PDA

View Full Version : CCC messing up my display config. (or does the HDMI port?)

Source
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hello,

Got a question about my display configuration;

Since I changed my motherboard/CPU/RAM to go from LGA775 to LGA1155, my display is going bonkers, or the display configuration to be specific.

My monitor setup is:
- Dell U2410 @ HDMI or DP
- Samsung MW225 @ DVI

Normally, the Samsung MW225 is disabled because it is hanging above my bed and I only use it to watch movies.

The configuration should look like this:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll128/Source90/Naamloos-47.jpg

First of all:
The U2410 is seen as '#2', he was number #1 before the platform switch.

Problem:
Whenever I start the PC, Windows (or AMD CCC) messes up the display configuration.
He sets the -normally disabled- Samsung MW225 as #1, activates it and puts the Dell U2410 as secondary/extended.

So, every time I start the system, I must turn on the Samsung above my bed, use my mouse in some awkward position, so I can see the monitor above the bed, and change the Dell from extended to Primary.

Why is this and how can I solve this?

What I've tried:
- Different HDMI cable, even some overpriced Monster HDMI cable I use for the TV shows this problem. Tried 3 different HDMI cable and 1 Display Port cable, all the same.

- Turning on and off 'Automatic detect for new displays'.

- Tried 3 different versions of CCC, including the newest, 2 versions older and the version that was already installed before the switch.

Killing the power is a no-go, then I must crawl behind my desk every time I want to watch a movie.
Now I just use a preset to turn on the Samsung MW225, drag the movie screen to the Samsung monitor and watch the movie.

zalbard
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I had a similar problem with friend's Nvidia card. We had a monitor hooked up using DVI, and a TV using DVI-to-HDMI cable. Long story short, swapping between different ports cured the issue.
Sounds silly, but give this a try...

Source
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks!
Did try this already, forgot to mention.

Tried the Dell U2410 on the Display port and the HDMI port.
Tried the Samsung on the first and on the second DVI port, no succes.

If I disconnect the Samsung/DVI, the Dell on HDMI automaticly switches to one.
When I connect the DVI again, he goes to second (the Dell U2410).

In my book, it would be, last one that comes only, is the last number.
But for some reason, CCC always put the Samsung on DVI on #1.
the fanboy.