PDA

View Full Version : News Syndication

Marci
01-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Just a quickie to let ya know that I've syndicated your newsfeed to the frontpage of www.over-clock.com

This can be done by anyone using phpnukey oriented CMS systems by using www.xtremesystems.org/backend.php as the RSS / RDF block content file.

:toast:

CCW
01-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Excellent, should get us some more traffic even though you are leeching off of my hard work, LoL

BTW, got the tubing finally, all set up and running ;)

Nice new look ofr the site btw

Marci
01-20-2004, 10:09 AM
lol... U used to e-mail most of em over anyways, I just never had time to put em up on the site... this way saves you e-mailin' out the latest topics etc...

CCW
01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I used to send you over XS News, this way you get news from various sites and not just XS which is pretty cool.

Craig

Marci
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Well any site based on post or php nuke autogenerates the backend.php file for anyone to use to syndicate news... You could implement the same on here for register and inquirer as I've done over at the home site.

You have the backend.php file... so it may be worth promoting the fact, just e-mail the link to the backend.php and an invite to syndicate round any sites you find working on a nuke backbone...

CCW
01-20-2004, 10:38 AM
There are some ideas floating around as to the news thang but they were still being looked into last time I asked.