PDA

View Full Version : Info On Diff2 and manual changes @ BTC Guild

OldChap
06-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Just a heads up really for those who don't visit much

At some time on June 15th (PDT), there will be a rolling restart of the mining pool servers to implement a change to difficulty 2 shares.

Difficulty 2 shares means that your miner will be doing harder work before sending data back to the server. Doing this will dramatically decrease the load on the server. It will also help reduce the impact of miner idles that have been occuring on all servers.

Your rewards will NOT be affected by this. Each share you submit will count as two shares when performing this work. It is being counted as 2 shares so that historical stats such as the block listings will remain comparable to the new system.

http://www.btcguild.com/pick_a_server.php

[XC] gomeler
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Good to hear. I haven't as far as I can tell had any idle time but I only check in on the boxes when a card goes down. Thanks for the heads up.

OldChap
06-16-2011, 09:05 AM
BTC GUILD servers:

Using an overloaded server can have a significant impact on your BTC earnings. It is recommend you pick a low load server, even if it is further away from you. The following is a list of addresses recommended based on the current load:
Address Location Load
nl.btcguild.com Netherlands 45%
uk.btcguild.com UK 47%
useast.btcguild.com Florida 58%
uswest.btcguild.com California 66%
uscentral.btcguild.com Texas 113%

Picking the server closest to you is not a guarantee of higher performance. It is recommend you pick a server which has the least load.

If you're using GUIMiner, you will have to select "Other" from the list of pools so you can type in the information. If you select BTC Guild in GUIMiner, or if you just use 'btcguild.com' without specifying a server, you will be pointed at US Central, which has very high load at this time.

don_xvi
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Guys, lose the BTCGuild.
I tried over there again yesterday and was underwhelmed, although the miner idle problem was finally decreased. Having to manually select the server that's not too heavily loaded at any particular time? "Unconfirmed Rewards"? bleck!
Try bitcoins.lc Instant payout, no fees, and a good run of late... I get many more BTC here than on the guild.

OldChap
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Easy enough to see the difference.... put one card on each for a day or two and check the output

INFRNL
06-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Guys, lose the BTCGuild.
I tried over there again yesterday and was underwhelmed, although the miner idle problem was finally decreased. Having to manually select the server that's not too heavily loaded at any particular time? "Unconfirmed Rewards"? bleck!
Try bitcoins.lc Instant payout, no fees, and a good run of late... I get many more BTC here than on the guild.

Easy enough to see the difference.... put one card on each for a day or two and check the output

will have to check these out. I'm not so sure I am producing as much as I should through guild, but I haven't switched servers yet either

[XC] Oj101
06-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think so either, I'm sure my GTX480 @ 780MHz should do more than

You generated 0.08773228 BTC in the last 24 hours.