PDA

View Full Version : Mods for PCP&C Turbocool 510

Nico
01-21-2004, 04:33 PM
I want to adjust my 3.3v rail up a bit, but the internal VR is already maxed out. Has anybody replaced the VR and know what specs I would require?

enzoR
01-22-2004, 10:50 AM
does that PSU have a sense line? if it does, just add a simple voltage divider circuit to that. (2 pots. 1 inline the otherone going to ground after the first pot)

esoteradactyl
01-22-2004, 11:48 AM
i have one of these on the way and wanted to know this also. pcp&c wanted $90 to install external pots. no way im paying that!
im sure it can be done easily. i just dont know which method will work. its either a vr between the sesnse line (if this psu has one) or a fixed resistor with a 1k vr.

NWEng
01-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Have you thought of just replacing the existing pots in the psu?

:cool:

esoteradactyl
01-22-2004, 03:10 PM
i did. but i dont know how difficult that would be. the pots seem to be soldered to a pcb. plus it is going to mounted in a case and i want to have access to the pots from the back or the front of the psu. the front seems like the best place to the mount pots since theres already holes drilled in it ;)

Nico
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Replacing the VR is the way to go, I'm just trying to get some good spec's on the current and replacement VR's now.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18118

bachus_anonym
02-19-2004, 09:23 PM
i'm sorry for resurrecting this thread :D

i just got right cermet trimmers today and had my my "temporary" 3.3v rail vmod re-done from scratch... i also added 12v rail vmod :banana:

http://www.speakeasy.net/~michasmisiek/xtreme/ppcac510d_modded.jpg

those are 2K ohm trimmers that replaced 500 ohm ones... they're not even half-turned yet: 3.3v at 3.5v and 12v at 12.40v :-) i pushed 3.3v little harder before i put PSU into my case and i got 3.8v... turned even more and PSU shut itself off at 4.1v... well, i don't think i'm ever gonna need over 4v on that rail...

oh, btw, what is interesting about this PSU? it doesn't have 12v sense wire... only 3.3v and 5v... i wonder why...

take care folks,

Nico
02-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by bachus_anonym
i'm sorry for resurrecting this thread :D

i just got right cermet trimmers today and had my my "temporary" 3.3v rail vmod re-done from scratch... i also added 12v rail vmod :banana:

http://www.speakeasy.net/~michasmisiek/xtreme/ppcac510d_modded.jpg

those are 2K ohm trimmers that replaced 500 ohm ones... they're not even half-turned yet: 3.3v at 3.5v and 12v at 12.40v :-) i pushed 3.3v little harder before i put PSU into my case and i got 3.8v... turned even more and PSU shut itself off at 4.1v... well, i don't think i'm ever gonna need over 4v on that rail...

oh, btw, what is interesting about this PSU? it doesn't have 12v sense wire... only 3.3v and 5v... i wonder why...

take care folks,

Nice work :D

The 3.3 must have hit the overvoltage/ overcurrent shutoff, but as you say, I wouldn't be keen on put 4.1 to a motherboard.