PDA

View Full Version : where to buy uncompressed songs

nauc
04-23-2011, 09:46 PM
where can i buy uncompressed songs, one at a time. i dont want to spend $15 for a cd that only has 2 good songs on it.

ps, this is what im trying to do...

i got a new home theater system (Onkyo HT-S6300) and i can hook my iPod up to it. ive found that MP3s with a bitrate of 320 sound cd like (i toggled back and forth from cd/iPod) and so now im trying to find alternatives, since iTunes doesnt sell songs with a bitrate of 320.

thanks

NEOAethyr
04-24-2011, 12:59 AM
There's flac, wv, and mpc files.
Not sure which are lossless though.
Pretty sure one if not all of those are.

There's also bin+cue format's for the original cd images, as well as ccd's and bwi's.
Otherwise get the highest bitrate mp3's you can find :\.

Some aac's can be lossless too, but I've never seen music stored like that, just audio tracks in films and series.
And I don't think I've seen a lossless one unless I made it myself...

As for finding places to buy lossless.
I couldn't say.
You'de have to buy the cd.
Not sure if you can buy music on md's.

Dvd's would use ac3 and dts, they would sound alot better then any mp3.
Plus you get the video's and such with those.

I think it's weird that they sell mp3's, most mp3's sound pretty bad, but bareable.
If you're gonna pay for it it should be a lossless copy at a certain audio rate and recorded with at least 16bit...
But I guess most people can't tell the difference between mp3's and cda :|.

Good luck finding what you're looking for ;).

DeltZ
04-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Only a few etailers/indie labels will sell the option of FLAC though it has slowly increased with time I think. FLAC is the most used lossless codec. By *far* the best way of finding a FLAC library is through private torrent sites dedicated towards music. Downloading from them is of course, non legal.

CD is your best bet otherwise and then rip the tracks (*properly*) to flac for storage.

nauc
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
is MP3 the only format that Amazon and iTunes sell?

thanks

[XC] Oj101
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Only a few etailers/indie labels will sell the option of FLAC though it has slowly increased with time I think. FLAC is the most used lossless codec. By *far* the best way of finding a FLAC library is through private torrent sites dedicated towards music. Downloading from them is of course, non legal.

CD is your best bet otherwise and then rip the tracks (*properly*) to flac for storage.

Buy the MP3, download the FLAC. Morally and (I think) legally correct:up:

jeremyshaw
04-24-2011, 12:06 PM
hdtracks, however, their selection is EXTREMELY limited.

Glow9
04-24-2011, 02:51 PM
usb record player + records :)

STEvil
04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
search mixtapes, find a fair amount from time to time.