PDA

View Full Version : DVD/CD RW show in BIOS and My Computer but wont read ANYTHING!

little_scrapper
05-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Ever have this issue? I have reseated and moved the SATA cable but didnt make any difference. :shrug: The optical drive was working before.

I also noticed that I have something in my device manager that has a yellow exclaimation point on it called a PCI Simple Communications Controler. It appears to have no driver installed for it and i have no clue what it is. Can anyone help me out. Im wondering if the two issues are related.

dengyong
05-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Ever have this issue? I have reseated and moved the SATA cable but didnt make any difference. :shrug: The optical drive was working before.

I also noticed that I have something in my device manager that has a yellow exclaimation point on it called a PCI Simple Communications Controler. It appears to have no driver installed for it and i have no clue what it is. Can anyone help me out. Im wondering if the two issues are related.

I believe the unknown device is the blue tooth thingy. Is your board a B3 ?

little_scrapper
05-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I believe the unknown device is the blue tooth thingy. Is your board a B3 ?

Yes it is a B3. Does this board even have bluetooth?

aicjofs
05-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Ever have this issue? I have reseated and moved the SATA cable but didnt make any difference. The optical drive was working before.

Yes I have if you mean inserting a disc, drive activity and then no disc shows up in windows. I think it's some upper/lower filters in registry fix or something of sorts. I lived with it for a month or 2 before I was due to reformat anyway, and then it was fixed.

Maybe try reading these:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

I'm not saying these are the exact descriptions of your issue, but I think this is the same area your problem lies and will at least help focus a google search.

Is it an Asus board? I forget what its called atk something or another (atk0110?) some monitoring thing I forget, half the time I install it and other times not. There is a driver out there some atk acpi driver or something, usually on the Asus website.

EDIT: If what I think it is look for ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit here:

http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Tools&p=1&os=

Select OS, it's under utilities

TV Addict#2
05-24-2011, 06:10 AM
vm workstation will disable autorun if you have that installed

little_scrapper
05-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Here is the unknown device i need a driver for, anyone got any ideas? It seems to indicate a chipset driver but I have the latest installed. *shrug*

little_scrapper
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I have tried browsing for drivers as well as looking online. Uninstalled. Registry fixes. Nothing works.

I even opened a dos prompt and tried to switch the directory to my optical drive.. cd D:\ ... just says device not ready. I think the lazer may be out considering it is fully recognized yet will not read or write ANYTHING.

I still have no clue what the Unknown Device is??

zanzabar
05-24-2011, 05:42 PM
can u boot to the dvd drive, if u cannot do that did u install anything like an older game, from ID or ubi

little_scrapper
05-24-2011, 06:28 PM
It will not boot from the optical drive. doesnt detect the OS disk in the drive and simply moves on to the hard drive.

zanzabar
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
It will not boot from the optical drive. doesnt detect the OS disk in the drive and simply moves on to the hard drive.

then its dead or your bios dose not like it (if u just updated the bios or changed MB)

little_scrapper
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
It was working fine before so I will also go with IT IS DEAD AS....DEAD! Ordered a Samsung DVD burner fromthe egg. $20 & free shipping.

TV Addict#2
05-24-2011, 11:11 PM
could that unknown controller be usb 3

zanzabar
05-24-2011, 11:15 PM
could that unknown controller be usb 3

windwos has the marvel usb built in as marvel conforms to the standard usb windows driver

TV Addict#2
05-24-2011, 11:30 PM
seems like that p6x58d I mess with windows has no driver for the usb 3 controller there,I just reinstall after the xfire update,I'll have to check

little_scrapper
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I have already replace the optical with the new one and the new works perfectly.