PDA

View Full Version : Does Koolance CPU 370 block (nickel) has a corrosion problem?

PatRaceTin
07-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I need new block (avoid nickel corrosion problem)

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-370_p4.jpg

Waterlogged
07-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Nope, only EK is having problems ATM...and it's not corrosion, it's either poor cleaning of the copper or poor plating processes.

Rapid7
07-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Here's my 4 month old 370 that has been running thermochill EC6.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pauld.dalton/370-1.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pauld.dalton/370.2.JPG

NaeKuh
07-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Here's my 4 month old 370 that has been running thermochill EC6.

Send those pics to koolance.

I think you had a bad injector which was moving while water was going into it, and hence started chipping your plating .

Best to ask koolance direct.

TJ TRICHEESE
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Got a cpu-350 and 360 still going strong in two different rigs.... running feser one :eek:

Rapid7
07-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Send those pics to koolance.

I think you had a bad injector which was moving while water was going into it, and hence started chipping your plating .

Best to ask koolance direct.

My supplier has allready emailed Koolance and to be honest they don't seem bothered at all "as it will not affect performance" was there responce,so it seems Koolance is another to add to my avoid list.

PiLsY
07-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Thats bloody poor, especially given the cost of the block over here in comparison to the competition.

OC Maximus
07-15-2011, 09:36 AM
My supplier has allready emailed Koolance and to be honest they don't seem bothered at all "as it will not affect performance" was there responce,so it seems Koolance is another to add to my avoid list.
That response is unacceptable. I'd call them.

TJ TRICHEESE
07-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Just PM Tim, he should be able to sort out something for you

NaeKuh
07-15-2011, 10:16 AM

is your supplier koolance?

Email koolance direct.

Koolance
07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
We've used nickel for years and I've seen very few instances of corrosion. A lot of users here seem to use di-water/pt-nuke or something similar and don't have problems, so I suspect changing coolants would be one recommendation. We would need to see the block to tell if it's a corrosion issue or some other type of chemical reaction.

Tim

PiLsY
07-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Looks to me like the injector plate rattling about and chipping away at the nickel at the edges Tim. If it was corrosion youd see it under the injector slot first, not at the edges of the plate. The marks on the bottom of the injector would seem to support that it has been rubbing against the base of the block.

Like you said though, hard to tell from a photo. Definitely needs to be RMA'd though, "not affecting performance" is an unacceptable response imo.