PDA

View Full Version : RAD Setup fro Antec 1200, which one is better?

Avathar77
05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok first thing is first, Antec1200 is not the best case for watercooling, lets get that out of the way. When I got this case I told my self "I would never get in to watercooling" but here we are!

So any way, I already have a CPU loop and want to put my 695(7)0 under as well. But I figured a single 240mm rad is not enough. So I got my self a Black Ice GT stealth 240 from the bay(bargain at £12).

I am eagerly waiting till this EK nickel plating issue to be resolved(Hurry up Eddy from EK!!) for I have to order the GPU block. But for now I am more concerned about the placing of the 2nd RAD.

I am planing to put a HDD drive cage at the bottom of the case and place one RAD on top of it with 2 x 120mm fans pulling air in. There will also be a fan in the drive cage as well. I think I will have enough space for the pump to be on top of the drive cage. 2nd RAD is going to be on the top of the case with 2 x 120 mm fans pushing air through the rad to the top. I am going to keep the 2 rear 120mm fans and the top big boy fan as it is.

I have come up with 2 possible ways but not sure which one is good.

Pump-> GPU Block -> CPU Block -> 240 RAD1 -> 240 RAD2 -> Pump
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/Avathar77/WCTest1.jpg

or

Pump->GPU Block -> 240 RAD1 -> CPU Block -> 240RAD2 -> Pump
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/Avathar77/WCTest2.jpg

First setup has minimal tubing while second has a RAD before each block.

Also I am thinking of putting 2 sets of VL4N quick disconnects just before and after the GPU Block so that I can easily remove the GPU. From the skinnee labs tests on QDs it seems like there is not much flow restriction with them. QDs are not cheap but I think its a good investment since I tend to clean the PC every month or so and change the GPU every year or less!

So what do you think is the best setup and why? Any more configs I can set it up?

NKrader
05-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Pump-> GPU Block -> CPU Block -> 240 RAD1 -> 240 RAD2 -> Pump

will look better. and work almost the same?

Avathar77
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
but will it not give hot(er) water to the cpu block?

NKrader
05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Pump->CPU Block -> GPU Block -> 240 RAD1 -> 240 RAD2 -> Pump

the water wont be as differant in temps as you would think. just having the rads in the loop will do almost the samething as having them before each hot item in the loop.