PDA

View Full Version : Fuji FinePix A210 3.2 Megapixel

Liquid3D
01-19-2004, 06:58 AM
This camera was given to me by my Editor, and it's completely blowing me away! $200 gets you macro.....

Liquid3D
01-19-2004, 07:02 AM
And digital zoom...

JBELL
01-23-2004, 07:43 AM
nice ... I got a Fuji a303 3.2MP and I love it!

CCW
01-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Picture 1:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=305581

Picture 2:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=305613

Digital Cameras are great, dont know where Id be without mine!

btw, good work on the OCZ Mem Review Keith!

Craig

Jeff
01-23-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm in the market for a new camera and this one looks pretty nice. $200 seems like a great deal too.

My current Polaroid PDC640 is showing it's age... it's only a 640x480 camera but it's done well for me over the last 4 years.

Man... those are really nice looking pictures Liquid3D! :slobber:

isp
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Looks like your Fuji Is nice :D

I am not too savvy on photography or digital cameras etc but I like my Canon a70 ;)

Liquid3D
02-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I think I was looking at a Canon A70? It may have been too costly I forget. But I've been loving this it has really changed the quality of my reviews. Here's a close-up of the Danger Den RBX accelerator nozzle-5;

http://www.ksbrainstorms.com/2004_0129Image079.JPG

And from my window, with a little less zoom, the storm we had;

http://www.ksbrainstorms.com/2004_0128Image0010.JPG

Jeff
02-04-2004, 06:58 AM
You've sold me Liquid3D... I'm ordering one this Friday. ;)

madsam
02-04-2004, 07:27 AM
my first digital camera was a fugi finepix 1400, which is 1.3 megapixel, and i loved that camera. it was 399 bucks at the time i bought it.

last year i bought a newer version of it for 200 dollars, and it used only 2 batteries, and was 2.1 megapixel. this was a gift i bought for my sister-in-law. it is a very nice camera for the mere 200 bucks.

i also have a sony mavica cd250 which is also 2.1 megapixel, but has better features, and a better quality lens and flash. the macro is beautiful. this sony was a gift from my wife, and was around 500 dollars a little over a year ago. this same sony can be bought for around 250 if you shop carefully.

as for the fugi in question here....it seems fugi has added more megapixel, and most likely has improved several more componentes, and brought the price down to earth on this 3.2 megapixel version.

if the fugi in question lives up to my expectations....based on the 2 lower models i have worked with....i'd say it's a winning deal.

here's a pic from my sony. this is a macro shot:

Jeff
02-04-2004, 07:32 AM
This is the camera talked about right?
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=30-122-017&depa=7

Seems NewEgg.com has them for $151.90 delivered!

Yep... as long as they aren't sold out, I'm buying this guy Friday. ;)

madsam
02-04-2004, 07:38 AM
and here's a standard shot: this is "our" snowstorm.. he he he :

this was taken with my 1.3 megapixel fugi:

edit: there are 3 vehicles in that pic....yeah, we get a lot of snow at times. in front of the little tracker is my other bonneville. in a nutshell, i'd say the 3.2 megapixel fugi is a sweet deal, especially for the price. i figure it should be able to take far better images than mine, which is a 1.3 megapixel...;)

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Guys can you explain to me this macro stuff?

I have a 2.0MP Kodak and I want to take closeups but they come out WAY fuzzy, its horrible.

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Pic was taken at 1632x1232, I crop them to half size, file size drops about 10x from 700kb to 40-80kb, no loss of quality...

Look how messed up this is:

I want to take clear closeups!

madsam
02-04-2004, 04:31 PM
you'll have to make sure your camera supports the macro function, and if it does, there is still a point where the camera is still too close to focus.

most cameras don't take close ups very well, or anything withing 3-4 feet of the lens, but most macros will allow you to focus at a closer distance, like as close as a couple inches on some cameras, and just under a foot on others.

your manual should give specs on focusing distances....there should be a spec for normal focus, as well as a spec for macro...this will tell you the max, and minimum distances allowed for normal, and for macro;)

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Well I have been through all of my cameras options before, and have never even heard of the term macro being used with cameras before so there no "mode" on mine...

Someone mentioned a macro lens kit?

madsam
02-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Soulburner
Well I have been through all of my cameras options before, and have never even heard of the term macro being used with cameras before so there no "mode" on mine...

Someone mentioned a macro lens kit?

what model? maybe we can find more if we knew the model you have. maybe your only choice would be a lens kit, or adapter.

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Its a Kodak CX4230

I'll do a google search.

This (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ecamerafilms/kodeasdx.html)

Hmm it says Macro Focus Range 10-60cm ....looking for manual now.

Well there is a "Close Up" mode but I have that on, thats what I took that pic with...

Death ++
02-04-2004, 10:22 PM
im looking for a new camera atm, and this camera looks like a good one. looking at the quality of the pics you guys have taken, this camera is definatly better than mine. i also like the macro pics.

my only real concern now, is how well this camera takes pics of my computer. everytime i take a pic of my computer and some of my ccfl is on, the image gets blurry. how well does this camera take pics of cases with ccfl? especially when the actual ccfl is visible to the lens?

if a newer better camera is need, i have a friend who works at compusa who can get me digital cameras at the same price compusa gets them, so upgrading shouldnt be much of a problem, price wise

madsam
02-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Soulburner
Its a Kodak CX4230

I'll do a google search.

This (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ecamerafilms/kodeasdx.html)

Hmm it says Macro Focus Range 10-60cm ....looking for manual now.

Well there is a "Close Up" mode but I have that on, thats what I took that pic with...

did you also have the camera zoomed in? i ask because using the zoom can make the macro shots go out of focus .

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Zoomed all the way out.

No matter how hard I try its never clear....it doesn't matter how far away I am from it.

Man do I just suck at taking pictures or is it my camera?

JAWS
02-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
You've sold me Liquid3D... I'm ordering one this Friday. ;)

tell me about it. I was all set buying a Sony when I came across this thread. Great pics Liquid3D!

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 10:54 PM
This is like the best I can do...

Soulburner
02-04-2004, 10:55 PM
And this...

madsam
02-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Soulburner
try to take more images, but each time, move the camera further back. it looks as though the camera was too close to focus, or maybe it was just too close for the auto focus to focus properly. according to the specs on your camera, you should be able to take macro shots as close as 10 cm, which is about 4 inches. it appears you were 4 inches or more away, but i thought i'd mention it anyways, just in case you were closer than that.

i will also mention that in some instances, if there isn't enough light, some cameras will be unable to focus properly, especially at close distances. of course, since i can't pinpoint your problem, i'm taking a few stabs in the dark. i am assuming if your camera is in good working order, and no internal problems, then we are missing something simple. might be a setting, or adjustment, but that's all a long shot too.:)

Soulburner
02-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Actually for those shots I backed way up, 1-2 feet, and used the zoom.

It was much clearer than being close with no zoom, I don't know why.

But what seems to happen when I try and take a closeup, the LCD screen shows the image clear, however when push the button to take a pic, the camera does a sort of "adjusting" thing where the zoom changes and it makes it blurry - then takes the pic. I can't stop it from doing this...

Liquid3D
02-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by madsam
you'll have to make sure your camera supports the macro function, and if it does, there is still a point where the camera is still too close to focus.

most cameras don't take close ups very well, or anything withing 3-4 feet of the lens, but most macros will allow you to focus at a closer distance, like as close as a couple inches on some cameras, and just under a foot on others.

your manual should give specs on focusing distances....there should be a spec for normal focus, as well as a spec for macro...this will tell you the max, and minimum distances allowed for normal, and for macro;)

Yes there's a little button on the camera which you hit Macro, and the manual states 3.5" to 3.5ft. I've taken many pic's like an inch away, but it takes the right lighting, and angle. This camera has so many features. Like if you want to take picture with a LED light, but not have the flash overwhelm that light, it's akin to a low-light feature. It also has the classic low light feature. You can force flash on, or force flash off. It has a feature to eliminate the "red-eye" you see. It has digital zoom, and zoom. It almost alway's auto-focuse's but oyu can reduce the shutter speed to get low light scenario's, and it has a feture then which tell's if your shaking.

It also has the ability to take a Movie, which is based on the size of the chip you buy. That's an unbelivable price. My Editor got mine for me, so he paid more being in Europe. This picture was taken without flash, in Macro...

Liquid3D
02-06-2004, 10:19 AM
By the way the auto-focus is what makes the picture look blurry. Here's what it does. On this camera you depress the button half-way for it to focus. If the picture hasn't become clear, it's because the auto-focus is being over-taxed. But it's deceptive because 90% of the time the LCD wil be blurry. It's only when you activate the camera it's "tighten's up." What you must do is only depress the button part-way, ubtil it's clear, then push all the way for the shot.

I cannot stress enough how imporatnt it is to remain stable. Auto-focus or not, skaing will place too much burden on the corretive software. Whe you do Macro (close-ups) in beyond the 3.5" range, you'll have to angle, and click the button half-way down maybe twenty time before you'll get that clear shot. Some times you can move back in increments until your at the edge of capture. The camera must focus on one object which is why reflection shots are the absolute hardest to take. Anyway here's my RBX block close-up or macro;

Soulburner
02-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah the auto-focus is definetely what makes it blurry, but my camera won't take the picture until its done doing it...

JeffPH
02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
would anyone know if the canon s45 has the macro? thanks

Jeff
03-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Was delayed a month or so because of my nVENTIV Mach1 buying spree ;) but I'm finally getting a FUJI A210 camera. Final price at NewEgg.com was $151.99 after the $2.99 fee for same-day shipping.

One question about the included 16Mb xD card included... about how many pictures can you store on such a small card? I not very smart, but it doesn't seem like too many. ;)

Can't wait to get this little guy. I've been wanting to upgrade my under mega-pixel camera for a few years now.

Soulburner
03-24-2004, 11:25 AM
I have 16mb on my camera (internal, no card) and it will hold 16-20 pictures.

Each one is 1632x1232, 700-800kb each.

Jeff
03-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info. :toast:

Looks like the FedEx guy has it on his truck for a little delivery today. :D I can't wait!!!

IamAnoobieCheez
04-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Macro this.....

http://portfolio.iu.edu/skrska/Misc/101_0128.JPG

T07N
04-25-2004, 05:05 PM
You camra doesn't have focusing?

IamAnoobieCheez
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by bluestar88
You camra doesn't have focusing?
it does.

it's focused in the center-most part and the area toward me. You were looking closer to the edge and the corner of the card, that's why you thought it's out of focus.

Advice: you need to punch up your viewing screen. maximize it, and in at least 1280x1024 res or higher on the monitor. Sounds like you were seeing the portion of the video card.