PDA

View Full Version : PS3 client information compromised

Frag Maniac
04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
If you own a PS3, you may have already heard this, but if not, your personal information may have been compromised by a recent hack. I'm surprised I have not seen this on the forums I visit yet. It was just mentioned on a local TV news ad at the break of a program I was watching. Sony has released an official statement about it:

Important PSN Update – Your Personal Information Has been Compromised | PS3Hax Network (http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/04/important-psn-update-your-personal-information-has-been-compromised/)

NEOAethyr
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeppers, I knew about this since yesterday.
Pretty crazy they stole every single piece of info on that network including cc's and names, addy's, etc.

NEOAethyr
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
People are flipping out now.
There saying that this could result in the biggest lawsuit in history ^^.

zanzabar
04-27-2011, 12:08 PM
People are flipping out now.
There saying that this could result in the biggest lawsuit in history ^^.

then its really to bad that psn was moved to its own company right before this. and maybe this will bring attention to sony removing linux, not updating flash and that they changed the laser intensity settings on some of the firmware so the blue ray laser dies on the older consoles.

NEOAethyr
04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah I think it sucks that removed the ability to boot os'es out of the slim :(.
That was the one thing I was looking forward to since the 360 wasn't exploited (except for a dvdrom hack, yippy do).
The old original xbox was awesome when it came to certain software like xbmc.

I didn't know they messed with the laser's via firmware on the older model's, sounds almost like they would of done so on purpose to get rid of the "better" models :\.

Anyways I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.
There will probably be a lawsuit I don't doubt that.
But the ? is, can sony handle it, will this kill the company...
They're not sure of exactly what details were stolen ^^, they know it was possible that everything was though, which means they probably have no logs of the attack.

Some of the people that have used there credit card's on there have been canceling them which is a good idea as a precaution.

A good ? is, if the hackers actually stole those or not.
If they did, then there will be a gigantic lawsuit, given that sony did not say anything to the users why the network was down for around a week or so, and the attacks happened before they shut it down too.
Supposedly the Psn had over 70million subscribers in all...

This is pretty big.
We might end up seeing sony going out of business, not over competition, but over a lawsuit.

Edit:
Btw I feel I should mention this now instead of people realizing it years later.
It's an odd coincidence the timing which this happened.
Not that it means anything and all but still.

zanzabar
04-27-2011, 01:41 PM
they did not remove it form the slim they did not include it then they stole it away from people with phatss.

and with the 360 they have jtaged consoles that u can buy (u need 2 year old firmware so u wont beable to do it yourself now) but those let u have full axes.

edit- i saw that MS unbanned all 360's that were banned for custom dvd firmware and unsigned code, so maybe the hacker group wanted otherOS or user space in game mode for unsigned code or something and sony did not oblige.

NEOAethyr
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
they did not remove it form the slim they did not include it then they stole it away from people with phatss.

and with the 360 they have jtaged consoles that u can buy (u need 2 year old firmware so u wont beable to do it yourself now) but those let u have full axes.

edit- i saw that MS unbanned all 360's that were banned for custom dvd firmware and unsigned code, so maybe the hacker group wanted otherOS or user space in game mode for unsigned code or something and sony did not oblige.

I didn't know about a jtag exploit thing, I'll have to look into that.
I have 2 360's that were given to me for free and I've got 3 dvd-roms for them, 1 of those dvdroms was toast, one had a bad flash, and the other didn't match up with any of the boxes.
If I could mod them a diff way and get past the serial protection so I woudn't need a matched dvd-rom that would rock.

Also that's weird they unbanned some of the boxes...
Cool though.

Here's some updated info on the ps3 stuff.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:
We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:
Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;
Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and
Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information for those who wish to consider it:

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a “fraud alert” on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however, that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you, it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report, please contact any one of the agencies listed below.

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

You may wish to visit the web site of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General, and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1-800-345-7669 should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment

Q: Are you working with law enforcement on this matter?
A: Yes, we are currently working with law enforcement on this matter as well as a recognized technology security firm to conduct a complete investigation. This malicious attack against our system and against our customers is a criminal act and we are proceeding aggressively to find those responsible.

Q: Was my personal data encrypted?
A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

Q: What steps should I take at this point to help protect my personal data?
A: For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well. To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports.

Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. This email would have been sent to you immediately after you added the funds, and will contain the first 4 digits and last 4 digits of your credit card number. You can also check your previous credit card statements to determine which card was attached to your PlayStation Network or Qriocity accounts.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

Q: Have all PlayStation Network and Qriocity users been notified of the situation?
A: In addition to alerting the media and posting information about it on this blog, we have also been sending emails directly to all 77 million registered accounts. It takes a bit of time to send that many emails, and recognize that not every email will still be active, but this process has been underway since yesterday. At this time, the majority of emails have been sent and we anticipate that all registered accounts will have received notifications by April 28th. Consumers may also visit www.us.playstation.com/support and www.qriocity.com for notices regarding this issue. In addition, we have taken steps to disseminate information regarding this issue to media outlets so that consumers are informed.

Q: What steps is Sony taking to protect my personal data in the future?
A: We’ve taken several immediate steps to add protections for your personal data. First, we temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and, second, we are enhancing security and strengthening our network infrastructure. Moving forward, we are initiating several measures that will significantly enhance all aspects of PlayStation Network’s security and your personal data, including moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway. We will provide additional information on these measures shortly.

Q: Has Sony identified the party or parties responsible for the PlayStation Network hack and subsequent theft of personal information?
A: We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation and are working closely with a recognized technology security firm and law enforcement in order to find those responsible for this criminal act no matter where in the world they might be located.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

My bother has a slim ps3 btw.
But we were never able to get it online because it's not compatible with verizon dsl.
1. Default mode of the modem was routed bridge mode and it blocks alot of ports, of which the ps3 needed.
2. Non routed bridge mode, I need the mac address cloned, I have the mac, but I could not find a single spot in the ps3 setup to change it's mac.

With the 360, with the modem's default routed bridged mode it worked fine.
I didn't check in the 360 if there was a way of changing it's mac.
Either way at least it worked.

So in order for my bother to get online with his ps3 we need a router :(.
But I guess it's a good thing it didn't work out anyways...(we wouldn't of used a credit card though so it would of been fine actually but whatever)

On engadget they are saying that the psn network should be back up bit by bit within a week or so, and it will ask you for a new pass once that has started.

Edit:
A note to everyone:
As a security precaution if you ever used your credit card on there you should probably cancel the credit card now.
Also if you used the "same password" at other sites such as email and so on, you should change all of them.

I'm just saying it's a good idea..., the chance that the hackers or someone involved with this would pick you out of 75 million people to steal from is probably slim, but regardless I feel I should warn people...

Frag Maniac
04-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Funny how the PC gaming platform is always the one being maligned for hacker exploits and piracy, then this happens. I'm sure a lot of console fanboys who've been bashing PC players calling them pirates will be rethinking their loyalty to the almighty console cash cow now. Maybe this will help level the platform playing field a tad.

NEOAethyr
04-28-2011, 06:16 AM
There is some talk now that credit card info's were stolen and that several people have reported that there card's were being used.

There's is no word of this from sony yet on if this is really true or not.

Ket
04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
THis is why I never use my CC online with the exception of my very secure laptop. I'm just not that daft :yepp:

NEOAethyr
04-28-2011, 10:05 AM
True true, I do know on the 360's you can buy points via card's locally.
Which alot of people do.
Actually I think everyone I know does it that method.

Ps3 wise I don't know.
I would expect most would believe the network is secure and all.
I'm personally not into stuff like steam and buying things online to download.
I'de rather have a hard copy.

For things you can only buy online, again I would be using those point card's if at all possible.
But that's me :shrug:.

I'm not sure what to think, laugh at sony's misfortune or feel sorry for them.
I feel more sorry for the user then anything I guess.

crash5s
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Funny how the PC gaming platform is always the one being maligned for hacker exploits and piracy, then this happens. I'm sure a lot of console fanboys who've been bashing PC players calling them pirates will be rethinking their loyalty to the almighty console cash cow now. Maybe this will help level the platform playing field a tad.

You know lots of online databases have been hacked, banks, gawker, this isn't really anything new. I've also had a steam account compromised so oh well. If if you put the information out there someone can get it if they really want to.

Andrea deluxe
04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ohsonyp1.gif

zanzabar
04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
its more like
http://psx-scene.com/forums/images/news/plaintext.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwn4R_GexLM&feature=player_embedded

also its being reported that they stored the CC security code in plain text and in the same DB as the credit card number, if they did store the security code in the same DB without special encryption for that value then they are responcable for all charges from the loss of that data not the card holder or issuer, so even with the supreme court making class action suits illegal on wed when an arbitration clause is present, they will still get a huge suit from card issuers.

True true, I do know on the 360's you can buy points via card's locally.
Which alot of people do.
Actually I think everyone I know does it that method.

Ps3 wise I don't know.
I would expect most would believe the network is secure and all.
I'm personally not into stuff like steam and buying things online to download.
I'de rather have a hard copy.

For things you can only buy online, again I would be using those point card's if at all possible.
But that's me :shrug:.

I'm not sure what to think, laugh at sony's misfortune or feel sorry for them.
I feel more sorry for the user then anything I guess.

the ps3 u could buy psn money at stores, and u could buy games and u could go to amazon and use the psn store through them and buy keys for almost all content.

p3gaz_001
04-29-2011, 12:30 AM
however.. seems like xbox live too is having some kind of problems with multimatching....

awdrifter
05-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Sony got what's coming to them by suing Geohot and Graf_Chokolo. From what I've read on another site, by PCI compliance the payment processor should've only stored the last four digits of the card number. So even if it's not encrypted, the hackers shouldn't be able to use your credit cards to buy anything.

SKoob
05-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Sony got what's coming to them by suing Geohot and Graf_Chokolo. From what I've read on another site, by PCI compliance the payment processor should've only stored the last four digits of the card number. So even if it's not encrypted, the hackers shouldn't be able to use your credit cards to buy anything.

Not a particularly fair view of the situation, its not really Sony thats suffering its the users who are at risk of identity theft through no fault of thier own.

NEOAethyr
05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
The psn was hacked originally, the other day soe was hacked.
Credit cards were stolen.
For the psn, they apologized and offered a free month of the service.

If you're on the SOE network you might wanna check into the details...

http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/

May 2, 2011

Dear Valued Sony Online Entertainment Customer:
Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems. We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack. Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.

We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the attack and as a result, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off all SOE game services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When SOE's services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your Station or SOE game account name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information for those who wish to consider it:

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a "fraud alert" on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however, that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you, it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report, please contact any one of the agencies listed below.

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

You may wish to visit the web site of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General, and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We are committed to helping our customers protect their personal data and we will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programs. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in regions in which such programs are commonly utilized.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1 (866) 436-6698 should you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,

Sony Online Entertainment LLC

Ket
05-12-2011, 02:50 AM
IMO, whatever Sony do their only doing because they know theres a real likelyhood they could get sued into the ground by millions of people. Sony long stopped being the cool company so I have no sympathy for them. I just feel gutted for all the folk that had their shizzle stolen because of Sonys sh|t security.

[XC] Oj101
05-12-2011, 04:05 AM
Actually, Beyond 3D showed that their systems were NOT out of date.

Ket
05-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Never said their security was outdated, just that it was crap. I mean seriously.. if its true they wern't using any kind of encryption just passworded stuff thats REALLY bad. Irresponsible even.

NEOAethyr
05-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Square just got hacked.
My feeling on this one is they deserved it for putting out such crappy games.
They still sell, sure, but only because of name only, there's still plenty of people that would love to play any sort of game that was labeled final fantasy.
Hence I think they deserved it, but that's just my opinion.

As a precaution, if you recieve an email from square asking about your info, that would be a scam, just a heads up.
Don't even open such an email on an unsecured setup...(there's js that can hijack your system and that's usually what script kiddies use).

Square Enix can confirm a group of hackers gained access to parts of our Eidosmontreal.com website as well as two of our product sites. We immediately took the sites offline to assess how this had happened and what had been accessed, then took further measures to increase the security of these and all of our websites, before allowing the sites to go live again.

Eidosmontreal.com does not hold any credit card information or code data, however there are resumes which are submitted to the website by people interested in jobs at the studio. Regrettably up to 350 of these resumes may have been accessed, and we are in the process of writing to each of the individuals who may have been affected to offer our sincere apologies for this situation. In addition, we have also discovered that up to 25,000 email addresses were obtained as a result of this breach. These email addresses are not linked to any additional personal information. They were site registration email addresses provided to us for users to receive product information updates.

No dissemination or misappropriation of any other personal information has been identified at this point.

We take the security of our websites extremely seriously and employ strict measures, which we test regularly, to guard against this sort of incident.

I wonder truly how long ago these hacks were.
I suspect it could of been a month or 2 ago...
But maybe it was recent like the article seems to imply :shrug:.

What it looks like is that the nukes went critical, tsunami stuff too.
Someone saw the timing and acted on it.
That's what I think.

Sure a common group might do this.
Then again, I wouldn't, would you?
Most wouldn't care from what I've seen though so moral's might not be a valid argument.

Edit:
I would like to point this out, the international movement towards censorship and such corresponds with this timing.
It "might" be possible that this was done to help attain this purpose.
Much like the sara palin bank account hacks seemed like a few months back.
Keh whatevers though, if it was the gov doing this, there was no point, it's not like we have any say on what they do anyways so wth...
I'm thinking to much into it... :), if any evidence shows up in a few years that shows something interesting then cool...
Otherwise whatever it was some hacker kid :|.
I'm getting to suspicious at my age lmao.

NEOAethyr
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Sony got hacked yet again... :clap:

Ket
05-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Methinks Sony are being targeted for being massive twats with that whole incident involving that geo guy. Can't say Sony don't deserve it, they do. The last FF game sucked as well, huge POS. Square have one more chance to get FF back on track and if they don't I'll officially stop buying FF games and I've been playing them since FF7.

NEOAethyr
05-19-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't know but ah...
The list of games that you could select from for free as a pay off or whatever you wanna call it.
All those games suck...
I'de be like nah..., gimme something decent...

You trade your rights for something like wipeout, they give us the crappiest games on the darn system.

Oh yay, cool free games, oh nm...

Sorry sony, gotta bash you, it's more entertaining then your console system...

Ket
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
PS3 has a truckload of REALLY good games coming out this year, some of them already have. You'd think they would at least offer 50% off of a couple new releases for everybody potentially effected just so theres something that looks even vaugely like a legitimate "we're very sorry".

NEOAethyr
05-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah, forgot, Sony got hacked yet again.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1105/24/news018.html

I can't read it...
Anyways supposedly all the user data was posted online somewhere in the public with ph#'s, names, etc etc.

Pretty crazy.:rolleyes:

Frag Maniac
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Good point Ket, what they offered wasn't all that sincere, considering how deep their pockets are. I can't believe how naive and gullible a lot of PS3 fans are too. On the DiRT 3 forum some PS3 owners are actually blaming Codemasters for not being able to play it online yet.

zanzabar
05-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Good point Ket, what they offered wasn't all that sincere, considering how deep their pockets are. I can't believe how naive and gullible a lot of PS3 fans are too. On the DiRT 3 forum some PS3 owners are actually blaming Codemasters for not being able to play it online yet.

it kinda is codemasters fault since they make u buy multiplayer as dlc (included with the disk)

Cpl Ledanek
06-02-2011, 08:18 AM
PSN is up and I wanted to know how do I redeem those games

I added WipeOut HD + Fury and InFamous in my cart but it says I don't have funds.....I thought this was free?

How do I proceed?

Manicdan
06-02-2011, 02:19 PM
the welcome package isnt there yet, but the services are

Cpl Ledanek
06-03-2011, 07:36 AM
the welcome package isnt there yet, but the services are

thanks, don't know if the news was a rerun, but it read that PSN was hacked again.

Wow, Sony really pissed those guys/gals off :shakes: