PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise from Radiator

ninjikiran
04-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I have been getting this strange clicking, or poping noise from the general location of my radiator. Almost sounds like liquid splashing on something, but I verified no leaks while it was making the sound. Seems to be more frequent the warmer ambient temp is or under load.

I am using an AIO Radiator/Pump/Res combo so its impossible to pinpoint a specific part. All I can say is the problem started when I replaced the tubes and fittings. It seems to be louder if I turn the pump higher. The reservoir seemed full, not sure if its the pump cavitating.

Cookiesowns
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I have been getting this strange clicking, or poping noise from the general location of my radiator. Almost sounds like liquid splashing on something, but I verified no leaks while it was making the sound. Seems to be more frequent the warmer ambient temp is or under load.

I am using an AIO Radiator/Pump/Res combo so its impossible to pinpoint a specific part. All I can say is the problem started when I replaced the tubes and fittings. It seems to be louder if I turn the pump higher. The reservoir seemed full, not sure if its the pump cavitating.

Give it a few days, and if you really are concerned, shake it back and forth, use your muscles, and that should get rid of any trapped air bubbles.

ninjikiran
04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Give it a few days, and if you really are concerned, shake it back and forth, use your muscles, and that should get rid of any trapped air bubbles.

Been like this for at least 2 weeks. Not sure if there are any air bubbles left.

Serpentarius
04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
pull the pump plug on and off ... use the pressure to jerk the air bubbles into the t-line or res

ninjikiran
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I will try it, thanks for the tips.

Church
04-27-2011, 02:35 AM
If rad is on top of case with inlets pointing down (very common configuration), it's very suspect place where any air bubbles might gather and hard to get out, as it's highest point of loop and inlets from below it ain't helping getting those nasties out. Put case on side so that rad's outlet is above inlet, it might help getting air out, or skew your case to front, if inlets are at the back of case, to place them higher, for same reason as above.
If after some time passing you get air again there, probably somewhere air bubbles are getting cought (eg. by strong flow/whirl in reservoir) and collect there again. Try some antiwhirl inserts or topping reservoir liquid level then.