PDA

View Full Version : Pools are better???

OldChap
07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
You know how mining in a pool is supposed to be better than going it alone because the odds are you will find the block quicker?

Well, I've taken pity on these guys (at a personal cost) and thrown in with them to help finish a round that has been going for nearly 15 days

I just hope I get the 5 BTC bounty for finding this one :)

https://pool.bitp.it

don_xvi
07-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Well it looks like someone hit it about 4 hours ago. I hope it was you!
Small pools could be frustrating, too. Feast or famine!

Tom128
07-14-2011, 06:22 AM
I've been using bitcoins.lc since the DDoS at BTCGuild which is a significantly smaller pool. It was a bit worrisome going 12+ hours on a regular basis for a block (a few almost 24h), but my rewards are also nearly 10x as large. There are still frequently 20 minute or less blocks in the mix so it does seem that the notion of all pools being equal over the long term is true, I am seeing the same general income, just more sporadic within any random window of time.

KaptainBlaZzed
07-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I've been using bitcoins.lc since the DDoS at BTCGuild which is a significantly smaller pool. It was a bit worrisome going 12+ hours on a regular basis for a block (a few almost 24h), but my rewards are also nearly 10x as large. There are still frequently 20 minute or less blocks in the mix so it does seem that the notion of all pools being equal over the long term is true, I am seeing the same general income, just more sporadic within any random window of time.

Same here, i initially went to deepbit after the DDoS on BTCGuild, but then Deepbit went down.
I am currently at slushs pool.

all pools paid the same in the long run.

V2-V3
07-31-2011, 01:32 AM
The smaller the pool the bigger the variation in time finding a block, If you go Solo your chance of finding a block in a few months is slim unless your have 10+ GigaHash/s of computing power.

I strongly recommend mining on a secure and stable pool like BitClockers (http://bitclockers.com) mining pool. whatch for high fees like deepbit even tho it has more total hashing power than any other pool the fees for mining there are very high.

ggdh
07-31-2011, 04:32 AM
I am having connection problems with this pool. Is it related to a drop in pool's total hash rate? Are you having temporary problems right now? If not, sorry mate: bitcoins.lc is much more reliable. I was averaging 1450Mh/s vs 1150Mh/s at bitclockers.

V2-V3
07-31-2011, 11:20 AM
The drop in hash rate is a false reading on the website, new code was implemented to prevent pool hoppers from taking advantage of other non hopping users on the pool.

Can you be more specific about connection problems? Where were you reading your hash rate? Where are you located? Pool.Bitclockers is a USA pool depending on your location you may need to try another pool (2-4)

Have you tried any of the alternate pools?

Pool.Bitclockers.com
Pool2.Bitclockers.com
Pool3.Bitclockers.com
Pool4.Bitclockers.com

ggdh
07-31-2011, 11:06 PM
I was reading my hash rate from guiminer and never bothered looking at websites. I'm in EU and I've no idea where bitcoins.lc is from.

V2-V3
07-31-2011, 11:40 PM
@ ggdh, Pool 3 is a European pool give that one a try. as far as GUI Miner reporting a lower hash rate that should not be caused by the pool but by hardware/software on your mining rig. The client hashing rate is independent of the mining pool your are submitting work too.

ggdh
08-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I was looking at guiminer while mining: 2 cards at the time out of 4 had connection problems and it was directly reflected in kill-a-watt reading. After changing to bitcoins.lc (no reset, just changing server settings without restarting guiminer) it worked at 100% load all the time.

But I may want to give it a try again, though...

acebmxer
08-04-2011, 09:05 PM
The drop in hash rate is a false reading on the website, new code was implemented to prevent pool hoppers from taking advantage of other non hopping users on the pool.

Can you be more specific about connection problems? Where were you reading your hash rate? Where are you located? Pool.Bitclockers is a USA pool depending on your location you may need to try another pool (2-4)

Have you tried any of the alternate pools?

Pool.Bitclockers.com
Pool2.Bitclockers.com
Pool3.Bitclockers.com
Pool4.Bitclockers.com

Can you tell me where each pool is located?

god_43
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
You know how mining in a pool is supposed to be better than going it alone because the odds are you will find the block quicker?

Well, I've taken pity on these guys (at a personal cost) and thrown in with them to help finish a round that has been going for nearly 15 days

I just hope I get the 5 BTC bounty for finding this one :)

https://pool.bitp.it

lol they are going on 3.5 days now. i really have not noticed a difference between btc guild (other than the long payout).