PDA

View Full Version : uv die vs uv tubing?

jkresh
06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I have been using feser one (black that glows uv blue) for a while, about to rebuild my loop and have about 10 feet of tygon 7/16 that I haven't used yet, also have another bottle of the feser. I know a while ago some people here were strongly anti-die as it was clogging some waterblocks... I ddi a search but didn't find the thread, what are people suggesting now, tygon + some kind of die or feser or primoflex uv cables? I have used tygon in all my builds and never had a problem but I can see a benefit to colored tubing and clear fluid (though I am considering the RP-452X2 (to go with my 655 and a new pmp450 as the 655 is past the 50,000 hour mark and I would rather not wait for it to die without a spare or second in series) so colored fluid could still be good.

crash5s
06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Tubing all the time. The die and other items do clog from time to time, it does depend on the block but it's also a pain, and sometimes just happens no matter the block.

IMHO, unless you are doing a "bling" build and want to see the coolant in the block, don't risk it. I use all black tubing + minimal hydrax + silver coils.

Why risk it?

zanzabar
06-12-2011, 06:00 PM
the dyes seam to only clog in the newer micro pin and micro fin blocks like the ek HF or swiftech xt, the dtek should be fine as i have not seen any1 complain that was using that with dyes.

crash5s
06-12-2011, 06:04 PM
the dyes seam to only clog in the newer micro pin and micro fin blocks like the ek HF or swiftech xt, the dtek should be fine as i have not seen any1 complain that was using that with dyes.

Going to call crap on this as I clogged an apogee original and OCZ Hydro Flow with feser, it can happen. But as always YMMV

zanzabar
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Going to call crap on this as I clogged an apogee original and OCZ Hydro Flow with feser, it can happen. But as always YMMV

good to know, did it stop flow or just get in the block so the color disappeared.

i have primoflex pro lrt in blue and i like it, and i went with it to not deal with dyes or clouding.

jkresh
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
thanks for the replies, I guess I will go with primoflex tubing this time. New build is going to be in the xigmatek elysium (should be fun figuring out how to get the 2nd rad in without any cutting), will post pictures when it is ready

mlwood37
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
i have been recently doing more tests on dyes and found the biggest problem with dye losing its colour is because of the issue with the balance of the PH in some liquids all so the fact that the PH balance in a loop changes over time.

Now some dyes are tolerant to the change in the PH of liquids were other are less tolerant.

Im still in the process of testing and will need more time to carry on testing what dyes are mainly effected. How ever the main culprits are Purple and Yellow. To make black you use purple and yellow.

Mick

OC Maximus
06-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Good info Mick.