? Also at the same time can you show the plastic part you have issue with?

saaya
09-06-2011, 04:46 AM
tt enthusiasts... is it you ramses? :D

Tt Enthusiasts
09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
tt enthusiasts... is it you ramses? :D

no buddy, not ramsom :) ramsom doesnt OC really :)

Kayin
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Speaking of, at TheBestCaseScenario prize winners have been waiting on their prizes from Tt for about... six months now. Ramsom was the main contact, but he's been completely MIA. If you'd like I can PM you the info of the admin handling the issue.

Tt Enthusiasts
09-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Speaking of, at TheBestCaseScenario prize winners have been waiting on their prizes from Tt for about... six months now. Ramsom was the main contact, but he's been completely MIA. If you'd like I can PM you the info of the admin handling the issue.

please PM me the details so I can find out whats going on with that for you.

im sorry about that.

BossBorot
09-06-2011, 04:06 PM
wow 6 months is a long time to wait but its good to see that tt is on it.

dinos22
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
hey punx :)

good to see a fellow OCer working for a cooler manufacturer :up:

halofanman
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
you guys working on that pure copper CPU cooler yet?

Tt Enthusiasts
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
hey punx :)

good to see a fellow OCer working for a cooler manufacturer :up:

you know how we do it :D

Tt Enthusiasts
09-06-2011, 04:33 PM
you guys working on that pure copper CPU cooler yet?

maybe not all copper since the price is insane but remember Aluminum dissipates heat very well as long as you have a good copper base and heat pipes to soak that heat up and get it to the fins :)

Mr_Mustang01gt
09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
After reading a lot of the posts I must say I agree with pretty much all of the suggestions. When I first started building my own PCs' Thermaltake was my brand of choice. I have a HTPC in a Mozart case, media box in a Tsunami and my first watercooling effort went into a modded full tower Kandalf. In addition, I have purchased numerous fans, cords and cables. However, after a while the Thermaltake brand lost sight of the products they sold. The quality, form, fit and function got left behind and they became the low budget supplier to the under 14 PC crowd. If you want to get back to a premier supplier to us enthusiast builders, heed what is spoken in the forum. Here is what I would like to see from Tt before I would consider dropping any money;

1. Better case designs with quality materials. Hint: take a cue from Corsair with the Obsidian and Graphite lines. Simple-functional-clean. Leave the Sword-M type designs to the Vol-tron robot toys.....horrible.
2. Keep the custom builder in mind. We like internal radiator mounts, room to work, clean wire management installs.
3. Innovate. Don't duplicate. Innovation to us is not making a case look like a transformer. See point #1. Maybe something like prewired mounts for cold cathode lights. or a "snap in" CCL like a florescent light ballast where you could sell the "custom" lights that mount to your cases only.
4. And yes, change you logo. Its crap, low budget and cheap looking (not to be insulting). A lot of companies change their image or reinvent themselves, its how they continue to grow and attract new customers.
5. Find the balance between cost/price and a good product. It doesn't do anyone any good if you make the worlds best case, but it costs $1,000.

Just my 2 cents from a former customer.

-CK

Tt Enthusiasts
09-14-2011, 11:27 AM
After reading a lot of the posts I must say I agree with pretty much all of the suggestions. When I first started building my own PCs' Thermaltake was my brand of choice. I have a HTPC in a Mozart case, media box in a Tsunami and my first watercooling effort went into a modded full tower Kandalf. In addition, I have purchased numerous fans, cords and cables. However, after a while the Thermaltake brand lost sight of the products they sold. The quality, form, fit and function got left behind and they became the low budget supplier to the under 14 PC crowd. If you want to get back to a premier supplier to us enthusiast builders, heed what is spoken in the forum. Here is what I would like to see from Tt before I would consider dropping any money;

1. Better case designs with quality materials. Hint: take a cue from Corsair with the Obsidian and Graphite lines. Simple-functional-clean. Leave the Sword-M type designs to the Vol-tron robot toys.....horrible.
2. Keep the custom builder in mind. We like internal radiator mounts, room to work, clean wire management installs.
3. Innovate. Don't duplicate. Innovation to us is not making a case look like a transformer. See point #1. Maybe something like prewired mounts for cold cathode lights. or a "snap in" CCL like a florescent light ballast where you could sell the "custom" lights that mount to your cases only.
4. And yes, change you logo. Its crap, low budget and cheap looking (not to be insulting). A lot of companies change their image or reinvent themselves, its how they continue to grow and attract new customers.
5. Find the balance between cost/price and a good product. It doesn't do anyone any good if you make the worlds best case, but it costs $1,000.

Just my 2 cents from a former customer.

-CK

Thank you for this... It definitely looks like alot of the initial feedback has been given, please feel free to provide any other feedback you would like or if you presently have an issue let me know so we can see what we can do to assist.

it does seem like that there are alot of different views but many of them intersect at similar points so this is very good to help us push things in directions that will give you products you will like.

Thanks again guys.

Gomnadz
09-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Thank you for the feedback. Can you possibly get me a picture of the location of the exact filter you have trouble with so I can better discuss this with our design team? Also at the same time can you show the plastic part you have issue with?

here is the picture of the the bottom 4 filters that I was talking about. Still don't understand why they wouldn't make them removable like the rest of them.

Tt Enthusiasts
09-26-2011, 08:31 AM
here is the picture of the the bottom 4 filters that I was talking about. Still don't understand why they wouldn't make them removable like the rest of them.

Thank you for the picture, I will definitely note that for future to ensure the best we can we will keep fan filters as accessible as possible.

Tt Enthusiasts
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Thank you for the picture, I will definitely note that for future to ensure the best we can we will keep fan filters as accessible as possible.

Please remember guys this is not just about chassis, we have multiple lines, take a look at them and if there is something we dont offer or a feature one of our products does not have that you feel would be beneficial to you please let us know..

Here are our basic lineup as of now:

Thermaltake:
Chassis
Power Supply
Cooler
Fans
Storage accessories/Docking stations
hot swap multi drive bay mounts (Max Series)

then we have our gaming peripherals

Tt eSPORTS:
Keyboards
Mice
Headsets
Lan Bag
Mouse Pads

So please feel free to look over our complete line and let us know any of the above what you would like to see different or what you feel would work better for you so we can look into it and see what we can improve.

thanks guys

chaos_being
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Until very recently, my gaming PC was in one of the original Armor cases (I switched to a 700D, although my file server is now in the Armor.) One thing that I would like to see that I don't think I've seen before is a case that has all of the open 5.5 bays in the front like the Armor, along with room in the top to mount a radiator with no modding. Basically, take the open mesh front of the armor, provide mounting brackets with the case to mount a 3x120 or 4x120 in the front (depending on case height,) have another place on top of the case to mount a 3x120 like the 700D/800D does, and bottom mount the PSU. For a time I was actually going to mod my armor to do this (move the psu to the bottom, move the mobo tray up, and put new sheetmetal on the top of the case,) but I never got around to it.

XII
10-08-2011, 03:09 PM
For Europe, keep RMA handling up to the current standard. It`s good.
Only point of improvement for me, pop a mail, when something is shipped.
Was lucky to to come home early, as DHL holds a 5 day pick up, after second delivery.

Counted on a 2 week handling for RMA, and it was done in 1week and a day. From Germany to Holland, it`s not bad.

Tt Enthusiasts
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
For Europe, keep RMA handling up to the current standard. It`s good.
Only point of improvement for me, pop a mail, when something is shipped.
Was lucky to to come home early, as DHL holds a 5 day pick up, after second delivery.

Counted on a 2 week handling for RMA, and it was done in 1week and a day. From Germany to Holland, it`s not bad.

Honestly I dont deal much in the Europe RMA at all, but honestly from what I have seen that is quite good turn around for European RMA in general no matter the company.

I am based in US and am only vaguely familiar with EU but I know things are a little different as to how specifics are handled.

bamtan2
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future.

the website doesnt explain the difference between products. what is the difference between the archon and the archon rev a? what is the difference between the other 140 and archon? what is the difference between the 140 and the 120? each higher end model should sell itself in its description by differentiating it from its peers.

Waterlogged
10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
the website doesnt explain the difference between products. what is the difference between the archon and the archon rev a? what is the difference between the other 140 and archon? what is the difference between the 140 and the 120? each higher end model should sell itself in its description by differentiating it from its peers.

Wrong company. You should be asking Thermalright those questions.

Tt Enthusiasts
10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Wrong company. You should be asking Thermalright those questions.

LOL I was about to say I think im missing something here :p

Tile
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
You need to improve your case designs by a long shot.
1. Improve the interior design on the cases (this is also available for all manufacturers) by properly orienting the hard drive cages and simplifying the layout (stacker or classic layout), make sufficient provisions for watercooling radiators to be installed without any hassles, provide a space behinf the motherboard tray for hiding wires(a snake pit) and leave some room for modding
2. Clean out all the crap from the exterior of the cases (no unnecessary plastics)
The PSU department is ok because the OEMs used for your products are good.
Improve the watercooling product range by making decent blocks and radiators.

noobzed
12-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello, not sure if it's the right forum section but seems to be :D
In fat I'm searching all other the web but can't find this kind of tubing, I mean these one :

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/coolers/thermaltake-coolers-roundup/3p3.jpg&1=1

These are not Norprene, not Tygon R36XX, not Masterkleer, seems to be rubber/silicone tubing but special, think they are not expensive cause Thermaltake kits are very affordable, so if you have any starting idea where to search, I take it.

Tt Enthusiasts
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately that tubing is from a much older product and we do not have it available any longer.

noobzed
12-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Can you give any specs about this tubing even if old ?

Tt Enthusiasts
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Can you give any specs about this tubing even if old ?

Let me see what I can dig up this may take a lil time, but I will try :)

Nam-uk
12-29-2011, 05:30 PM
re-release the ThermalTake SwordM so the uk market can buy it , dam class case :cool: also noobzed i love the Captain Spalding avatar lol

Bobsama
01-07-2012, 10:42 PM
A couple digs (which applies to most manufacturers, at least so far as cases and power supplies go).

1. I'd love the option to turn off the LEDs in fans. In all fans--not just expensive ones. Perhaps a simple switch that opens the circuit.

2. I think there is a lack of decent-quality yet budget mATX cases. Honestly, if I'm putting together a simple machine, I don't want to spend $80 on a decent mATX chassis when a full-size ATX chassis is $50. I can't imagine how a smaller box and less sheet metal could be more expensive. I do understand, however, that logistics is expensive and products that don't sell cost your company warehouse bills. If I'm putting together a low-end system with an mATX board, I really do want a chassis to match. My optimal mATX chassis would have about 4 internal 3.5" bays, 1 external 3.5" bay, and 2 external 5.25" bays. There would be no LED fans though perhaps a lit power button (a diffuser really is a must). Some space behind the motherboard would be excellent, too. Last thing: minimal plastic. If you're using plastic, make it sufficiently thick that it won't easily break. Keep the designs simple--preferably with good horizontal or vertical lines and minimize the visual chaos.

3. I think your TR2-430 could really use an upgrade. It's behind in the times: from memory, it has passive PFC and isn't rated for efficiency. I realize it costs money to get certified, but I think it'd be a worthwhile investment if Thermaltake wants to step up its game against Antec. Add in active PFC and improve design for 80 PLUS (at a minimum) certification and I'd certainly buy one for my next low-end build. Perhaps you could even bundle it with a new mATX chassis.

4. I think all indicator LEDs should really come with diffusers again. That's one feature I miss with a lot of cases--you end up with too-bright LEDs meaning that, at night, a gamer could be quite blinded. Or, if you keep a computer in your bedroom (as many high school and college students do, not to mention young adults with either roommates or studio apartments), you're blinded at night as a blue glow takes over the room. I'm just saying it's a simple thing that I've noticed missing on a lot of cases. Even my sister's Xaser VI, from memory, lacks diffusers.

5. Internal USB 3.0 header connectors are really necessary now, I think. Perhaps Thermaltake could also manufacture and sell some header-to-extension-cord adapters and perhaps right-angle adapters. The entire idea being that all but new entry-level motherboards have USB 3.0 headers onboard and it would be best to use them. The first adapter could be its own kit to steal USB 3.0 ports from your rear I/O while the second adapter could work, in specific cases, to help route cables. Further, they're a tiny item with a high contribution margin that would get a lot more use outside Thermaltake too. I just hate having external USB 3.0 cables when internal headers are really more suited. Oh, and go for all USB 3.0--if you want USB 2.0 too, stick another pair of ports on the system.

6. I think we'd be well-served by new card readers--perhaps without gaudy face-plates. I'd also be interested in a card reader with front USB & audio, for cases where the former is lacking or the latter is broken. Use black plastic on the internals as well--I've been annoyed by white plastic detracting from appearances. Perhaps some way to disable the power LED on many of these things too--I've noted that they're often too bright as well. Perhaps a removable jumper?

Honestly, most of these items would warrant a slight price premium. I'd imagine that LED diffusers and fan LED switches could be implemented for <$1/case and that Thermaltake could get a few bucks extra outta me. If nothing else, it's an extra level of polish that many rivals don't have. Further, I think that mATX cases are a bit ridiculously priced. There's literally less there but they're sold for such a premium that I don't want to buy them.

tiro_uspsss
03-24-2012, 05:05 PM
I find it hard to get spec info etc on EOL products on TT website - could you please make a 'subsection' link on the site which has ALL previous products listed etc? :)

kiwi
04-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Nice, it is always admirable when a company listens to customers, go Thermaltake :up:

Andrea deluxe
04-21-2012, 08:00 AM
a case like lianli but with better interiors and standard 120/140 fans (withount any stupid and useless think like color fans and limited fan controller)
a fan like noctua qualitiy (rotor noise)
a cooler like noctua and thermalright (fan replaceable)
a psu like seasonic (best fan and anostishing quality build)
a liquid cooler better of aseteck (pump nosie is the most stupid think i ever listen)

Tt Enthusiasts
05-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I find it hard to get spec info etc on EOL products on TT website - could you please make a 'subsection' link on the site which has ALL previous products listed etc? :)

Hello,

Sorry for missing this but there is a link for discontinued items.

Go to SUPPORT>LEGACY PRODUCT (found on tabs mid page) :)

itznfb
05-17-2012, 01:17 PM
I would love to see a VH6000 interior inside a simple exterior. No silly side fans or weird shapes to the case. 3x 140 fan compatibility on the top with plenty of top clearance for a full width rad and push pull fans without interfering with the motherboard. 2x 140 rear exhaust. 2x 140 front intake.
USB 3.0 ports with USB 3.0 card reader integrated into the case. Front panel cables routed through the top or backside panel instead of hanging down through the front bays. Not sure why mfg never route cables in a neat fashion. Bottom mount PSU.

I'd love to see Tt invest in some serious cooling. Maybe reach out to some guys here that really know their stuff.

I see the Water 2.0 products were released recently but they look like rebranded Corsair/Antec units. Make a kit that would compete with something I would build myself.

Thrmionicshaman
12-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Hello, I have a warranty question.
I have a TP 700 AP-p/n W0105RU purchased in March 2008 which, after *almost* 5 years of good service, just shut down by itself one morning after bootup and running windows for 10 mins. It now refuses to stay powered up, it'll just blink on for a split second and crap out again and I can hear the psu circuitry make a soft "digital steam escaping" squeaking noise whether I use the power switch or disconnect everything and just do the green wire to ground procedure. BTW in regards to my Sig,my processor is now a Xeon X3380 if it helps to know.

My question is- Is the warranty for 3 years or 5 years for this product, and if it's 5, can I present the serial # as a date proof as the receipt is currently yet to be found?
I appreciate any help/response, thank you.

-Th3Rm|oN|CshaMAn

Thrmionicshaman
12-19-2012, 03:16 PM
*Bump*
Anyone?????

Thrmionicshaman
12-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice, it is always admirable when a company listens to customers, go Thermaltake :up:

This

Tt Enthusiasts
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello, I have a warranty question.
I have a TP 700 AP-p/n W0105RU purchased in March 2008 which, after *almost* 5 years of good service, just shut down by itself one morning after bootup and running windows for 10 mins. It now refuses to stay powered up, it'll just blink on for a split second and crap out again and I can hear the psu circuitry make a soft "digital steam escaping" squeaking noise whether I use the power switch or disconnect everything and just do the green wire to ground procedure. BTW in regards to my Sig,my processor is now a Xeon X3380 if it helps to know.

My question is- Is the warranty for 3 years or 5 years for this product, and if it's 5, can I present the serial # as a date proof as the receipt is currently yet to be found?
I appreciate any help/response, thank you.

-Th3Rm|oN|CshaMAn

Hi There sorry for the lateness of reply,

Unfortunately I do not handle RMA inquiries as that is a different group of people here in the USA office but you can email them your information and they should be able to look into it for you.

Please pm me your contact email address and I will have someone work with you on this.

Tt Enthusiasts
12-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I would love to see a VH6000 interior inside a simple exterior. No silly side fans or weird shapes to the case. 3x 140 fan compatibility on the top with plenty of top clearance for a full width rad and push pull fans without interfering with the motherboard. 2x 140 rear exhaust. 2x 140 front intake.
USB 3.0 ports with USB 3.0 card reader integrated into the case. Front panel cables routed through the top or backside panel instead of hanging down through the front bays. Not sure why mfg never route cables in a neat fashion. Bottom mount PSU.

I'd love to see Tt invest in some serious cooling. Maybe reach out to some guys here that really know their stuff.

I see the Water 2.0 products were released recently but they look like rebranded Corsair/Antec units. Make a kit that would compete with something I would build myself.

I like your ideas, It sounds like many I have pitched to our own design team..

but in the chassis side there is alot that goes into designing manufacturing and distribution of a case.

also the amount of users who will utilize the exact design you posted. the room alone for the push/pull with that large of a rad means the case will be quite huge. and many people dont want super tower sized chassis....

and thats just a small part of the dynamicsthat go into making a chassis.... but I hope you will like the direction some of our new chassis are heading very soon :)

itznfb
12-20-2012, 04:57 PM
also the amount of users who will utilize the exact design you posted. the room alone for the push/pull with that large of a rad means the case will be quite huge. and many people dont want super tower sized chassis....

and thats just a small part of the dynamicsthat go into making a chassis.... but I hope you will like the direction some of our new chassis are heading very soon :)

That's what everyone thought prior to the Switch 810. Look at how popular that case is.

I often check out the Tt site. Even if there isn't anything I want you guys always come out with some interesting stuff.

edit: wtf... are there br tags in my post?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ket
12-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd love a PCB-wide heatsink to cover VRMs & memory for a Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X. Without great inconvenience and a substantial investment of time theres nothing I can custom make to properly cool the over enthusiastic VRMs of the Vapor-X. The VRMs in question which get all too excited GPU-Z refers to as "VRM Temperature 1". Modifying a old VRM heatsink I had kicking about I managed to cool said hothead VRMs down from 110c+ down to a max of 99c (this is with +15% board power, 1175 GPU / 1605 Mem running Unigine Heaven 3.0 everything set to max) but of course this is still entirely too bloody hot. So a board-wide heatsink for the VRMs / memory would be greatly loved by many Sapphire Vapor-X owners :D

The offending PCB:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/Vapor-X7950front_zps0bd0eec2.jpg

Thrmionicshaman
03-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi There sorry for the lateness of reply,

Unfortunately I do not handle RMA inquiries as that is a different group of people here in the USA office but you can email them your information and they should be able to look into it for you.

Please pm me your contact email address and I will have someone work with you on this.

Heads up twimc
I PM'd a while ago, I've yet to receive an e-mail or any reply.

Tt Enthusiasts
04-07-2013, 02:23 AM
I'd love a PCB-wide heatsink to cover VRMs & memory for a Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X. Without great inconvenience and a substantial investment of time theres nothing I can custom make to properly cool the over enthusiastic VRMs of the Vapor-X. The VRMs in question which get all too excited GPU-Z refers to as "VRM Temperature 1". Modifying a old VRM heatsink I had kicking about I managed to cool said hothead VRMs down from 110c+ down to a max of 99c (this is with +15% board power, 1175 GPU / 1605 Mem running Unigine Heaven 3.0 everything set to max) but of course this is still entirely too bloody hot. So a board-wide heatsink for the VRMs / memory would be greatly loved by many Sapphire Vapor-X owners :D

The offending PCB:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/Vapor-X7950front_zps0bd0eec2.jpg

I like the idea as I have a couple of those same cards and they run hot as all.... well you get the idea....

a main cooling plate which spreads the heat away would definitely help but i think it would still need more than that as the VRM components simply dump way too much heat in such a small space that even with optimal contact and a material with excellent conductivity there is only so much you can pull away.

tiro_uspsss
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
I really like the look of the two new cases! :) :up:

(Urban S31/S71)

mav2000
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
I love the look of the new series, but why did you forget the watercoolers.....:(

I really thought we have a good replacement for the larger towers...

STEvil
04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
How about a generic decent VGA air cooler with the option to connect a water setup to it to increase cooling capabilities if the user wants to? I'd buy one for my Asus 7970... asus's heatsink sucks horribly.

Demo
05-10-2013, 06:47 PM
How about a generic decent VGA air cooler with the option to connect a water setup to it to increase cooling capabilities if the user wants to? I'd buy one for my Asus 7970... asus's heatsink sucks horribly.

Something like the artic cooling accelero hybrid perhaps?