PDA

View Full Version : Sucker Punch... What did you think?

DTU_XaVier
04-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Went to the movies yesterday to watch Sucker Punch... Went in there with the expectation of seeing an action-movie with a clever sub-plot of girls in an asylum trying to escape through fantasy-worlds.. And I wasn't dissappointed in the action-movie part, but the movie was so many different levels of awesome, that the action-parts actually stopped being the centre-piece, and took a backseat in my mind to the more psychological undertones...

Don't get me wrong, the action is awesome, it combines a lot of different genres of action-movies, the style is amazingly over the top (most of the movie taking place in dream-worlds, it makes sense), but there is a whole other movie underpinning it all... In my head this movie is a psychosis-dream-interpretation movie first, a drama second, and an action movie third... And then there's the whole "what actually happened" aspect afterwards, similar to watching Inception (although the movies are not THAT similar)...

Out of fear of giving away too much of the plot, I don't wanna write too much here...

My recommendation is GO SEE IT!, and if you already have, what did you think of it?
I might be easily entertained, but to my mind, there's no way this movie deserves the 22% rating it has on Rottentomatoes.com (to compare, the new Scream 4 has a 57% rating :shakes: )...

Oh, and the music and general sound-design deserves special mention.. Best music choice for a movie since... Well, since Iron Man for me, but I'm a sucker for superhero movies...

Best Regards :toast:

firebane
04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree. I went into this movie with little to no expectations and by the end of the movie I was thoroughly impressed with the way it was done and the storyline.

saaya
04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
expected a LOT and was dissapointed, still a kick4ss movie...
it sucks that they had to castrate the movie so much to make it PG13, ridiculous considering the type of movie and story...