PDA

View Full Version : sidewindercomputers

Silver
01-19-2004, 10:09 PM
I placed about six orders last week and this order from sidewinder was the first to arrive. Unfortunately it did not have the correct part. I then sent an e-mail to them and heard back Monday morning about 2A.M. Not only is the correct part being sent but a pre-paid package is being sent as well in order to send them the part I did not order. You got that, right? PRE-PAID.
Now, I had not thought much about side winder computers before now and really know nothing about them. I recieved the below e-mail from them today and I must say, though I have ordered thousands of dollars from Newegg and am very happy with them, I do not get this kind of personal service from them. I kind of miss the days wherein manners were a rule of thumb. Do you think I'll shop at side winder computers again? YOU BET I will. My thanks to Mr. Stofer for providing me with real customer support.

You're welcome David, I appreciate your understanding! I do my best.
Your tracking # is going to be 01805213907333521474. Today is MLK Jr. Day so
this will go out tomorrow when the post office reopens for business.
Thanks,
Gary Stofer
Sidewinder Computer Systems
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com
sales@sidewindercomputers.com

Posted in this area as I really did not know where to put it and wanted to let people know of my experience. BTW, I did not request reimbursement on the return shipment and he did not ask. He just did it.

Below Ambient
01-20-2004, 05:01 PM
sidewinder is great.. gary is awesome i bought stuff from them in the early days and i always appreciated garys fast response time..

Jeff
01-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I've used them a few times and always had a positive experience.

Techmasta
01-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately their prices aren't always the greatest.

neyoung
01-20-2004, 06:37 PM
yeah, I've bought a bunch from them too and they take good care of their customers.

pulverizer
01-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Yes, they always ship the stuff so fast and I always end up getting it super fast...

Silversink
01-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Below Ambient
sidewinder is great.. gary is awesome i bought stuff from them in the early days and i always appreciated garys fast response time..

I have to agree, Gary is a stand up guy and really tried hard to please his customers.

faruquehabib
01-24-2004, 12:27 AM
they always worked well for me, and packaged itrems very good...

freecableguy
01-24-2004, 11:57 PM
You're forgetting the all-important point of this matter though....they screwed up your order. It would have been much more impressive if they had shipped the right part like 99% of the other vendors do. So, right from the start, below average....they have to WORK just to make me happy....thats the way I see it anyway. Maybe I'm a jerk.

Craig
01-29-2004, 01:11 PM
I've had all good experiances witht them.

No one gets it right every single time, and the test of a good site, is what happens when a error is made.

While I've never had a error on one of my orders, I'm glad to see they take care of customers so well. Encourages me to do more buying there.