PDA

View Full Version : Apogee XT (rev2) mounting

brammers
06-05-2011, 06:15 AM
All,

There was a little chatter a while back that the orientation on the Swiftec site for the mounting of the Apogee XT was originally based on Socket 1136 findings and that it might not apply to Socket 1155.

Does anyone have any data of a tangible benefit to mounting the XT with the screws perpendicular to the socket leaver (as opposed to in parallel as outlined in the fitting guide)?

I'm cooling an i7-2600k (@4.9G 1.4v) on an Asus P8P67 Deluxe (soon to be B3).

TIA
J

Martinm210
06-05-2011, 06:27 AM
I didn't do enough mounts to find anything conclusive either way, but I do have the following:

Mount 1 was with per the recommended bolts parallel to the retention lever. Mounts 2-5 were perpendicular.
http://martinsliquidlab.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/apogeext2-mall.png?w=560&h=705

My best of those mounts was #2 and #3 wasn't far behind.

I did notice the retention system on my MSI board is rather aggressive and does bow the IHS vertically. This could be why the orientation doesn't seem to matter much.

As with most testing, my results may be specific to my MB and processor. I would suggest trying both ways and see for yourself which works best for your setup.

brammers
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll go for perpendicular as that's how the tubing run works best for the outlet.

Seems like it doesn't matter much either way - but your numbers on a very similar setup to mine make it "worth a punt" :)

Thanks
J