PDA

View Full Version : Which Mining Pool?

OldChap
06-18-2011, 04:53 AM
It has been intimated that some pools are better than others although provided that there are no delays or downtime I cannot see why this would be...

So, In the interest of making sure that we all have the most XSsive performance.... how about individuals post some numbers here for their different pools.

Probably best if you can mention card(s) and hashrate and maybe come back and edit/add as the days go by

for example in the past 14 hours since I noted my totals as a baseline

On UK.BTC Guild I Have made 0.193365 coins with 1 5870 @ 900 and 387Mhash/sec

On Bitcoin.lc I Have made 0.397586 coins with 1 5870 @ 900 and 387Mhash/sec

I am aware that due to the nature of the work it may take time to get the averages to make sense and maybe some further effort to factor in the MHash/sec per day rate but I think this might be worth doing

Update: 1st 24 hours I will do this for 3 days

BTC Guild = 0.36641148 which equates to 1057 Mhash/sec per coin based on the hash rate reported by my card

Bitcoin.lc = 0.66127953 which equates to 586 Mhash/sec per coin

Update: after missing a day due to hardware issues here are the numbers for day 2(3)

BTC Guild = 0.26265839

Bitcoin.lc = 0.35632009

The last day I will do this is today till Midnight BST...

BTC Guild =0.41223504

Bitcoin.lc = 0.49926559

ggdh
06-18-2011, 05:33 AM
I'm with deepbit from the beginning, but they charge too much. I was trying to switch to btcmine, but recently they have closed registration of new members...

I will give it a tray with bitcoin.lc

s0lid
06-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Any interest for closed crunchers only pool?
Technically quite easily achieveable and there's couple open source mining pool servers.

BeepBeep2
06-18-2011, 12:05 PM
BTC Guild is nice, no fees, large pool = paid fast...in small amounts but quickly, amounts start to show up.
I am with BitCoinPool, no fees, but they ban pretty much any user without more than 70% efficiency meaning ATI + poclbm-mod and phoenix only or you are banned. Our speed isn't that great either, sometimes we get a round that is 18-20 hours long, others are just an hour...average is about 7-8 hours for us

In the end they will all pay out about the same.

To get .387 BTC with Bitcoin.lc in 14 hours? The pool got lucky and you reaped the rewards. 387 Mhash/s on average will get you a little less than .2 BTC over 14 hours. Considering BTC Guild is very large and consistent (due to stupidly high processing power) you got what you were supposed to get. ;)

p2501
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Any interest for closed crunchers only pool?
Technically quite easily achieveable and there's couple open source mining pool servers.

Folders allowed also?! :p:

Nice idea, but the one who sets up the server would also need to be pretty knowledgeable about securing a Linux server to the point where no breakins or DDoS attacks will pose a thread to the users rewards... kinda time consuming, don't you think?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Then we not only will crunch/fold them to the ground, but also mine them t. t. g. =)

s0lid
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Well i've no idea about the exact details who we will inv etc if the project ever gets goin.

Well getting linux server secure is quite easy task, when talking about closed group solution (address/accounts/pws known by few ppl). If we've static ip in our use there's no need to register a domain (adds little bit of security).
I believe well configured pfsense box between interwebs and server should be enough to keep outsiders away.

Weekly backups from OS and hourly from pool data to external backup server (ZFS with Deduplication = you can make tons of Backups with really no space loss) should keep the data safe and sound :P

Edit: I may not be a security expert but i'm darn sure that we've atleast one linux/security guru in our humble crunching team.

p2501
06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Sounds solid IMO.. I'd certainly be a fan of an XS pool. Since in the end pool size don't seem to matter much it's ok if we don't reach stellar GHash numbers.. :p:

ZFS on Linux, has it gone native by now?!

s0lid
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Nah newest ZFS packages are Solaris only for now.

Well since the backup server should be totally different server from pool server we could use Solaris 11 / OpenIndiana there which has been proven a good OS for fileserver by hardforum community.

OldChap
06-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Updated first post with day 1 result

Had to stop the test...found 1 rig shut down today...lost 8 hours. Boots into windows and will run for some seconds or up to half an hour then shuts down like when overheating but temps seem ok. Will move that card over later and then we will see....

EDIT: Just found this on BTC Guild

kjeldoran
06-19-2011, 07:45 AM
With 250Mhash/s I was getting .3BTC per day at BTC Guild. Deepbit was a bit less. Bitclockers started out great (.6BTC per day), but we hit some long blocks which put my rate at .17BTC per day. I switched to BTCguild after bitclockers and it was going well, but because of the server issues yesterday I swapped to Bitcoins.lc this morning. Let's hope it goes well :).

amdsempron_xs
06-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Anyone here with Mt. Red?

I'm with Bitcoins.lc now and happy with it. Just curious about Mt. Red as a backup plan? :D

OldChap
06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
BTC Guild changed one of their servers again.... If you were on the UK one, change to nl2.btcguild.com

Jen
06-19-2011, 09:47 AM
BTC Guild changed one of their servers again.... If you were on the UK one, change to nl2.btcguild.com

is port the same 8332 ? as i cant connect to that one but all the rest i can

Jen

[XC] gomeler
06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I'd be interested in a private XS pool.

On BTCGuild I earned 2.89BTC with 2300MH/s in the last 24hr according to their stats. Not sure if this includes unconfirmed BTC.

OldChap
06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
is port the same 8332 ? as i cant connect to that one but all the rest i can

Jen

There is no info to the contrary... just this: "NL2 server put up in place of UK. Not specifying a server points to NL2 now. US Central is highly recommended!" US.central is lightly loaded see here: http://www.btcguild.com/how_to_connect.php

Jen
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
There is no info to the contrary... just this: "NL2 server put up in place of UK. Not specifying a server points to NL2 now. US Central is highly recommended!" US.central is lightly loaded see here: http://www.btcguild.com/how_to_connect.php

thank you

i also be interested a XS pool if its ever started , still waiting on parts for another mining system for basement . so nice to have a basement so i dont have to listen to the noise of this first mining system . having problems with hearing for several months and am very sensitive to noise

Jen

INFRNL
06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Would love to see our own pool as well.
Centralbtc had the highest load late last night. I tried uk because it had the smallest load and lost a few mhash/s so just went with westbtc

[XC] gomeler
06-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Ok, :banana::banana::banana::banana: it. Investigating this :D I think I can get a primitive pool up and running in a day or so on Amazon's EC2 but I'd have to figure out how to secure it and how to provide some sort of web front-end for users to interact with. If anyone else is interested in this or has already started researching please get in touch.

ggdh
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Well, I can support you mentally :up:

Tom128
06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
It's been a long time since I ventured into the Linux/BSD world but I used to make fairly large web-based front ends on Apache using Perl and/or PHP along with MySQL. Now I use C# and MS SQL. The same deal really though. I would be more than willing to help with that, or any server side things if needed, I would just need to brush off the rust so to speak :D

OldChap
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Final update of first post....anyone want to trial another pool?

INFRNL
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd like to trial the XS Pool when one of you smart lads gets it together:yepp::shrug:

Blauhung
06-21-2011, 09:15 PM
if we get something even partially working i'll go for it. I say we also setup for donations and pool that towards prizes of some sort provided they are used to make more crunchers

don_xvi
06-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Told ya! :D

OldChap
06-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah you did didn't you http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0064.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

p2501
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Okay OldChap, your bitcoins.lc numbers got me into trying it also. Let's see if it's really more productive than btcmine. Or as stable.

Edit: Did you find a setting for locking your wallet address in btc.lc?!

OldChap
06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
No, I didn't... In fact I am not sure they have such a thing or how to find out.

In fact I would like to find out more about the best way of keeping funds secure. People have mentioned "Move it to...." and "put it on a stick"....and stuff like that and, frankly, I don't really know anything on the subject. I would like to "bank" some coins regularly and keep them out of the reach of potential hack attack...How? ....I have not sold yet either...It seems that the mining bit is easy

On the subject of pool performance, Have you got written down anywhere numbers for a given time in the past on your current pool? If so a quick calculation relating to your Mhash performance gets you a base line and then perhaps multiply my results by the fraction of your Mhash/my Mhash to make the comparison

Anyone can post numbers like this

Bitcoin achieved by applied Mhash (add all you cards used) in Period on Pool the rest is just Math ;)

[XC] gomeler
06-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Securing your wallet -> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet

artemm
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
No, I didn't... In fact I am not sure they have such a thing or how to find out.

In fact I would like to find out more about the best way of keeping funds secure. People have mentioned "Move it to...." and "put it on a stick"....and stuff like that and, frankly, I don't really know anything on the subject. I would like to "bank" some coins regularly and keep them out of the reach of potential hack attack...How? ....I have not sold yet either...It seems that the mining bit is easy

I just back up and encrypt my wallet.dat file. There's a wiki article on the process, if you google it.

Basically, you shut down your bitcoin wallet after the last transaction is confirmed, navigate to your wallet.dat file (should be in \\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\bitcoin if you're on 7, different on linux) and cut/paste it to your flash drive. When you need to transfer money out, take it off the flash drive and put it back into that location (make sure to delete file blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat to make the client go through the blockchain again.)

OldChap
06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
artemm, your explanation is clearer than the Wiki... but...back up a bit

Originally I opened bitcoin to get a wallet? to attach my coins to and pasted this into the pool. is that about right? should I have kept bitcoin running all this time?... (panics.... I did a windows update 2 days ago and did not restart it). I have restarted before and got a different wallet which I pasted into a different pool and used that there.

assuming I am ok so far how do I shut down a wallet? if I am wrong on this....Hellllp.

[XC] gomeler
06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
All you need is that wallet.dat file with your wallet addresses. Like artemm said, when you delete the blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat files the Bitcoin app will download the entire blockchain again and search for transactions sending coins into your wallet.

I personally backup in two locations just in case I lose the USB key with my wallet.dat on it.

shoota
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Is TradeHill not working or something? The latest price sold hasn't moved from $14.76 for quite a while now and my Sell Order isn't selling..

edit: nevermind my sell order just sold but it doesn't explain why the market seems frozen at $14.76..

[XC] gomeler
06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Just starting to look into pooling software. Been busy setting up more miners around my house :D

[XC] gomeler
06-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Found a combination of a front end and a back end that should do the trick for a private pool. I'll set one up locally to make sure it works and look over the code a bit.

s0lid
06-24-2011, 03:37 AM
I can take care of the hosting, i've quite stable connection now (replaced modem and setup a pfsense box) and ESXi server that has enough resources to run one extra server :P

[XC] gomeler
06-24-2011, 10:10 AM
I can take care of the hosting, i've quite stable connection now (replaced modem and setup a pfsense box) and ESXi server that has enough resources to run one extra server :P

Ok, I may take you up on that :up:

edit: Going out of town for the ASUS event in San Francisco. Going to work on this on the plane over and back. Hope to have the pool up on Monday or Tuesday.

Jen
06-24-2011, 12:34 PM
gomeler;4888769']Ok, I may take you up on that :up:

edit: Going out of town for the ASUS event in San Francisco. Going to work on this on the plane over and back. Hope to have the pool up on Monday or Tuesday.

good luck on your trip , be safe. really miss san francisco wish i could be there

Jen

don_xvi
06-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, the bitcoins.lc sometimes has teething problems handling the growth it's experiencing which can lead to downtime with no work.

shoota
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Is anyone having to wait a long time for their TradeHill btc deposits to go through. I deposited a couple coins a few days ago and the status still says In Process. this is very annoying

ggdh
06-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, the bitcoins.lc sometimes has teething problems handling the growth it's experiencing which can lead to downtime with no work.

Yeah, it happened today morning. But still I prefer to stay with them as I am getting ~10-15% more than with deepbit.

jcool
06-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Although I am very happy with the BTC Guild pool now that they've fixed their server trouble, I would love to see an XS pool up and running. If you get it working gom, count me in!

OldChap
06-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Me too, especially if we can put together enough of us or enough Ghash

I can bring around 1.2Ghash/sec maybe 1.5 later this week. What would we need to make this work? I'm asking because as I see it the more we can do now the better...later it gets harder to get results/coins

I guess I am asking.... Is there a downside?

jcool
06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
As long as we get to a decent pool size, where payouts happen at least every 2-3 days (ie, we need to find a block in that time interval) we should be good. Currently it takes BTCguild, on average, 33 minutes to find a block, at a total of 3 Terahash/s. So if we could get, say, 300Ghash together, we should be able to find a block roughly every 2,3 days at the current (rather high) difficulty level. I think that would be acceptable... I can bring roughly 10 Ghash to the pool, and I know some folks here have a similar amount of cards, so it should work out.

don_xvi
06-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Is anyone having to wait a long time for their TradeHill btc deposits to go through. I deposited a couple coins a few days ago and the status still says In Process. this is very annoying

Sorted out yet? That's not right.
I know you could do something with the blockexplorer web site to see where your coins are, but I don't really know how to sleuth it out.

[XC] gomeler
06-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Got back yesterday, spent tonight sifting through hardware to see what died in San Francisco. Tomorrow I'll get back to work on that XS pool. I think it'll take me 2 nights of work to at least a demo up and running :up:

ggdh
06-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Bitcoins.lc is down again.

BTCGuild it is...

don_xvi
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
http://bitcoins.lc is running strong now, supposedly they've fixed something about many connections that's been plaguing big pool operators since time began.

AND they're giving away Google+ invites for members!

ggdh
07-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I have noticed very strange thing: for ~5 days I was mining with btcguild and recently my 5870 started freezeing the whole system. Not resetting, just freezing and sitting idle (i.e. overnight). I thought that it was because of the temperature even though core's temp. does not exceed 75*C. After a while my other rig (2x5830) in parents' house started loosing internet connection (3g usb modem - 8€ for ~6GB of transfer for 7 months, so pretty much excellent deal for bitcoin...).

And know: i don't know if it was a matter of btcguild (once in a while i had problems with communicating with bitcoin RPC) or just a coincident but after switching back to bitcoins.lc my 5870 stopped freezing and 3G access works like a charm... I can understand if the guiminer was loosing connection with pool's server the 3G connection was idle for a while and automatically 3G was disconnected (there is no option to change that = strange thing). But what about 5870? Is it possible that re-connection was causing freezes of the whole system?

It is all very strange for me.

acebmxer
07-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I found this pool here http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24253.0

I went a head and registered to give it a shot.

If you could please register here https://acebmxer.triplemining.com/register with my referral. You may register from the main site if you would like to start your own.

I have my 2 systems running together.

p2501
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Hehe, maybe that's our chance for an XS pool without the setup worries.

the_dope_chaud
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
I am all for an XS pool.

Bobsama
07-02-2011, 03:47 AM
I'd definitely join an XS pool. I'm currently mining with just my 5850; ~300 mhash/s. Using deepbit and it looks like 3 BTC per month. That should be about enough to pay my entire electricity bill next month. I just got it working though I'm using Cat 11.6's; Cat 10.3 + Stream 2.1 didn't work for me.

acebmxer
07-02-2011, 05:52 AM
If you guys like I can rename my setup and make it a XS pool. I have no problem with that or joining a official XS pool.

MadHacker
07-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I'd join an XS pool.
I have 4.2 GHash/s myself.

OldChap
07-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I find it more....Fun? in a smaller pool...and an XS pool would be better still.

Could we hit the 50-100 Ghash between us?

ggdh
07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Post your output and add it to previous users:

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.1GHash/s
---------------
5.3 GHash/s

Who's next?

Musho
07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.1GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
---------------
11.6 GHash/s

Edit: Roughly 2.5 GHash/s is mine, but I can prolly get my friends to add another 3.8 bringing us to 6.3GHash/s.

acebmxer
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I can put in around 700MHash/s

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.1GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
--------------------------
12.3 GHash/s

Edit here is a list of tripplemining minipool list. Just to give you a Idea how they are doing. With all these minipools they just barely hit 50GHash/s

Pool name Rank Speed Users
#1 Team Ausp Diamond miner 16369 MH/s 15
#2 Team CNMOH Platinum harvester 5774 MH/s 27
#3 lol bitcoins, bitcoins lol Gold digger 4367 MH/s 4
#4 The FBI ™ | Fast Block Inspectors Gold digger 2807 MH/s 2
#5 Team Whiplash Gold digger 2797 MH/s 4
#6 Oldminer & The Blockheads Gold digger 2076 MH/s 61
#7 Team Awesome Gold digger 2033 MH/s 13
#8 ◄evo► Gold digger 1670 MH/s 3
#9 Hashaholics Anonymous Gold digger 1513 MH/s 3
#10 ░▒▓ Pandamonium ▓▒░ Gold digger 1174 MH/s 73
#11 TheATeam Gold digger 1169 MH/s 3
#12 rashka.ru Gold digger 1046 MH/s 57
#13 Team Edward Gold digger 1045 MH/s 3
#14 Team Digigami Silver extractor 879 MH/s 4
#15 Team Holland Silver extractor 826 MH/s 2
#16 Kleine Recheneinheit Silver extractor 797 MH/s 2
#17 • Hot Rig • Silver extractor 702 MH/s 2
#18 Lady Luck Silver extractor 678 MH/s 2
#19 Team Lee2Roy Silver extractor 659 MH/s 2
#20 Team X Silver extractor 649 MH/s 2
#21 Team acebmxer Silver extractor 644 MH/s 2
#22 Team bitcoin Silver extractor 544 MH/s 12
#23 Team Ugly Gravel picker 496 MH/s 12
#24 Team coin Gravel picker 482 MH/s 7
#25 Izaya323 Gravel picker 482 MH/s 2
#26 Team Iowa Gravel picker 453 MH/s 3
#27 Team Furry Gravel picker 444 MH/s 2
#28 The Interwebs Gravel picker 444 MH/s 3
#29 Team HF Gravel picker 339 MH/s 49
#30 Knight Rider Gravel picker 339 MH/s 3
#31 Team EdCarnby Gravel picker 315 MH/s 2
#32 Mighty Nossi Gravel picker 310 MH/s 2
#33 Old Wheal Bit Gravel picker 291 MH/s 2
#34 Team eos666 Gravel picker 291 MH/s 3
#35 Almost There Gravel picker 253 MH/s 2
#36 Team daedelous Gravel picker 253 MH/s 3
#37 Team O&B Gravel picker 229 MH/s 2
#38 The00Team Dirt cleaner 91 MH/s 2
#39 Team Anthrax Dirt cleaner 91 MH/s 47
#40 Frank's Team Dirt cleaner 86 MH/s 3
#41 Alphagamers Dirt cleaner 86 MH/s 12
#42 PineKones Pool Dirt cleaner 72 MH/s 2
#43 CrazyHell Dirt cleaner 62 MH/s 5
#44 Cycle Dirt cleaner 62 MH/s 2
#45 Just mine it! Dirt cleaner 38 MH/s 2
#46 Team slope Dirt cleaner 29 MH/s 2
#47 Kingpin Dirt cleaner 24 MH/s 2
#48 pickvogl Dirt cleaner 19 MH/s 2
#49 Team vistamedia Dirt cleaner 10 MH/s 3
#50 Team marks1976 Dirt cleaner 10 MH/s 3

OldChap
07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Throw in my 1.6GH

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.1GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s

Total 13.9GHash/sec

ggdh
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Small correction:

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s

Total 14.1GHash/sec

c22
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s

Total 18.3GHash/sec

Let's rock XS

[XC] gomeler
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Ok :banana::banana::banana::banana: this DDOS business with btcguild. Dropping other projects till this project is done. Miners have been down for a day and it's making me angry face. Leaving work in a few bits and I'll get to work on this :up:

edit:

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s

Total 18.3GHash/sec

Let's rock XS

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s

Total 21.5 GHash/sec

shoota
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
gomeler;4897904']

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s

Total 22.7 GHash/sec

there's mine.

Tom128
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s

Total - 24.4Ghash/s

KaptainBlaZzed
07-05-2011, 06:40 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
KaptainBlaZzed 1.8GHash/s

Total - 26.2Ghash/s

added mine to the list

ghost_recon88
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm in with at least 1.2 GHash/s

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s

Total: 27.4Ghash/s

slaveondope
07-05-2011, 08:04 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s

Total: 32.2 Gh/s

INFRNL
07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
INFRNL: 500 Mhash/s

New Total: 32.7 Gh/s

Sorry; thats all I have atm and maybe for some time :(

[XC] gomeler
07-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Got pushpoold w/ mining farm running locally. Going to use dyndns to push it public. Will have details for a few members hopefully tonight :up:

MadHacker
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
sweet...
myself i just run the miner as is so i dont know how to configure the push part... yet...

Jen
07-06-2011, 08:15 AM
gomeler;4898480']Got pushpoold w/ mining farm running locally. Going to use dyndns to push it public. Will have details for a few members hopefully tonight :up:

sounds great , i have 8 x 5830s now just need to get my pci e risers to make this mess a bit more sane

Jen

MadHacker
07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
sounds great , i have 8 x 5830s now just need to get my pci e risers to make this mess a bit more sane

Jen
4 of my 5830 get me average of 850Mhash/s
so i'll add 1.7 GHash/s to the mix for you

if you get more then that ... your free to change it...

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s

New Total: 34.4 Gh/s

cajer
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I'll put in my 2x 6950s and the 5830 when it gets here.

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s
Cajer 1.0 GHash/s

New Total: 35.4 Gh/s

sRHunt3r
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I'll put in my 2x 6950s and the 5830 when it gets here.

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s
Cajer 1.0 GHash/s
Hunt3r 1.9 GHash/s

New Total: 37.3 Gh/s

Count me in, my 3 crunchers are all mining ;)

Toolius
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Count me in too :) 3.9 - 4.0 Ghash/sec
New total 41.3Ghash/Sec

[XC] hipno650
07-06-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm in for any-ware from 1-2ghash things are all over the map with heat ATM so it's hard to say for sure how many I could run at once.

[XC] gomeler
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Private pool is up and running on the bitcoin test network. I'm testing it for a day to make sure reward distribution works.

ggdh
07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Excellent :up:

c22
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Weee, we're waiting :D

acebmxer
07-07-2011, 04:29 AM
gomeler;4898934']Private pool is up and running on the bitcoin test network. I'm testing it for a day to make sure reward distribution works.

Glade to hear, cant wait.

shoota
07-07-2011, 08:31 AM
What's the advantage to having our own pool?

KaptainBlaZzed
07-07-2011, 09:01 AM

No DDoS attacks hopefully. I am getting really tired of all this DDoS crap.:mad:

I now have each machine running on a different pool to mitigate the risk of an attack.
1 on Slush's Pool
1 on DeepBit
1 on BTCGuild (once it is up)

[XC] gomeler
07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like my machines found a few blocks on the bitcoin test network. Problem is the scripts to update the database and assign rewards aren't working properly. Was busy last night and I didn't get to troubleshoot it so I'll do so tonight.

No DDoS attacks hopefully. I am getting really tired of all this DDoS crap.:mad:

I now have each machine running on a different pool to mitigate the risk of an attack.
1 on Slush's Pool
1 on DeepBit

precisely. My boxes were on btcguild and right now I'm generating zero coins.

[XC] gomeler
07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like my machines found a few blocks on the bitcoin test network. Problem is the scripts to update the database and assign rewards aren't working properly. Was busy last night and I didn't get to troubleshoot it so I'll do so tonight.

1 on Slush's Pool
1 on DeepBit

precisely. My boxes were on btcguild and right now I'm generating zero coins.

OldChap
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I struggle to keep this running all day...I come home to status... connecting... In a big pool this seems more pronounced. I have heard that pools bigger than 300-350GHash have issues that smaller pools do not have. Then there is the security thing too...I am sure one of you clever B's can make it harder for the robbers to get at us.

I joined a 66GHash site last Saturday...Today the rate is 137GHash.... so I'm thinking others are seeing the benefit of small pooling

c22
07-07-2011, 10:24 AM

For example: deepbit is recently DDoS'ed few times I day. I notice lost connections about 2-3 times from 8am to 8pm.

KaptainBlaZzed
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
so far Slush's pool has worked very well for me.

I really like the explicit deny it has on all unknown IP's.
This should cut down on botnets and DDoS attacks.

As of right now it is the only large pool still up.

Blauhung
07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Keep me informed, my 2 58850's are good for about 700Mhashes

rocketr2
07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I also have a question with sub 100ghash, would we see less returns? or also take longer to get bitcoins, compared to mining with a large pool?

p2501
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I also have a question with sub 100ghash, would we see less returns? or also take longer to get bitcoins, compared to mining with a large pool?

Return over time would be the same as with larger pools. Maybe it would be even higher performance than bigger pools since ideally our pool would have less downtime due to less connections to the server and less DDoS attacks.... hopefully. We would just take longer for each block so no small payout each day but bigger payments maybe every 3 days.

[XC] gomeler
07-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Didn't have a chance to hack at this last night. I think I'll stay in tonight and wrap this project up. If not I'll do my best to get it up by Monday.

INFRNL
07-08-2011, 11:01 PM
gomeler;4900222']Didn't have a chance to hack at this last night. I think I'll stay in tonight and wrap this project up. If not I'll do my best to get it up by Monday.
Thanks and take your time...no pressure; we do not want/need you to stress over it.
We greatly appreciate your efforts in doing this for us as well:up: :clap:

amdsempron_xs
07-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Count me in :D
2 x 6950 for ~ 700MHash/s

der8auer
07-09-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm interested as well :) Currently Mining on Deepbit with 2 Systems:

5x 5850
1x 5870

~2100 MH/s

acebmxer
07-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Here is updated list

MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 1.6GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s
Cajer 1.0 GHash/s
Hunt3r 1.9 GHash/s
Toolius 3.9-4.0 GHash/s
[XC] hipno650 1-2 GHash/s
Blauhung 700 MHash/s
amdsempron_xs 700 MHash/s
der8auer 2.1 GHash/s

New Total: 46.8 Gh/s

If anyone needs to make a correction please feel free to.

Aerou
07-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Would like to try and eventually help push it. Just a HD5670 ATM :D Hell it's still more than a GTX480 :D

p2501
07-09-2011, 08:53 AM
<-- will also join with 4.8GHash

ggdh
07-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Total: 46.8 Gh/s
p2501: 4.8Gh/s

New total: 51.6 Gh/s

thienloi
07-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Count me in
2000 Mhash/s

OldChap
07-10-2011, 06:50 AM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 2.0GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s
Cajer 1.0 GHash/s
Hunt3r 1.9 GHash/s
Toolius 3.9-4.0 GHash/s
Blauhung 700 MHash/s
der8auer 2.1 GHash/s
p2501 4.8 GHash/s
thienloi 2.0 GHash/s

New Total: 54.0 Gh/s

Aerou
07-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I would like to join HD5970 stock atm :toast:

acebmxer
07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
gomeler;4900222']Didn't have a chance to hack at this last night. I think I'll stay in tonight and wrap this project up. If not I'll do my best to get it up by Monday.

Just checking in to see how this is coming along. Any update?

Alpha
07-15-2011, 05:17 AM
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23768.0

im loving this pool. 0 fee PPS mining. it may take some time to get your coins, but you always have the same payout!~

i would consider an XS pool as well.

[XC] gomeler
07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Just checking in to see how this is coming along. Any update?

Been so busy w/ work that I haven't been motivated to beat up some php to get mining farm to work. Will do what I can this weekend. The pool works but the front-end software to distribute rewards doesn't work properly.

CJ145
07-23-2011, 03:40 PM
MadHacker 4.2GHash/s
ggdh 1.3GHash/s
Musho 6.3GHash/s
acebmxer 700MHash/s
OldChap 2.0GHash/s
c22 4.2GHash/s
gomeler 3.2 GH/s
shoota 1.2gh/s
Tom128 1.7GHash/s
ghost_recon88 1.2GHash/s
slaveondope 4.8Gh/s
Jen 1.7 GHash/s
Cajer 1.0 GHash/s
Hunt3r 1.9 GHash/s
Toolius 3.9-4.0 GHash/s
Blauhung 700 MHash/s
der8auer 2.1 GHash/s
p2501 4.8 GHash/s
thienloi 2.0 GHash/s
CJ145 460MHash/s

New Total: 54.46 Gh/s

JkS
07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I would be interested too, got 3.6 GHash/s under my belt.

kaktus1907
07-29-2011, 12:12 AM
90MHash/s GTX 460 + 9800GT green :down:
waiting GCN :yepp:

edit: a bit tweaking helped lol 106 MHash/s (http://www.abload.de/img/desktop_2011_07_29_22_xe19.png) @300W

Hornet331
07-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Also maybe considerng joining, just recently got into the bitcoin thing.
Currently 400 MHash here.

Gona see how it turns out and if its going somewhere I might build a dedicated rig with more power. :)

V2-V3
07-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Pool Operators FYI,

Stating and running your own pool is a job for more than 1 person and requires 24/7 support for the massive amount of complications a pool will have. not to mention if your pool has not been running for the past few months to pay off the overhead current difficulty and increases in difficulty will force you to charge a large fee (3%+) to cover server hardware and monthly expenses. The current difficulty has shown variation in work with large blocks in the 16 Million share and more range. Large blocks, Pool hoppers, and low hashing power drives a lot of start up pools into the ground let alone the required dedication of time to fixing inevitable problems. If you are going to start a pool don't offer 0% fee and later jack them up I don't like ye ole bait n switch nor will the majority of the miners. Get ready to put some time and resources into making a good pool and always avoid simple band aid patches as they are historically bad for pool scaling.

My recommended Pool is http://bitclockers.com overclocking and enthusiast friendly BitCoin mining pool.

Almost no downtime, Amazing support crew, secure, loads of features, constant updates, and very helpful community. Plus each month there is a hardware Giveaway.