PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling gear re-use

chorner
05-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Just curious what everyone on here does with their old blocks once you are done with them.

Do you move them to different systems, give them to family/friends, throw them in the garbage, collect them?

How long do you guys keep your blocks on average?

defect9
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
some people sell them. some let them collect dust. others use them in their kid's systems. I'm sure at least one member has sold them for the value of the copper.

Utnorris
05-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I usually sell them. I go through a lot of gear just because I like trying stuff out, so I usually do not keep stuff for more than a few months. However, my current setup I plan on keeping for at least a year. Well, unless I find some really cool to play with :D

Captain_Harlock
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
There is a thread here of rigs that users build out of old and spare junk including old water gear. Cant remember what its called or where its at, but there are some REALLY funny rigs in it. Anybody know where that thread is?

EDIT

I found it, its the Ghetto Mods thread : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182052

chorner
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
@defect 9 - of course, all of the above :) I'm curious to the overall picture. I know in general terms, it's a pretty "stupid" question.

@Utnorris - I'm with you there lol I always say "this system will last me at least 5 years...." until 6 months later.

@Captain_Harlock - haha I'd love to see that thread too.

To clarify: if there was a service that purchased your old gear for the material, would you use it? Utnorris wouldn't, and I generally wouldn't but there are cases where even myself have giant stores of heat sinks, watercooling bits, unused cases, power supplies etc. etc. that I have no idea what to do with. It would be nice to throw some of these back in to the system so-to-speak.

penguins
05-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I've been the recipient of very reasonably priced water cooling gear, and I'm sure there are lots out there looking for it.

I opt for sell, or give away.

[XC] Synthetickiller
05-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I have a dtek block I never got around to selling from the 775 days.

I really should list it, lol.

NKrader
05-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I usually sell them. I go through a lot of gear just because I like trying stuff out, so I usually do not keep stuff for more than a few months. However, my current setup I plan on keeping for at least a year. Well, unless I find some really cool to play with :D

and im so glad you do sell that such :)

Synthetickiller;4853685']I have a dtek block I never got around to selling from the 775 days.

I really should list it, lol.

back in the 775 days? i must be a blast from the past..

bah.. i <3 being poor lol

[XC] Synthetickiller
05-19-2011, 02:42 PM
and im so glad you do sell that such :)

back in the 775 days? i must be a blast from the past..

bah.. i <3 being poor lol

Seems like yesterday. :p:

I started WCing in the P4 days.... :up: