PDA

View Full Version : Case HAF-X with a 3x120 rad.doubt

ea3ot
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I have my rad in the top of the case ( inside) with 3x GT 1850 pushing air to the rad . In the top of the case I have a pair ( default) of 200x3 fans and are exhausting air from the case., and basically the air of course come from the rad, I will like to know if not will be any better , replace this 2 low rpm fans (700 Megaflow) for 3 GT 1850 like I have in the bottom of the rad. It will very easy to do that. but Im not quite sure if it will be any significant gain doing that. What you think about??

Aevnar
05-27-2011, 11:22 AM
It may provide a slight advantage, if, for instance, those fans are high static pressure ones, because the megaflow ones are high CFM, but low static pressure. Although I would question the need for this, if you already use 3 fans on the underside. That's what I'm doing personally, I use 2 megaflow on top, and 3 1200 rpm fans on the underside of the triple rad (a swiftech one).

With only this rad, I'm cooling a overclocked I7 920, along with 2 GTX 480 video cards, with very good temps overall. So I'd say this kind of setup is more than sufficient for high heat loads, using smaller fans would probably only be more noisy for an intangible gain.

ea3ot
05-27-2011, 11:41 AM
It may provide a slight advantage, if, for instance, those fans are high static pressure ones, because the megaflow ones are high CFM, but low static pressure. Although I would question the need for this, if you already use 3 fans on the underside. That's what I'm doing personally, I use 2 megaflow on top, and 3 1200 rpm fans on the underside of the triple rad (a swiftech one).

With only this rad, I'm cooling a overclocked I7 920, along with 2 GTX 480 video cards, with very good temps overall. So I'd say this kind of setup is more than sufficient for high heat loads, using smaller fans would probably only be more noisy for an intangible gain.

That,s the reason for ask, just beacouse I have never have used before this type of conbination with 3 fans=rad=3 fans . I have see some guys using the same case who have done this, and Im curious myself