PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions occured - tubing and fan related

fr0wn3r
06-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi all!

I'm getting ready to make my case this summer and was just about to order some stuff from PPCS so 2 small dilemmas occured since I'm trying to save some cash...

Should I take Tygon R3400 or PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT tubing, will be taking 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD?
Pros and cons please from those that used this stuff. How long they last? How flexible they are etc.

Second one, well I need 2 140 mm fans for ventilating the future case, so which one would you recommend for those purposes?
Also concered about their longevity, noise and airflow etc. They will be placed as intake fans cooling the HDD and pump that will be behind them and getting some fresh air for the radiator which will be closed inside the first floor of the case...

Thanks in advance for your thougths.

Cheers! :)

Ed.

Oh yeah! Forgot to tell you that I'm looking at some Xigmatek fans atm and some Yate's. Really interested in those two fan groups. So would like to hear someone that used those ofc.

SpuTnicK
06-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Should I take Tygon R3400 or PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT tubing, will be taking 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD?
Pros and cons please from those that used this stuff. How long they last? How flexible they are etc.

I would go with PrimoFlex as they have better bending radius in tight spaces imho, have great variety of colors to choose from, and cheaper too. On the other hand, there is not reason to got with 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD. You won't feel much temperature difference compared to 5/8ID, 7/16OD, but the last is much easier to route inside PC case

Second one, well I need 2 140 mm fans for ventilating the future case, so which one would you recommend for those purposes?

Better read this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?263193-140mm-Fan-Testing-on-a-HWlabs-SR1-Radiator-Round-7) first
Other than that, Yates are good for its price/performance ratio. But you can also use 120mm fans with corresponding adapters that will work as shrouds as well.

slaveondope
06-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Highly recommend the AeroSharks if you enjoy only the noise of pushed air.

antiacid
06-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Performance-wise, it is better to go with a GT-AP15 and a 120->140mm adapter than to go with a cheap 140mm fan.

As for tubing, my personal preference is primochill LRT 1/2 ID.

zeropluszero
06-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Primochill LRT in 3/8" 5/8" - easier bends, best tubing.

case fans? Thermalright X-Silent
rad fans? 120mm - Scythe Gentle Typhoons, 140mm - Noiseblocker, Gelid UV, Thermalright X-Silent (if you want low noise) or Aero Sharks.

fr0wn3r
06-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Thank you all for replies.

I finally decided, after reading martinm's, thread to go with Thermalright X-Silent as they will serve as case fans, and as I see you all agreed with Primochill tubing so no mistake there. :)

Cheers ppl!