PDA

View Full Version : NEW: BTC Mining Calculator

KaptainBlaZzed
06-21-2011, 09:09 PM
I have been looking for a Bitcoin calculator that took into account difficulty changes and could not locate one, so i decided to build one.

BTC Mining Calculator (http://www.kaptain.me/btc_calc.php)

This is my first pass at is, so it might not be 100% accurate.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Think of a feature it needs, let me know.
If you encounter an error or find a miscalculation, please let me know.

Be patient, my host is a little slow.

Thanks,

Zloyd
06-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Looks better than anything else out there. Experienced miners will comment on accuracy. I wonder if you could add a pool mhash also. So you can figure out if you changed pools to something bigger if it helps at all.

don_xvi
06-22-2011, 04:28 AM
I can't seem to connect to it at all. The little circle just spins in the top of the tab.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-22-2011, 04:36 AM
I can't seem to connect to it at all. The little circle just spins in the top of the tab.

it is hosted on port 81, so if your firewall is locked down you might not be able to get there.

Jen
06-22-2011, 08:34 AM
be good if you can add in a feature to figure out cost of electric as well to compensate for what you really make per day , week etc

Jen

INFRNL
06-22-2011, 07:42 PM

weird; worked for me last night but right now i am getting the same as you.:shrug:

slaveondope
06-22-2011, 07:48 PM
be good if you can add in a feature to figure out cost of electric as well to compensate for what you really make per day , week etc

Jen
http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php

KaptainBlaZzed
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Jen

Added an electricity cost estimator to the calculator.

Will complete it all the way through tomorrow.

Jen
06-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Added an electricity cost estimator to the calculator.

Will complete it all the way through tomorrow.

thank you

Jen

OldChap
06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice piece of work!

How fast are these difficulty increases coming around? it seems that at this pace one needs to buy at least 1 new card a month just to keep the output level

[XC] hipno650
06-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Nice piece of work!

How fast are these difficulty increases coming around? it seems that at this pace one needs to buy at least 1 new card a month just to keep the output level

in theory with difficulty increases we should also see a rise in the value of BTC considering less will be produced overall. it did not happen the last time as the Mt. Gox hack send everyone panicing and selling and whatnot. but since the hack panic has calmed a bit the price is back on the rise from what I can tell...

slaveondope
06-24-2011, 04:11 PM
The coins are introduced at a set rate of 6 blocks(50btc) per hour(well what the system strives to achieve) no matter the difficulty. Difficulty adjust every 2016 blocks and the system adjust the difficulty to try and achieve an introduction rate based on the networks power of 6 blocks (50btc) a hour, that equals ~14 days before change. However if the network is increasing in power quickly you can see difficulty change in ~10 days due to more than 6 blocks being released an hour on average. At that point the math problem is made more difficult for the network to curb the excessive release of blocks in order to retain 6 blocks/hour.

Difficulty follows price. If price remains stagnant we'll see a leveling off of difficulty as mining becomes less profitable, like we see now with today's new difficulty level per exchange rate. We are releasing the desired ~6 block/hour right now and if that's maintained little to no increase in difficulty will occur in ~14 days. If the exchange value shoots up again we'll see the difficulty follow that price and increase as well since profitability for miners has improved. Should the exchange value fall we will likely see no increase in difficulty and even a reduction of it as people stop mining.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice piece of work!

Thanks, and i like the suggestion.

Added to the BTC Mining Calculator (http://www.kaptain.me/btc_calc.php)

Difficulty change adjusted calculations

Return on Hardware Investment
Time Frame Profit
MHash adjustment to keep current production level after difficulty change

I believe my calculations to be correct based on the available information, but i want to be sure.
Can someone check my calculations and report back?

KaptainBlaZzed
07-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Added error checking for all user entries.

and if any of the data GETS fail, the calculator will now still function.

ggdh
07-23-2011, 03:57 AM
I appreciate your work: I use your calculator daily to check how difficulty changes (in % instead of comparing two values from bitcoinwatch) :up:

KaptainBlaZzed
07-24-2011, 05:30 AM
I appreciate your work: I use your calculator daily to check how difficulty changes (in % instead of comparing two values from bitcoinwatch) :up:

Thanks, I also use it daily for the stats.

KaptainBlaZzed
09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I have added a graph of the estimated production and an electricity break even BTC price to the calculator.

With all the talk of quitting due to low price i have seen lots of post about break even price.

Hope this helps somebody.

ggdh
09-23-2011, 04:55 AM
It's useful for me :)

I stopped mining. I can do more by trading day by day... But to start I had to gather some capital first.

BeepBeep2
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Yep, I can no longer make a profit from Bitcoin...

In fact, I lose 65%...

[XC] Oj101
01-05-2012, 01:28 AM
1159929.497 difficulty
$6.114 per BTC

Are these figures correct?? If so, I'm going to start up again as 130MHash/s equates to $20/month and I'm not paying for power.

KaptainBlaZzed
01-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Oj101;5028587']1159929.497 difficulty
$6.114 per BTC

Are these figures correct?? If so, I'm going to start up again as 130MHash/s equates to $20/month and I'm not paying for power.

Yes, they are correct. I use them on a regular basis.

They are pulled directly from the stats server and the Trade Hill Exchange.