PDA

View Full Version : Masterkleer vs Tygon 2375 3/4 ID 1/2 OD Tubing. Which is better?

Coolbreeze
07-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Hello all.

I'm in a quandary about what tubing i should get to replace the Tygon R3603 that I've been using for the the better part of a year now. The Tygon R3603 has clouded all up now and I've been reading on this fourm about Plasticizer leaching from Tygon R3603 so now is the time for changing the tubing in my rig. I 've attached some pictures of my rig to so you how the Tygon R3603 looked when I first installed it and how it looks about 10 months later. Its all cloudy so I'm going to have to replace it. Should I get some Masterkleer P/N 5233K68 3/4 OD 1/2 I/D Clear or should I use Tygon 2375. Yes the Tygon 2375 is more expensive, about $4.50 a foot but if it will not leach plasticizers and cause my tubes to look like the last two pictures. If I get the Tygon 2375 is it clear or off clear? Please give your advice on this issue. I'm willing to spend the extra money for Tygon 2375 if it doesn't give any more problems with cloudy tubing. I know that it is harder and has a higher durameter rating but I don't think that it will give any problems as far as getting the bends that I got with the Tygon R3603. Let me know what you think.
Your prompt replies will be appreciated.

Kyprioth
07-07-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm sorry, I can't advise you on your problem because I am new to watercooling and don't have any knowledge that would help with your problem, so I hope you will forgive me for this little troll post, but..

3/4 ID 1/2 OD Tubing

Is your tubing inside out? :rofl:

DumpALump
07-07-2011, 04:13 AM
I have used masterkleer before and had it running for about a year. It had very little clouding and a very small amount of plasticizer leech when inspecting the barbs. I did a bit of research and it seems like there is an overwhelming recommendation for Primochill LRT.

Currently I'm using Tygon R3400 since I wanted to switch to black to help make sure algae can't grow, but now my res is clouding a bit. I guess I should have done a little more research before getting the Tygon. It really seems like Tygon is the worst in terms of plasticizer leech unless you pick a plasticizer free tubing. This is making me want to go tear down my loop and throw in my extra Masterkleer.

Wolf132
07-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Either use Primochill, Feser, or Masterkleer imo. Ive had Feser UV orange tubing for 2 years and it is still clear as the day i got it minus the dust buildup on the exterior.

ElSel10
07-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Tygon 2375 and all their plasticizer free tubing is very stiff and hard to work with. It's an off clear, unlike R3603.

ying
07-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Personally I prefer the masterkleer tubing than the primochill or the tygon.

lowfat
07-07-2011, 09:02 AM
I have yet to see any good clear tubing besides Tygon B-44-3. Everything else will cloud over time. You can clean the tubing out and it shouldn't haze anymore. However it will have a very slight yellow sheen to it. There may be other clear tubings out there that do not cloud, but they aren't very clear to begin with.

Coolbreeze
07-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I have used masterkleer before and had it running for about a year. It had very little clouding and a very small amount of plasticizer leech when inspecting the barbs. I did a bit of research and it seems like there is an overwhelming recommendation for Primochill LRT.

Currently I'm using Tygon R3400 since I wanted to switch to black to help make sure algae can't grow, but now my res is clouding a bit. I guess I should have done a little more research before getting the Tygon. It really seems like Tygon is the worst in terms of plasticizer leech unless you pick a plasticizer free tubing. This is making me want to go tear down my loop and throw in my extra Masterkleer.

Thanks all your input. Well after careful consideration I've decided to go with Masterclear 3/4 OD 1/2 ID Clear http://www.mcmaster.com/#masterkleer-tubing/=d2pk57 Can't beat the price, only 0.90 cents per foot. The total order came to about $16 for 10 feet of tube which is well within my comfort zone and I've heard nothing but good things about it from MusicFan at this site http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=355473 He says that it won't cloud up over time as much as the Tygon R3603 that I have in my rig right now. I'll keep you informed on how everything works out.