PDA

View Full Version : EK Copper blocks = safe?

Odai
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello,

I recently RMA'ed my EK nickel blocks to the reseller I use, and am in the process of obtaining replacements.

One of the replacements I just received was the Copper/Acetal version of the FC560 block, direct from EK. I went for the copper as I did not want to end up in the same situation with the poor nickel plating issues, nor did I want to wait until EK get their revised products in the retail channel.

However, I recall a thread here on XS discussing some user's report of poor quality copper being used in EK's blocks (something about the metal not burning with the flame colour you would expect with copper). Would this be something anyone with an EK product should be concerned about, or is it only something that led to problems with EK's nickel plating process and would not pose any significant issues with EK's copper blocks?

I'd appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks,

Odai.

Kayin
07-07-2011, 08:52 AM
'Twas my test, and contaminated copper could have done the same.

However, I have a copper 470 block I'm planning to use in my upcoming build and I honestly have no worries about it. I think it will be fine.

My nickel block was completely trashed, so I had nothing to lose by hacking it up. I didn't interpret every test right, but if you're worrying about it, I wouldn't. The plating is much more of an issue.

m_jones_
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
The copper blocks are fine as tested by another interdependent site.